Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

AAA/CAA members stay twice to earn a free night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAA/CAA members stay twice to earn a free night!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow AAA/CAA members stay twice to earn a free night!

BW is (kind of) picking up on offering FFNs which Hyatt has abandoned !

bestwestern.com/AAAroadtrippin

Register, then complete 2 stays before September 4, 2016 to earn 1 free BW night (no limit on money nor points price ) which will expire November 20, 2016. This promo is only for auto club members who reside in USA, Canada, or Caribbean. Paid stays to earn the bonus must be in those regions, and the free stay is valid only there.

May or may not be combinable with the $50 GC + 1000 points SUM16 promo.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
BW is (kind of) picking up on offering FFNs which Hyatt has abandoned !

bestwestern.com/AAAroadtrippin

Register, then complete 2 stays before September 4, 2016 to earn 1 free BW night (no limit on money nor points price ) which will expire November 20, 2016. This promo is only for auto club members who reside in USA, Canada, or Caribbean. Paid stays to earn the bonus must be in those regions, and the free stay is valid only there.

May or may not be combinable with the $50 GC + 1000 points SUM16 promo.
T&Cs say:

"Promotion is not valid with any other offer"

But it let me register (even though I was already signed up for SUM16), so we'll see what happens.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Their Website told me that I had successfully registered for this 'un online, but when I logged in & went to my Special Offers page, this one was not there. Only SUM16 was. So I phoned in. The first CSR said it conflicted with the Aeroplan 2000 promo . The 2nd girl said she could see that I was registered for both SUM16 & Roadtrippin'. And I re-registered online for Aeroplan without a problem.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Are hotels strict on checking that you are a member of AAA/CAA? Is this free night voucher going to be valid for any BW hotel worldwide - with reward availability? Might be worth joining AAA to avail of this...
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Enigma, the hotels may or may not ask for your AAA card, but IIRC you must give BW your AAA Member # to register for this.
Also, as stated in my OP, earning & using free stay are valid only in USA, Canada, & Caribbean!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Enigma, the hotels may or may not ask for your AAA card, but IIRC you must give BW your AAA Member # to register for this.
Also, as stated in my OP, earning & using free stay are valid only in USA, Canada, & Caribbean!
Fair enough. Is it any hotel in USA, Canada or Carribbean? Presumably 2 cheap BW stays in rural locations giving you a free night in a BW in Manhattan is a pretty good deal if you can make it work for your travel plans? Probably not worth joining AAA just to take advantage but a pretty good deal. Esp if it combines with the $50 gift card.

I live in Canada now btw, my FT profile is out of date.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

I'm pretty sure it's any hotel in those regions, but call BW to be sure.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
T&Cs say:

"Promotion is not valid with any other offer"

But it let me register (even though I was already signed up for SUM16), so we'll see what happens.
Well, it doesn't look good (for stackability). It's been more than "2 to 3 weeks" (3 and a half weeks, to be specific) since my 2nd stay during the promo period (and since registration), and no peep about earning a free night. I did meanwhile get a $50 gift already for a stay that was 1 week after what would have been the 2nd stay for this promo had it worked.

However: This promo ends about 2 weeks after the $50 GC promo ends, which brings up another question: I've you've registered for both promos, and have stays after the $50 GC promo ends but before this one ends, will you earn a free night then?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Are hotels strict on checking that you are a member of AAA/CAA? Is this free night voucher going to be valid for any BW hotel worldwide - with reward availability? Might be worth joining AAA to avail of this...
So far only hilton makes me enter my CAA number when I want to book a room with CAA rates. Before I was a CAA member I booked rooms no problem using the CAA rate and was never asked for my card.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Are hotels strict on checking that you are a member of AAA/CAA?
This promo is for Best Western AAA Rewards members.

That's a subset of the Best Western program specifically for AAA members.

Best Western requires your AAA number to sign you up for Best Western AAA Rewards. And you have be signed up for Best Western AAA Rewards to qualify for this promo.

It has nothing to do with whether you use the AAA discount at a hotel, it has to do with a BW membership type.

Having said that, you also have to not have registered for the general SUMMER promo, apparently. No one here has come back to say they earned this free night cert, so I suspect, like me, they didn't earn it no matter how many times they stayed after registering, because they earned $50 gift cards from the SUMMER promo instead.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
AAA Free Stay Certificate Received

Just to let everyone know that I had a surprise in my in box today. It was a free stay certificate for the AAA Stay Twice Earn a Free Night promo. I am an AAA member (earn the additional 10% points for my BW/AAA account). I also registered for the general Summer promo where you can earn a $50 gift card for every two stays; in fact I earned the $50 gift card five times so I have maxed out.

My total stay count to date is "iffy" as I had separate reservations for a second room for three of my stays and this second room appears to have counted as a separate stay (at least that is what the BW customer service folks tell me). I have had 11 stays since the summer promo started - if you count the stays where I had two separate reservations then I have had 14 stays. Another reason I do not doubt that each of my reservations counted as a stay is that I received the 1,000 point on-line booking bonus 14 times.

