Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS using 3rd party GPS tracker

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:12 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

My apologies; I totally overlooked your "purchased" statement. You can have a good mechanic go through the car to look for a tracker (or do so yourself and pull it out), but back to my original question: what would it matter if they did leave one in there somewhere and knew where the car was?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: Na
I have a great reason but don’t intend to have it part of the internet world forever. I just want to know if there is a tracker and if so, I want it gone.

If there is a need to know, I will respond privately. As a mod, I presume you have access to my email addy.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 5:02 am

It's unlikely they installed a tracker because they don't need to. Most vehicles today come equipped with XM/Sirius, OnStar (or equivalent), onboard NAV, WiFi, or any combination thereof. If need be, the car could be tracked through any of those technologies which are not easily removable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.