Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:18 am

For JeremyG5, I'm renting w/ Avis via LAX on almost the exact dates as you, but wasn't able to get such a great rate. Any chance of you divulging how you were able to get it for such a low price?

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im looking to rent from PHL for 19 days.

01-Jan-2015
19-Jan-2015

Least i get for standard is around $1200. Need your valuable suggestion and help.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:17 pm

Google and FT searches were fruitless; does anyone know the company that owns code A603800, it gives a terrific rate in December.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors
Google and FT searches were fruitless; does anyone know the company that owns code A603800, it gives a terrific rate in December.
Belongs to a company called Capgemini. Renters are rarely asked for ID, but be aware it could happen. Officially, the code is supposed to be for Capgemini business purposes only. I don't recommend Avis Preferred customers use this code.

The rate includes LDW, which may increase the chances you'll be asked for some sort of employee ID. Try like heck not to get into an accident if you use this code!

Shoutout to chrisdeaner for the info on this code

Last edited by flightexpert; Nov 24, 2014 at 5:52 am
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:27 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Vinodhkj
Hi Everyone,

Im looking to rent from PHL for 19 days.

01-Jan-2015
19-Jan-2015

Least i get for standard is around $1200. Need your valuable suggestion and help.
Try the Costco or AAA codes. I was able to get it to $1043 with these and without any coupons.

Other suggestions:
-Break it into multiple week-long reservations. Avis.com has a public code for $25 off a weekly reservation that you can use 2x if you break it up.
-Take a taxi & pickup off airport. In my above quote, it's $357 in taxes! A good portion of these can be avoided if you don't pickup at PHL.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:40 pm

Not sure if its just me

When i login using my avis first account and try with few BCD and coupon codes given here the rates just doubles.
When when i use the same code without logging in its much cheaper.

I would prefer the select and go service without going through the counter, but seems for half the rate i have no other choice

Can i add the reservation back to my account after i complete the rental?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:42 pm

Unhappy

Not sure if its just me

When i login using my avis first account and try with few BCD and coupon codes given here the rates just doubles.

I would prefer the select and go service without going through the counter, but seems for half the rate i have no other choice

For eg.) for 19 days in PHL i get 530 + tax for Full size without logging into my avis first account

I get 1300 for full size if i login using my avis first

Note: I use the same AWD and coupon code on both occasions.

Not sure what am i doing it wrong
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:50 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

For eg.) for 19 days in PHL i get 530 + tax for Full size without logging into my avis first account

I get 1300 for full size if i login using my avis first

Note: I use the same AWD and coupon code on both occasions.

Not sure what am i doing it wrong
Do a search in this forum. Its a known situation. Its because you have an AWD tied to your profile and its forcing it on your reservations. Obviously, on this rental, the AWD is a bad deal. But maybe it includes LDW or other features?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I've seen this before. I have just removed the AWS that is linked to my profile and that USUALLY clears things up, but sometimes it does come out a few bucks more, not really sure why. If you have FF miles setup, THAT can cause a pricing increase (you do pay something for those miles) I just credit to Avis at this point regardless.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avis President's Club
AVIS UK Codes

Hi,

Can someone help point me in the right direction for AVIS UK discount codes please?

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:41 pm

Not sure if its just me

Yes You Can!

As long as a customer service agent can find your name on the rental agreement, you should be able to email them the RA number and request it to be added to your profile. Worked for me!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<removed>

Last edited by tmm1012; Nov 21, 2021 at 1:48 pm Reason: Added Car Type
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Send it to autoslash and let them work on it. Doesn't cost a thing.

and what sort of car is this?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by flightexpert
For Sears customers (nothing about ID in the T&C):

Up to 30% off - AWD number D302003
$30 off 5+ day rental - AWD number D302003 and coupon code MUWA029
Free weekend day - AWD number D302003 and coupon code TUEA004
Free upgrade - AWD number D302003 and coupon code UUFA018

More Avis AWD numbers and coupon codes
Does anyone know if it's possible to combine free weekend day codes? I need a car Friday through Monday, and I have a free 2-day weekend rental certificate as a Preferred member. Can I "add" the one above to get 3 free rental days? Perhaps make 2 back to back reservations?

(Alternatively: I need to rent a car for about 52 hours, mid-Friday to late Sunday. This pushes me into the "3 day" range. If anyone has any tips on how to shave off that third "day," I'd appreciate it!)
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by crimson12
Does anyone know if it's possible to combine free weekend day codes? I need a car Friday through Monday, and I have a free 2-day weekend rental certificate as a Preferred member. Can I "add" the one above to get 3 free rental days? Perhaps make 2 back to back reservations?

(Alternatively: I need to rent a car for about 52 hours, mid-Friday to late Sunday. This pushes me into the "3 day" range. If anyone has any tips on how to shave off that third "day," I'd appreciate it!)
Nearly all "free weekend day" coupons, like the one for Sears customers you referenced, require you to pay for at least 2 days rental in order to receive the free day.

I don't know of a coupon or AWD number that will give you free days without payment except for the Preferred certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.