Wiki Posts
Search

President's Club + Preferred

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Platinum, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
President's Club + Preferred

No, not another thread about PC and how to qualify, but rather the different treatment across various locations.

I booked three 1-2 day rentals on the Internet using my Wizard+AWD number, but never had to enter my credit card number online. The booking process was identical for all three rentals.

(1) "Neighborhood" Location in New England: Agent swipes my CC, and asks me to pick a car, "any car" on the parking lot, then sign the contract. 3-class upgrade! I drop off the car at NYC airport, they drive me to the terminal. Great experience!

(2) Resort location in western part of the US (BTW, I was *not* staying at the hotel there). I walk into the office, they hand me the keys - 2-class upgrade. Car's upfront, no signature, no CC required. I drop off at airport location, but have to take the bus to the terminals.

(3) NYC airport: Name not on preferred display. I walk up to counter, wait in line, they go through DL, PC card, CC, etc. + signature required - 2-class upgrade. At the parking lot exit again DL+CC.

Why the different treatment? Obviously all my information (incl. CC and signature) is on file - see (2) above. How can I reserve a "preferred" rental for airport locations on line?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:19 am

I always reserve on line. Just enter the Wizard # and Password.

The service depends on the location:

-Large stations & airports: You find your name on the board or the bus stops next to the car.
-Small stations: You go to the counter. Some ask for CC card, some not.
-Abroad: You go to the counter. They ask for CC card.

You always have to show your drivers license at the gate or the counter.

I like Avis President/Preferred ... and Avis likes me
Always get 2 classes upgrade or more. At MUC I had reserved an Audi A3. They offered me a Mercedes E-Class, I asked for the new Audi A4 with GPS. They had none. They offered me a BMW 7 Series, Diesel with GPS and I happily agreed. Great car. Drove from MUC to FRA and back to MUC without fueling gas^
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:47 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by USAFAN
Almost always true... unless you become very friendly with a station. Last year, I was going to one station every 2 weeks for 5-7 days. It got to the point that they'd toss me the keys (literally) from about 5 feet away and tell me what space and to have a great day! Many, many brownie points for them!

On a side note... if you're Avis First and President's Club, can you see "President's Club" listed on your profile anywhere?? Yesterday I was told on the phone that my profile had been updated to PC, effective immediately. However, when I look at my profile through avis.com, it only shows First.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 9:26 am

OK, when they know you, they may NOT ask for the drivers license.

It shows on www.avis.com "viewprofile":

"Membership Status: Preferred President's Club"

Added: I looked at the Avis docs, "First" might be even "better", on top of "Preferred President's Club"!?!

Last edited by USAFAN; Apr 24, 2008 at 9:35 am
Old Apr 24, 2008, 9:43 am
Original Poster

At the non-airport location, I don't remember showing my DL, just my CC. And again at the resort location, no CC, no DL. I walked in, they gave me the keys. Done.

I am wondering how I can get my name onto the preferred screen at larger airport locations, so I don't have to wait in line at the counter. Is there a setting on www.avis.com that I have to select when making a reservation?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by 4GSM
I am wondering how I can get my name onto the preferred screen at larger airport locations, so I don't have to wait in line at the counter. Is there a setting on www.avis.com that I have to select when making a reservation?
At larger airport locations in the US you don't have to wait in line at the counter. Just take the bus. Give the driver your name and he will stop the bus near your rental car. Or you see your name on the screen. To wait in line can be very painful ... at MIA I have seen loooooong lines during holidays.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

At larger airport locations in the US you don't have to wait in line at the counter. Just take the bus. Give the driver your name and he will stop the bus near your rental car. Or you see your name on the screen. To wait in line can be very painful ... at MIA I have seen loooooong lines during holidays.
That's the thing. How do I get my name onto the screen? I know I am preferred and PC, but do I need something special during the booking process? Last time I did not see an option for "preferred" treatment, i.e., skipping the line and heading straight to the car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.