Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis status levels?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
It's $5 off every 5th dine at a Silver Diner!

But they don't offer pickup and dropoff service, and no upgrade to the best available ice cream sundae, either.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
Originally Posted by AustinFlyer76
Is there a tier system out there.

Thanks!
From a reply from AVIS Customer Support...

"We certainly can assist you with this inquiry. There are 4 levels of
programs for our frequent renters. These are Wizard, Preferred, Avis
First and Presidents Club. Technically you are at the top level as the
Presidents Club status is by invitation only and open to president's of
corporations. The Avis First program is not secret however again is by
invitation only with frequency of renting."

Doesn't mention anything about the Chairman's club, but how many are really out there? HA!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Uh, huh? Wizard is a level? Man, I'm ok with Avis for their onsite stuff, but every experience but 1 with online customer service has been complete and udder crap.

Ok, after looking at the website, wizard is a level, but looks like its, ahem, worse than Preferred. I look at Preferred as "member" status. I guess Wizard is "sub-member".

Alright, guess it appears Wizard's aren't eligible for Avis First. But love this confusing wording:
"Preferred Service members who complete 12 or more qualifying rentals, or 35 or more qualifying days in a calendar year, automatically get upgraded to Avis First. This invitation only program offers exclusive benefits that no other car rental company offers - like free upgrades, weekends and more!"

Automatically upgraded....by invite only? *sigh* If only NWA had better rental partners and I could stop putting my miles towards Delta.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
corporations.
Incorrect use of apostraphe aside, this statement is simply false. Well, ok, it may be 'open to' Presidents of Corporations (does that mean any President of any corporation?) but is certainly not limited to such!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP,HH Dia, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite,IC RA,Avis CHM
Originally Posted by elmococker
From a reply from AVIS Customer Support...

Doesn't mention anything about the Chairman's club, but how many are really out there? HA!
I for one and my wife who has her own card thru my status...
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
So who has the secret to getting into the Prez or Chairman's club if you're not one? What has it taken to get the invite? Anyone want to volunteer that or maybe how many rentals/days you had before it happened?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Get a CO Presidential Plus mastercard, it will get you that plus PC membership(which means any club PC members, you can access) plus Hyatt Platinum status.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Originally Posted by AustinFlyer76
...Has anyone ever been recognized officially by AVIS for dedicated return service?
I'm a Chairmans Club member -- by invitation -- paying the requested annual fee for the privilege. It allows me to reserve a mid-sized car but drive out with the "car of my choice" (within reason) based on availability at the time of my arrival. I generally call the location the day before or the morning of my arrival to make a specific request (in my case, a Cadillac). Post #14 in this referenced recent thread will add to the topic at hand: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743237

To answer AustinFlyer's question -- "Has anyone ever been recognized officially by AVIS for dedicated return service?" -- Just about each time I return a car to an AVIS facility, in the US and Canada (but not always in Europe because AVIS in Europe are a different entity), the return rep recognizes the small "V" sticker that was placed on my windshield -- and immediately gets someone to drive me with my luggage in the same car back to the terminal departure doors.

By the way, when I show up for a rental, I am greeted usually by the manager with an offering of today's newspaper (local or WSJ), and if I wish, a cup of coffee. For outdoor facilities, the car is always waiting along side the AVIS shack. For inside locations, the car is usually in the first or second slot by the door from the AVIS counter. Do I sound "spoiled"? You bet your bippy.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:39 am

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Originally Posted by bonoman
So who has the secret to getting into the Prez or Chairman's club if you're not one? What has it taken to get the invite? Anyone want to volunteer that or maybe how many rentals/days you had before it happened?
I dont know about Avis, but with Hertz their Platinum status (equivalent to Chairmans) is available to CEO, CFO, Etc... of a company that does an annual business of >$200k with Hertz
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by elmococker
"We certainly can assist you with this inquiry. There are 4 levels of
programs for our frequent renters. These are Wizard, Preferred, Avis
First and Presidents Club. Technically you are at the top level as the
corporations. The Avis First program is not secret however again is by
invitation only with frequency of renting."

So there are 4 levels of status. However, does anyone have details of the differences between the 4 levels? I went to avis.com and clicked through almost every page and could not find anything. I even tried google. It would be great to post the details on a sticky at the top of this forum.

Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:48 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Originally Posted by anamaniac
So there are 4 levels of status. However, does anyone have details of the differences between the 4 levels? I went to avis.com and clicked through almost every page and could not find anything. I even tried google. It would be great to post the details on a sticky at the top of this forum.

