Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:50 pm

Lightbulb 10 Days rental from Chicago

Hey Guys, Im a new member here. I have been a big fan of this forum and truly appreciates all the great work you been doing.

Need a help with a 10 days rental from Chicago suburs

I would like to get a premium or luxury car for my 10 day trip

The lowest i find for premium is around 400 and luxury is 200 extra.'

Im a Avis preferred member too but not sure if that matters while renting from a non airport location.

Please help me with your suggestion.

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Sure, you can post the link. Please note the T&C page has some info on posting links to external sites. Mainly, for your site, "Do not post repeatedly in a manner that has the effect or purpose of driving traffic to a blog or website."

Also note that I edited a few of your above posts to delete "Unknown" AWDs. We've had too many people posting "Try this AWD because it works great." But it's just their corporate code where they're trying to get inflated rental #s. As noted in the wiki at the top of this thread, all AWDs must list the associated corporation/group/etc.
Great, thanks IAHtraveler.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Vinodhkj
Hey Guys, Im a new member here. I have been a big fan of this forum and truly appreciates all the great work you been doing.

Need a help with a 10 days rental from Chicago suburs

I would like to get a premium or luxury car for my 10 day trip

The lowest i find for premium is around 400 and luxury is 200 extra.'

Im a Avis preferred member too but not sure if that matters while renting from a non airport location.

Please help me with your suggestion.

Thanks
Try this: AWD H855900 - save up to 20% at non-airport locations, combined with:
Coupon UUWA055 - free upgrade (max upgrade is to premium car group)

These may also work:
Coupon MUWA006 - $25 off weekly rental (5+ days)
Coupon TUWA045 - free day with weekly rental

Also, do you belong to any frequent flyer programs? Avis is offering 35% off discount specials for several airlines through the end of August

Citibank, Farmers, and others have some pretty good discounts with Avis - there is a list on page 226 of this thread
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:01 am

Here is a big list of:
- current Avis bonus mile offers for US and Canada airlines
- all (I think, anyway) Avis airline partners and their current offers, including AWD numbers for different status levels

http://www.theflightexpert.com/avis-...les-awd-codes/

I try my best to keep the list updated at all times - if you notice anything that needs correction, needs to be added, etc., please let me know, either through the comments or contact form on my site or here on FT.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Looking for a better rate than what I have at the moment, and it's last minute:
  • Pick Up Date: 7/16/2014 @ 9:00 A.M.
  • Drop Off Date: 7/19/2014 @ 4:00 P.M.
  • Pick Up Location: DFW Airport
  • Drop Off Location: DFW Airport
  • Car Class Rented: Premium
  • AWD: A191000
  • Coupon: None
  • Rate Code: PD
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by flightexpert
Try this: AWD H855900 - save up to 20% at non-airport locations, combined with:
Coupon UUWA055 - free upgrade (max upgrade is to premium car group)

These may also work:
Coupon MUWA006 - $25 off weekly rental (5+ days)
Coupon TUWA045 - free day with weekly rental

Also, do you belong to any frequent flyer programs? Avis is offering 35% off discount specials for several airlines through the end of August

Citibank, Farmers, and others have some pretty good discounts with Avis - there is a list on page 226 of this thread
Hi, Thanks.

I tried using the above codes and it increases the rates than i already have. I also noticed in my profile that it shows me as AVIS First. Does that mean i will get an upgrade automatically. To get a premium i can just reserver a full size?

The current rates shows the fullsize is 280$ for 10 days (18th Jul to 28th July) non airport.
Premium is 350$

Few days before i was able to find this at 220$ for a full size and the rates have now gone up.

Need your help guys.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 pm

I tried using the above codes and it increases the rates than i already have.
Sorry the codes did not work for you. What is your rental location and rental dates? Maybe someone can help you using this information.

I also noticed in my profile that it shows me as AVIS First.
Then, unless I'm mistaken, you are already being shown invitation-only rates. I doubt there's a code you can use to get cheaper than that.

Does that mean i will get an upgrade automatically. To get a premium i can just reserver a full size?
You do get a free upgrade with Avis First. They're supposed to upgrade you automatically (when available), but in my experience you might want to call them, either to make a reservation or to confirm the upgrade after reserving online. Dedicated toll free number 800-331-1200 (US only) for Avis First customers

Avis First Benefits
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:36 pm

Sorry the codes did not work for you. What is your rental location and rental dates? Maybe someone can help you using this information.

