Wiki Posts
Search

Avis status levels?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First
Avis status levels?

I'm new to the FT forums and i didn't see a lot of background information on the AVIS world in my searching, but does anyone know if AVIS has a legit tier of status levels?

I rent A LOT from Avis (probably 50-60 per year) and while i got invited to AVIS First ... doesn't everyone?

Has anyone ever been recognized officially by AVIS for dedicated return service? Is there a tier system out there.

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:34 pm

I have seen some cars at my Avis rental location reserved for Avis' President's Club and Chairman's Club members, but, have no clue how one qualifies for it.

Last edited by nischalb; Nov 26, 2007 at 3:48 pm
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Word on the FT 'street' is that Prez and Chairman's clubs are by invite only. Though I see quite what I would think appears to be too many that are president's and CEOs (very well could all be legit too), I haven't found a way into either club myself and I've rented 90+ days this year.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
The search function is your friend.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Have a look for the AMX Centurion Card. It costs something like $1800 per year and you have to spend $250,000 or more to get an invite. It will get you top tier with rental car companies, Mid level on nearly every airline program and same goes for hotel programs.

My guess is that anybody who has one is going to buy a FC ticket, Rent a Jaguar, and Stay at the Plaza anyway.

Happy hunting.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:09 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
And You Are Not

Originally Posted by Savage25
The search function is your friend.
The OP is new to FT and may not be familiar with the search function. Even if one is familiar with it, it is not the most intuitive.

It would've been more productive and helpful to offer a couple of links and disclose the search input you used.

Your smart aleck comment offers no help. Remember the saying about giving someone a fish vs. teaching them to fish? Your response was neither. It was more like "There's a body of water around here somewhere. Good luck with that."

Some time it is better to remain silent and move on. I can't tell you how many times I've started to respond and decided here was no real benefit and I can be rather judgmental and intolerable). That said, your response prompted me to speak out.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by wth
The OP is new to FT and may not be familiar with the search function. Even if one is familiar with it, it is not the most intuitive.

It would've been more productive and helpful to offer a couple of links and disclose the search input you used.

Your smart aleck comment offers no help. Remember the saying about giving someone a fish vs. teaching them to fish? Your response was neither. It was more like "There's a body of water around here somewhere. Good luck with that."

Some time it is better to remain silent and move on. I can't tell you how many times I've started to respond and decided here was no real benefit and I can be rather judgmental and intolerable). That said, your response prompted me to speak out.
Here here...
I'm sure Savage25 just meant to tell the OP that the search facility is a good place to start.
I'm sure he meant no harm.
His post was not rude or aggressive in any way what so ever, so why the attack?
Or is there more to it…?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wth

ditto on that

and the search function is not always a friend but often an obstacle
Old Nov 28, 2007, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
It's
* preferred
* avisfirst (formerly preferred select)
* presidents
* chairmans

presidents isn't generally awarded based solely on frequency of rentals (though there are reports here of some members successfully petitioning for it).. a certain # usually come with large corporate contracts. amex centurion and the newer high-end continental mastercard come with it as well.

chairman's has recently been expanded to some high volume renters that are also decision-makers on corporate contracts (with a fee!). also comes with marquisjet ownership... and a very limited # with large corporate contracts as well.

CHM status is great by the way
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:37 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
Nice to see someone actually spend 2 minutes answering the question rather than prattle on about searching.

I'm sure a lot of us had a vague idea but weren't 100% sure so thanks for the definitive answer and concise summary gleff! ^
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:32 am
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by clubman
Here here...
I'm sure Savage25 just meant to tell the OP that the search facility is a good place to start.
I'm sure he meant no harm.
His post was not rude or aggressive in any way what so ever, so why the attack?
Or is there more to it…?
Why the dress down when, admittedly, the post was not overly rude or aggressive?

Perhaps it was how it struck me at the time. Perhaps it's the cumulative impact of similar statements like that across multiple forums. Perhaps it was the implicit tone (e.g. I found the wording of your first line much more friendly and less condescending.) Perhaps it was the "Stick Tongue Out" emoticon -- not one I generally interpret positively.

But probably, and most importantly, it was because that, while he may have meant no harm, he offered no assistance. And isn't that the point of these forums -- to share knowledge and information? If you want to encourage people to use search before posting a question (a sentiment I can embrace), then take the time to show them how. Or as many people do, attach a link to a relevant thread (and perhaps describe the search criteria used).

And I'm with Ex Amex Card in commending someone for answering the question.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA1P, IHC/PC-Plat
How do you get to be in Avis First? According to the website, it says 12 rentals or 35 days in a calendar year.

I've more than met that criteria with about 20 rentals and 100 days (or more). When I called, they said it's by invitation only to those who have met the criteria. I said "I've met the criteria." And they couldn't help me any further. Does anyone have a number for them or any further information on this?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 1:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by skyzy88
How do you get to be in Avis First? According to the website, it says 12 rentals or 35 days in a calendar year.

I've more than met that criteria with about 20 rentals and 100 days (or more). When I called, they said it's by invitation only to those who have met the criteria. I said "I've met the criteria." And they couldn't help me any further. Does anyone have a number for them or any further information on this?
Try going to avisfirst.com and see if it will let you set up an account. You might already be active, but you need to visit that site to start the free rental accruals.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by elmococker
Have a look for the AMX Centurion Card. It costs something like $1800 per year and you have to spend $250,000 or more to get an invite.
Well the fee for a cent card is much more then 1800.00 per year. Its 5K the first year and 2.5K every year after. No one really knows how much you have to spend to be invited for the card.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
I will second Gleff that CHM is great but the real question is how do I get into the Silver Diner Blue Plate Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.