FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAA/CAA members stay twice to earn a free night!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:43 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingGal
Just to let everyone know that I had a surprise in my in box today. It was a free stay certificate for the AAA Stay Twice Earn a Free Night promo. I am an AAA member (earn the additional 10% points for my BW/AAA account). I also registered for the general Summer promo where you can earn a $50 gift card for every two stays; in fact I earned the $50 gift card five times so I have maxed out.

My total stay count to date is "iffy" as I had separate reservations for a second room for three of my stays and this second room appears to have counted as a separate stay (at least that is what the BW customer service folks tell me). I have had 11 stays since the summer promo started - if you count the stays where I had two separate reservations then I have had 14 stays. Another reason I do not doubt that each of my reservations counted as a stay is that I received the 1,000 point on-line booking bonus 14 times.

The email forwarding the cert reads as follows:
Best Western is happy to give you this free night voucher, good at Best Western hotels worldwide through November 19, 2016*.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you at one of our hotels again very soon.

Sincerely,
Tammy Lucas
Vice President, Marketing

I hope this information is useful. Unfortunately, I have had too many stays to provide an answer to the "concurrent earning" question.

GoingGal
I too got that same surprise email today.

In my case, I'd earned two or three $50 gift cards but had not maxed them out yet. (In fact, I have another pair of stays just before the $50 card promo ends, and I still won't max out with that pair of stays.)

And I hadn't had a paid stay in more than a month, so I also don't understand the timing, and I especially don't understand why and I had exactly the same timing on receiving the free stay email when we had quite different stay schedules.

In my case my stays were all one-room stays. And the only stay I had in the past month was an award stay (on which I earned 250 check-in points for Plat status).

Too bad it took so long to get here though. The award stay I just did was 36,000 points a night (or would have been $250ish/night cash). I doubt I'll have need of that good a value of a night between now and when it expires.