Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No unlimited mileage / kilometers (CPH rental)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yst
I'm able to get unlimited km for rentals at CPH that are less then 4 weeks long (no corp code, not logged in). For anything longer it is indeed 75km / day. Do you get limited km even if you try to book the same dates as in the screenshot above? I see you wrote that you tried 1 week long reservation, but maybe there are still something like blackout dates.
I'm playing around with it (not logged in) and, sure enough, I was able to get a one week rental this month with unlimited mileage. I then tried my real arrival date for one week, and it also showed me unlimited mileage. Hurray - making progress!

Then I changed it to three weeks - still not logged in - and got the message "The Rate Code you entered is not applicable for the maximum length of this rental." However, I had not entered any rate code nor was I logged in. Reduced to two weeks, still not applicable.

Changed the car type and was able to get two weeks with unlimited km, but the rate is significantly higher than my existing reservation with the limits.

More playing around and I was able to get the first 4 weeks of my dates, unlimited km, lower car category than originally reserved, for a rate that is higher than the one I had with limited km, but reasonable given the unlimited km, so I reserved that. Then I began a new reservation for the last 2 weeks, got unlimited km, but the rate for those 2 weeks is 70% higher than the first 4 weeks! Which brings the total for the two reservations added together to more than double the price of my original reservation for a lower car category. And brings it closer to the Hertz rate with unlimited km that I can get for the entire 6 weeks in a single reservation.

I tried to modify the reservation I made for the 4 weeks with unlimited km to my full dates, hoping the unlimited km would stick. I was able to do that and get a good rate, but it kicked it back to the 75/km day limit.

At least this exercise has given me my answer - it seems the rental duration is the trigger and I don't know why when I tried the lower durations previously that I was unable to get the unlimited km, but it was likely cookies or some hidden code attached to my query.

Thanks to everyone for the help here. I've got a couple reservations in the system and am also monitoring with AutoSlash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.