Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Miles from Avis

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Missing Miles from Avis

Hi,

How long does it take for miles to be credited into one's FFP after a car rental?

I made a reservation with Avis when they had a promotion which offered 5000 Qmiles. My base miles for the rental has not been credited however, and it has been about 8 weeks. I returned the car on 8 Nov 17. Tried to claim missing miles via "http://www.avisworld.com/avisonline/eu-gb/avis.nsf/c/missing_miles", but website keeps insisting that my rental agreement number is incorrect. I am however able to view my reservation on "https://www.avis.com/en/reservation/view-modify-cancel" though. I've also tried "https://www.avis.com/car-rental/content/requestMilesPoint.ac" but the page doesn't load once you click "find rental".

Thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:40 am

I booked a car under the same promotion.It has been 6 weeks for me waiting to credit to BA avios. No avios for the rental and no 5000 bonus.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
I haven't used the QR promotion but have used similar promotions with Avis/Iberia regularly (~5x/year). I have never had a problem until December 2017. Since then I've had an Iberia promotion credit base miles plus the wrong number of bonus miles. I've also had an Avis/Emirates promotion only credit the base miles.

If the missing miles claim isn't working on the Avis website did you try claiming the missing miles through Qatar instead?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AC 75K
I had a similar issue when trying to claim Aeroplan miles from a promotion back in November 2016. Only about a third of the correct number of miles had posted after a couple of months, at which point I contacted Avis through their social media e-mail account. They were responsive, but not very helpful. Over several months (I was persistent) I was told:

1. No, the miles hadn't posted yet, but they would and I should keep waiting;
2. Yes, the miles had posted, and they considered the issue closed;
3. No, the miles hadn't posted but that was because I was ineligible for the promotion;
4. Yes, the miles had posted, but if I could send screenshots of my Aeroplan statement they'd double-check.

I sent the screenshots in September and never heard back, but then about a month later an "Avis Courtesy" entry showed up in my Aeroplan account - they had credited the missing miles and some extra on top of it. So it only took 11 months post-rental to get it sorted. All other bonus promotions while this was going on, and since, have been fine.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
... If the missing miles claim isn't working on the Avis website did you try claiming the missing miles through Qatar instead?
Hi, I did, and this was the reply that Qatar gave me

"The Qmiles that you earn with our partners are credited to your account once we receive an update from that respective partner which is sent to us on a monthly basis. We are unable to manually credit the Qmiles for your rental agreement activity without receiving an update from Avis. However, you can contact Avis directly and advise them to add the details of your activity in their next update to us, so we can credit your account accordingly."

Their reply was in spite of me providing them with an email confirming my Avis rental.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allizdog
... at which point I contacted Avis through their social media e-mail account...
What is this social media e-mail that you speak of? Maybe I should give that a shot...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by hairhooks
What is this social media e-mail that you speak of? Maybe I should give that a shot...
[email protected]
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:47 pm

I often find that the base miles are credited almost immediately (1-2 weeks top) and any bonuses takes 2-3 months, at first I was "worried", now I'm just waiting patiently as contacting their customer service about it is mostly useless
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have simply ceased doing business with Avis-Budget, mainly because of extra spurious charges after each recent rental but also because bonus miles are almost never posted in these promotions. It took me very little time to work out that the time and energy wasted on chasing it up far outweighed any value gained from the promotions.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Concerto
I have simply ceased doing business with Avis-Budget, mainly because of extra spurious charges after each recent rental but also because bonus miles are almost never posted in these promotions. It took me very little time to work out that the time and energy wasted on chasing it up far outweighed any value gained from the promotions.
This.

Honestly, why do they bother running these promotions then continually disappoint customers ? It's one of the main reasons I switched to Hertz !!

I did get suckered back in over one weekend last December though when Iberia were offering 2 stackable bonuses of 14500 Avios in total... of which I have seen 100 so far LOL.

Still, the 8 weeks are not quite up and my claim email is drafted and ready to send, so here's hoping it will be the same experience I have had EVERY.SINGLE.TIME...

- Hire, following promo rules to the letter
- Wait 8 weeks (or however long), get no Avios
- Email to Iberia
- Wait another 8 weeks (record is acutally 12 !)
- Get slightly fewer than expected but am so worn down I suck it up and move on....
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I've just wasted 10 minutes that I'll never get back looking for the place on the Avis site to request missing miles.

I can't find it, it shouldn't be that difficult

can someone give me a quick link or at least path so I can find it myself

thanks
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:13 am
Original Poster

you could try this link

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/cont...tMilesPoint.ac
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Just an update, a customer care representative finally got back to me after at least two months and the miles have been credited into my account! Now time to chase Qatar to honor the 5000 bonus miles...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:44 am

Just made my claim with BA for missing Avios for the pre Christmas promotion. I wonder what will happen next.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by hairhooks

thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.