Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Talking Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

At any hotel in "North America." It may be only for residents of N. America, because it's on the same page as the Fall 2x Promo.

Now I wish I had been able to buy BWR points during Daily Giveaways. The price was a mediocre deal normally, but now. . .
boxo likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
The 10,000 pt fall17 promo did not work for the hotels i tried....
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by wilma
The 10,000 pt fall17 promo did not work for the hotels i tried....
Did you register for the offer?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:59 pm

I'm registered but not seeing the 10k rates anywhere... I've got a handful of points that have languished for quite some time, this would be a nice opportunity to use them, especially if we can use them for multiple nights.

Relatedly, aren't you allowed to purchase up to 10k points per redemption at reasonable rates? I can think of a number of places I wouldn't mind staying this winter for $100...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer
yes

Originally Posted by Drummer
all I get is this message--"The rate plan you requested is not available. The available rates are listed below. "

has anyone had the 10,000 pt special work for them?

Last edited by l etoile; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:24 pm Reason: Merge
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Is there a promotional code to use? I registered but can only see the regular points required.....nothing for 10k.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:31 am

No luck here either. The property I want to stay only lists 20,000 points per night.
I tried several different dates, still no luck.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
Is there a promotional code to use? I registered but can only see the regular points required.....nothing for 10k.
Fall17 after you register. I have tried it for several properties and it does not work.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:47 am

It's quite painful to deal with BW Rewards support. They're quick to rush out stock replies and not address the specific question being asked.

After the third reply, they said "sorry" come back in October when the 10K point will be active...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks for a good answer, DBCme! Gee, if we have enough to pay the full points-price, I wonder if we can book award space now, then re-book at 10K in October even if award space is gone by then??
Also, does "North America" include Mexico? Caribbean? (if any of their hotels survive hurricane season!)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by DBCme
It's quite painful to deal with BW Rewards support. They're quick to rush out stock replies and not address the specific question being asked.

After the third reply, they said "sorry" come back in October when the 10K point will be active...
My first reply from customer service said i could not reserve a room under this promo until nov 1.when i challenged this she checked with a supervisor who claimed we could reserve sometime in october
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:01 am

Below is an excerpt from the FALL17 promo FAQ section: (https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/of...r/fall-17.html)

Exclusive Offer for BWR Members Redeem 10,000 points for a free night

The second part of the Fall Promotion is a burn period, where BWR members can redeem 10,000 points for an exclusive offer for a Free Night valid for a stay at any Best Western branded hotel in North America. The free night is valid for stays taking place between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018 (Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice). Does a guest need to make advance reservations for the Free Night under this promotion?

Yes, advanced reservations are required. Advanced reservations can be made on bestwestern.com, through the mobile app, by calling the hotel directly or by calling Best Western Central Reservations at 1(800) 780-7234.

Questions? Send an email to [email protected]

Interestingly, the T&C's don't mention a word about this "second part" of the Fall Promo. And the "Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice" statement above doesn't make me feel all that comfortable either.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Thanks for a good answer, DBCme! Gee, if we have enough to pay the full points-price, I wonder if we can book award space now, then re-book at 10K in October even if award space is gone by then??
Also, does "North America" include Mexico? Caribbean? (if any of their hotels survive hurricane season!)
That may be a good backup plan here!

Of course it's in BW's best interest to present easy to digest details of the promotion to avoid all these unnecessary calls/emails and spreading of incorrect or inconsistent information.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:36 pm

10,000 points per night is up and running.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Cool, Tanfox! Oh-so-thank-U for reporting!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.