Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Seeking Wisdom and Knowledge re: Qualification for President's Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond

I have read many of the threads on this topic, but found no definitive answer on how one qualifies for this mysterious club other than as a benefit offered by certain credit cards. I may have 50 days of rentals this year (already 20 or so), and hope beyond hope to have my boldest dream realized -- to place the magic "V" token on the dashboard of an Avis rental.

Would some one who knows kindly impart the secret?

Dan in Cos Cob
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
First off, there are a ton of threads about President's Club, so I'm keeping this short.

President's Club is by invite only, via being the head of a company or having one of the credit cards you probably know about.

Another note is that the "V" sticker comes only with Chairman's Club (at least from what I've read and experienced). A higher (also invite-only) level for CEOs and the like.

A search will yield more comprehensive info.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THE soni
First off, there are a ton of threads about President's Club, so I'm keeping this short.

President's Club is by invite only, via being the head of a company or having one of the credit cards you probably know about.

Another note is that the "V" sticker comes only with Chairman's Club (at least from what I've read and experienced). A higher (also invite-only) level for CEOs and the like.

A search will yield more comprehensive info.
I appreciate the response.

Indeed, I understand that the club is invite only. I wonder what spawns the invitation and whether mere frequent renting might do so.

Dan in Cos Cob
Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I had over 100 days of rentals last year (30+ total rentals) and no Pres. club.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by diaspora04
whether mere frequent renting might do so.

Dan in Cos Cob
From what I understand of the program... no, frequent rental has nothing to do with it. Honestly, I don't rent that much from Avis (as in I don't make Avis First on a yearly basis), but I have a President's Club card, while I've read a ton of reports of people renting a lot (LoganFlyer for example) who aren't in President's Club.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THE soni
From what I understand of the program... no, frequent rental has nothing to do with it. Honestly, I don't rent that much from Avis (as in I don't make Avis First on a yearly basis), but I have a President's Club card, while I've read a ton of reports of people renting a lot (LoganFlyer for example) who aren't in President's Club.
I appreciate the information. Perhaps I should direct my request to Avis itself.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by diaspora04
Perhaps I should direct my request to Avis itself.
And they replied????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.