The email forwarding the cert reads as follows:
Best Western is happy to give you this free night voucher, good at Best Western hotels worldwide through November 19, 2016*.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels again very soon.

Sincerely,
Tammy Lucas
Vice President, Marketing

I hope this information is useful. Unfortunately, I have had too many stays to provide an answer to the "concurrent earning" question.

GoingGal
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingGal
Just to let everyone know that I had a surprise in my in box today. It was a free stay certificate for the AAA Stay Twice Earn a Free Night promo. I am an AAA member (earn the additional 10% points for my BW/AAA account). I also registered for the general Summer promo where you can earn a $50 gift card for every two stays; in fact I earned the $50 gift card five times so I have maxed out.

My total stay count to date is "iffy" as I had separate reservations for a second room for three of my stays and this second room appears to have counted as a separate stay (at least that is what the BW customer service folks tell me). I have had 11 stays since the summer promo started - if you count the stays where I had two separate reservations then I have had 14 stays. Another reason I do not doubt that each of my reservations counted as a stay is that I received the 1,000 point on-line booking bonus 14 times.

The email forwarding the cert reads as follows:
Best Western is happy to give you this free night voucher, good at Best Western hotels worldwide through November 19, 2016*.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels again very soon.

Sincerely,
Tammy Lucas

I hope this information is useful. Unfortunately, I have had too many stays to provide an answer to the "concurrent earning" question.

GoingGal
I too got that same surprise email today.

In my case, I'd earned two or three $50 gift cards but had not maxed them out yet. (In fact, I have another pair of stays just before the $50 card promo ends, and I still won't max out with that pair of stays.)

And I hadn't had a paid stay in more than a month, so I also don't understand the timing, and I especially don't understand why and I had exactly the same timing on receiving the free stay email when we had quite different stay schedules.

In my case my stays were all one-room stays. And the only stay I had in the past month was an award stay (on which I earned 250 check-in points for Plat status).

Too bad it took so long to get here though. The award stay I just did was 36,000 points a night (or would have been $250ish/night cash). I doubt I'll have need of that good a value of a night between now and when it expires.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Are these free nights valid for any friend, or only for the person who has earned one?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are these free nights valid for any friend, or only for the person who has earned one?
It doesn't clearly say one way or the other, either in the email or in the T&Cs linked from the email. My email voucher says:

Dear xxxx xxxxxx,

Thanks for participating in our 2016 Summer Promotion!

Sincerely,
Tammy Lucas

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
  1. Please contact our US reservation team at 1-800-567-4009 to make your reservation
  2. Clearly state that you are using a free night voucher as payment.
  3. Print this email and present it upon arrival at the hotel.

Valid for one (1) free night at a Best Western
hotel in the US, Canada, or the Caribbean

Date Issued: 2016-07-xx
Voucher #: xxxxxxxxxx
Valid Through: 2016-11-19
Sequence #: xxxx
Since you have to print the email, and my name was in the body of the email, it's unclear to me whether they'll check that or not.

You may need to call Best Western Rewards customer service if you need a definite answer on this.

And please note that the email is self-contradictory about something else: The intro says the voucher is good at any Best Western hotel worldwide, but then below that it says it's only valid in USA/Canada/Caribbean.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: Southwest, American, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Choice Platinum, SPG, Wyndham Gold
Worked for me

Just as a reference point, I also received a $50 certificate on July 28th and thenAAA free night certificate on Aug 8th. My stays were mid July. It took a couple weeks, and honestly I was afraid the AAA free stay wouldn't work when I saw the $50 certificate email and the other didn't show up...but it did eventually.

Also as a point of reference, I did NOT book stays through the AAA link, but through my uPromise card link. I signed up for the AAA promo and never got a confirmation email either. I did get a confirmation email for the $50/2 stay promo though.

A side note..the UPromise card is quite possible the least promoted online shopping/hotel card out there that is really worth it. I'm guessing they don't pay the bloggers much/anything to push it. Granted the $50 sign up bonus isn't going to impress anyone, but the 10-12% back on almost anything I buy online, including my HOTELS is terribly nice, and is a good backup when there isn't a 15% cash back at eBates or such special going on. And no annual fee just helps it along. I don't earn a ton on it, but that extra $20-$30 a month that would be $10 somewhere else is kinda nice. If someone shopped a lot online, it might be REALLY nice. Hotel wise it is 10% for most chains if you book through them and pay with their card. (5% for each booking/charging), IHG is 6% for the booking, Best Western 5%, most other majors are 5%, and sometimes they have specials. The extra 5% takes a billing cycle or two to show up (which concerned me at first!), but now that I see how it works, it really is a pretty good deal.

My typical scenario is I could earn 5-8% on Ebates or Mrrebates + 1.5%-2% depending on which card I pay with....but I can get 10-12%+ from Upromise...so I bank an extra 2-5% on average...I'm ok with that tho, just saying. For some reason they are ridiculously messed up when it comes to posting IHG cash back...like, they post 3-5 things from the same stay over 2-3 months time, I dunno how their system works...but the way it adds up, I'm 195% sure they have never give me anything LESS than I should have, that's for sure!

Last edited by magnicus; Aug 19, 2016 at 12:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.