Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Wants to Know...Human or Bot??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Avis Wants to Know...Human or Bot??

Today, upon starting a reservation via avis.com, I encountered a pop-up with a Press & Hold on-screen button to confirm I'm a human and not a bot.

Anyone receive anything similar today or recently?

Having recently taken my corporate IT education, I'm wary so I closed the avis.com browser until it is confirmed here on FT by us users (or by Avis lurker) that this is legit...

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:16 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I just went through trying to make a reservation both logged in and not, and didn't get that pop-up. I was using Chrome and went to the last step, without clicking the last step to reserve the car.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:32 pm

It's legit. I get the same thing every time I visit the DigiKey website (electronics supplier) using Firefox. I have a browser add-on that DigiKey doesn't like- still haven't figured out which one it is yet.

Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What if one is unsure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.