Then, unless I'm mistaken, you are already being shown invitation-only rates. I doubt there's a code you can use to get cheaper than that.

You do get a free upgrade with Avis First. They're supposed to upgrade you automatically (when available), but in my experience you might want to call them, either to make a reservation or to confirm the upgrade after reserving online. Dedicated toll free number 800-331-1200 (US only) for Avis First customers

Avis First Benefits
Thanks for the response. I will be really grateful if someone can find a better deal for me

Dates: 18th Jul - 28th Jul
Car type: Premium, preferrable Luxury(due to 10 days trip

Though my profile shows Avis first in avis site, my login doesnt work in Avis first site. So im not sure if i will get an upgrade.

Also i was using Costco codes to reserve, and it was showing me the same rate even with my avis login and without login, so not sure if i get any special rates for AVIS FIRST.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 9:16 pm

Sorry, but anything for off-airport France? I'm going to need to make a last minute booking soon.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:08 am

Avis First Benefits

I have booked a reservation, dint prepay for it though. Will try calling the toll free sometime today.
Hopefully i get upgraded to a premium. crossing fingers. Went through few threads on AVIS First and there was no upgrade by default.
Meanwhile checked the Budget it was few bucks lesser than AVIS for fullsize. But i would stick with AVIS considering the AVIS FIRST.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:19 pm

Here's a list of Avis coupon codes and special AWD / coupon code combinations.

These tend to expire, I'll try to keep the list updated. or re-post as necessary. You can combine ("stack") these with AWD numbers. I got a standard car for 7 days for $177 at LAX in July by stacking A074800 (Citibank / Citicorp corporate AWD) with UUWA029 (free upgrade). I paid with a Citibank card and was not asked for any other proof of eligibility for the discount.

Coupon Code Discount
UUWA029 Free upgrade
UUWA055 Free upgrade ***EXPIRED***
MUWA006 $25 off 5+ rental ***EXPIRED***
TUWA045 Free rental day w/ 5+ day rental
MUWA192 Free day of GPS w/ 5+ day rental
J046300 Save up to 25% on weekly US / Canada reservations made from int’l locations
MUWA236 Save $5 on 1-day weekend rental
MUWA237 Save $10 on 2-day weekend rental
MUWA238 Save $15 on 3-day weekend rental
MUWA239 Save $20 on 4-day weekend rental
MUWA073 Save $50 on monthly rental
TUHA019 Best Western Rewards - free weekend day plus 750 bonus points
UPDA029 Free double upgrade in Australia
TPPA007 6th day free in Australia
UPPA067 Free single upgrade in Australia

Here are some special combinations (use both AWD number and coupon code):
AWD Number Coupon Code Result
A382900 UUEA010 Pay with MasterCard - free upgrade and save up to 20%
Q336600 UUCA011 Pay with Discover Card - free upgrade and save up to 25%
Q336600 TUCA013 Pay with Discover Card - free rental day and save up to 25%
A359807 MUGA048 AARP discount - save $15 on 2-day weekend rental

More information about each code (restrictions, etc.):
http://www.theflightexpert.com/avis-...upon-discount/

Last edited by flightexpert; Jul 20, 2014 at 10:11 am Reason: updated list
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by dc2447
how does this work?
I found out you can use code UPDA029 or other codes in the list to reserve cars from multiple countries, not just the US.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I found out you can use code UPDA029 or other codes in the list to reserve cars from multiple countries, not just the US.
I meant, how do you stack codes? I want to use the queensland govt awd on my next trip to AU but would also love to use an additional code for upgrade?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by dc2447
I meant, how do you stack codes? I want to use the queensland govt awd on my next trip to AU but would also love to use an additional code for upgrade?
On the Avis website, check the box "I have a discount code", then you will see three fields: AWD Number, Coupon Code, and Rate Code. Enter your Queensland gov't AWD in the AWD number field and enter UPDA029 (double upgrade) or UPPA067 (single upgrade) in the coupon code field, then proceed with your search as normal.

Not all AWD numbers work with all coupon codes. This is also dependent on your rental location and dates. Sometimes you have to play around with different combinations for awhile to find the best deal.

If you are trying to find the best rate through multiple searches using multiple AWD numbers and coupon codes, clear the cookies in your browser between searches - you'll be amazed at the difference this can sometimes make.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I never had any luck calling the location up front for car selection.

They never pick up the phone and would only forward you to the main reservation line/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.