Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus
This could be a fun game, what's the best bang for the buck you can find with this 10K point promo
I came back a couple of weeks ago from NY where I stayed for four nights and redeemed 40k points at the BW Premier Herald Square. Upon check-out, I got a folio with the amount of US$1,750.13. Thank god I didn't pay for it! Great hotel overall.
Brendan and heraclitus like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I came back a couple of weeks ago from NY where I stayed for four nights and redeemed 40k points at the BW Premier Herald Square. Upon check-out, I got a folio with the amount of US$1,750.13. Thank god I didn't pay for it! Great hotel overall.
LOVE that hotel! I stayed 3 nights on points a couple of years back in December, several months after the hotel just opened. It was $500+US a night - so that was even worth it for a regular redemption (which, at the time I think was 35K).

I'm going to NYC again next Xmas, but will be redeeming at the hotel next door instead - using Marriott points. That area rocks!!!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
So this is weird...I had booked a room under the 10k promotional deal for the Truckee Tahoe BW location for a night.

Got a confirm that it would be 10k pts. This was back in October or so.

Checked it today since the stay is coming in a few days....and now the reservation said it was a

$30 stay + $40 taxes, with no mention of points.

That is still a good deal for the area at that time of year (MLK wknd in ski country) but I hadn't seen that before.

Our last BW 10k stay didn't have any fees nor taxes assessed.

And the original confirm didn't have any either.

I cancelled (for other reasons) but was curious as to what happened.

Any thoughts on this? not really a big user of the BW program, so not sure if these things are normal....
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
So this is weird...I had booked a room under the 10k promotional deal for the Truckee Tahoe BW location for a night.

Checked it today since the stay is coming in a few days....and now the reservation said it was a

That is still a good deal for the area at that time of year (MLK wknd in ski country) but I hadn't seen that before.

Any thoughts on this? not really a big user of the BW program, so not sure if these things are normal....
The Best Western site is having a problem displaying some award reservations correctly.

I have a BW 10k reservation for tomrrow that I booked a couple weeks ago. My reservation confirmation said 10k points. When I pulled up the reservation this Saturday, the BW website showed a big blank where the room rype, the room rate, etc, normally goes. I called up BW and they confirmed it was still for 10k points, and sent me a confirmation email which said that (in a very different format than the automatic confirmation email I'd gotten back when I made the reservation).

So at least in my case it was a website glitch. (But my case was missing information, rather than wrong information.)

But since you cancelled before looking into it, and your case was a bit different than mine, I can't be sure if yours was just a website glitch or not.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by akr1970akr

that's the revenue the hotel gets from points reservation which best western international pays for. Im assuming the rate was not set to private or there was a glitch that allowed you to see something which you shouldnt have.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I stay at BWs a couple of times a year so don't check my account that often. However, I did manage to book one of the special 10K awards for a stay in LA last month that went well enough. Today when I checked my account, I found not only were the points not deducted but I earned 500 points for the stay plus 250 for the post stay survey I completed! Anyone else want to admit that their points weren't deducted?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I stay at BWs a couple of times a year so don't check my account that often. However, I did manage to book one of the special 10K awards for a stay in LA last month that went well enough. Today when I checked my account, I found not only were the points not deducted but I earned 500 points for the stay plus 250 for the post stay survey I completed! Anyone else want to admit that their points weren't deducted?
I only stayed on the 10K promo once, and my points were deducted the day before I checked in.

I also earned 500 points for my stay.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:14 am

I am guilty as charged. Three of our 10k stays were not charged. Got the 500 points as well the 250. So with 50k we stayed 8 nights.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
My wife and I used points for a regular reward booking for this May and the points have not been deducted from our accounts... it's been a while since I've made a BW Rewards booking but do the points not get deducted when you make the reservation???
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by heraclitus
My wife and I used points for a regular reward booking for this May and the points have not been deducted from our accounts... it's been a while since I've made a BW Rewards booking but do the points not get deducted when you make the reservation???
No - they are deducted just prior to your stay. You still need the points to book, but they are not deducted immediately. I seem to recall in the past that they were....so maybe that's changed?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found not only were the points not deducted but I earned 500 points for the stay plus 250 for the post stay survey I completed! Anyone else want to admit that their points weren't deducted?
Originally Posted by pirossalma
I am guilty as charged. Three of our 10k stays were not charged. Got the 500 points as well the 250. So with 50k we stayed 8 nights.
Not a new issue, and not an issue specific to this 10k promo. See here:

Points continually not deducted
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:29 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Brendan
DL17, this is the very first time I've seen anything similar in all my years of BW membership!
Does anyone have a hypothesis why Best Western gave us the 10k winter promotion out of the blue? A repeat performance would be wonderful, not that I am expecting one.

In January a family member needed several nights. We got a 28k $175 hotel for 10k points on almost every night we needed, using half my stash of points. I love impressing my family with my ninja points skill.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Sometimes these random deals just come out of the blue. Reminds me a bit of the time that Aeroplan offered business class redemptions at economy prices for a couple of weeks, totally unannounced, maybe 7 or 8 years ago.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Does anyone have a hypothesis why Best Western gave us the 10k winter promotion out of the blue? A repeat performance would be wonderful, not that I am expecting one.

In January a family member needed several nights. We got a 28k $175 hotel for 10k points on almost every night we needed, using half my stash of points. I love impressing my family with my ninja points skill.
I think they are trying to drum up more loyalty and get people enticed to join. They launched new elite benefits early last year and launched the status matching, but it probably didn't initially generate as much enrollment or buzz as, say, the Wyndham changes a couple years back. They did that whole black Friday wheel thing which coincided with this great 10k promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.