Thanks.
This is what I could get from avis.com and other posts around FT. Hope it helps.

Preferred ~ Entry Level

* You won't have to tell us your rental preferences every time you reserve -- we'll already have them on file.
* When you arrive at Avis, you can skip the lines and the paperwork and go straight to your car at over 1,400 locations worldwide.
* Our courtesy bus will drop you off by one of our newest cars, or you'll find it in a convenient parking space.
* When you enroll in Preferred Service online, you will also enjoy automatic enrollment in My Avis -- the personal service dedicated to enhancing your online Avis experience.

First ~ 12 or more qualifying rentals, or 35 or more qualifying days in a calendar year

* Continued access to Avis Preferred Service – skip the lines and go directly to your vehicle
* Free weekends upon invitation and membership activation
* Free weekend rentals of time and mileage can be earned with every third qualifying rental (each rental must have a minimum of 2 consecutive paid rental days). See reward fulfillment email for full terms and conditions.
* Free one-car class upgrades when available
* Dedicated reservation line and customer care
* Members-only Web site to view rental activity, rewards and special offers

President's Club ~ By invitation or with certain credit cards (Amex Cent, Continental Presidential Plus MasterCard, others?)

* Guaranteed car availability (will set up reservation for you even if sold-out)
* Two car class upgrade (based on availability)
* Car is ready up front and ready to go
* Savings on international rentals
* Members-only reservation line
* Can be member of both Avis First and President's Club, and thus earn free weekend rentals

Chairman's Club ~ Invitation only (plus possibility of an annual fee (eg.: with Amex Plat card - $350 fee, but with Amex Cent card - no fee))

* Guaranteed car availability (no reservation required, can just walk up to a counter and get a car)
* Can ask a Avis rep to meet you at the arrival doors so you can get in and drive off.
* Guaranteed three car class upgrade (?) OR best available car when booking mid-size or larger (excludes specialty vehicles)
* Pay market rate (or lower) for gas, so no need to refill before returning
* Vehicle delivery - Avis will bring you a car within 20 miles of an Avis location
* An Avis rep will drive you back to your departure gate when returning your car
* Dedicated Chairman's Club CSR desk
* Can NOT be member of both Avis First and Chairman's Club, thus can NOT earn free weekend rentals

Last edited by THE soni; Dec 6, 2007 at 12:17 am Reason: Added/Corrected information from gleff and N9MD
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Corrections on CHM status

Annual fee does not apply to all Chairmans members. The fee and broadened invitation was new several months ago. Certainly no fee for Chairman members via programs like MarquisJet.

Upgrade is to best available car when you book a midsize or larger, excluding certain specialty vehicles like Hummer and Volvo.

When I take the bus from the terminal, the manager meets me at my vehicle.. trunk open.. and takes my bags. Sometimes there's an embarassing sign, "Avis Welcomes gleff" when I arrive.

I pay market rate for gas (sometimes a few cents under) so I don't need to refill the tank. This is an unpublished benefit.

Vehicle delivery, they'll bring you a car anywhere within 20 miles of an Avis location.

Dedicated CHM CSR desk, answered on the first ring.

The guaranteed reservation thing is better for CHM than for Presidents. With Presidents you actually do need to make a reservation, you call Avis and they set up the reservation on the spot even when the location is sold out. CHM can simply walk up to an Avis counter and be given a car, no reservation required.

CHM members do not get AvisFirst free weekend rentals.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 9:29 am

Great info gleff & soni. Would it be possible for the moderator to post this info as a sticky?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA1P, IHC/PC-Plat
Originally Posted by wizzy
Try going to avisfirst.com and see if it will let you set up an account. You might already be active, but you need to visit that site to start the free rental accruals.
I tried doing that first, but it said I was not qualified. That's when I called in and asked about my qualifications, which shows I clearly met the criteria. The CSR couldn't help at all and didn't know anything about it except to say "it's by invitation only once you meet the criteria" over and over again.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
To all of the Chairman Club Members out there, thank you for your replys.

What exactly does the "any car on the lot...within reason" disclaimer mean? It sounds alot like the last line of everybody's job title.."and other duties as assigned"

Also, I have not seen anything much better than a Caddy on any lot I've been to. Granted that they are mostly in the states, but have you gotten anything better than a Caddy or a Hummer. I'm a lowly Avis First and I get upgraded to a Caddy quite often and a few times to a H3 from a fullsize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.