Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:37 pm

Thanks, yeah, there were two seats available, otherwise I wouldn’t have had United hold one. The thought behind it was that if it truly was phantom space United wouldn’t be able to hold it. Then I’d just be able to use Lifemiles to book the remaining seat and let the United hold lapse. Per a twitter user, no Lifemiles bookings on Ethiopian are going through and the error kicks in before getting a locator, so that’s the issue. Still a mess, but makes more sense now.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:47 pm

Air Canada Express flights cannot be booked with LM only mainline Air Canada metal.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Air Canada Express flights cannot be booked with LM only mainline Air Canada metal.
Air Canada Rouge can be booked via LifeMiles
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
This is incorrect. I am seeing plenty of availability on AC Express from YTZ to YUL for 6,000 miles plus USD $24.60.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 2:57 pm

I still see nothing on LifeMiles when I search in safari. I just see Avianca space
Old Aug 8, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
I still see nothing on LifeMiles when I search in safari. I just see Avianca space
Have you tried not using Smart Search?
Global321 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:41 pm

I was finally able to access the lifemiles site using Firefox (unable to with Safari or Chrome). With Firefox, on some days I can get as far as selecting flights and finding out whether there's availability but on other days, once I select dates, I just get jumping dots. I haven't followed through with trying to book the fights as I'm still planning the trip and Avianca charges for making changes to or canceling LifeMiles flights. I have noticed that I get the same fares in some cases regardless of whether there's a blue line on the date.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:51 am

I realize this thread is from last month but I'm still having the same issues. I've been trying to log into my LifeMiles account for over a week. Sometimes I get far enough in to click the "travel" button before I get the error notice. Other times I get the error notice before I can even log in. I've tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox. I literally just downloaded FireFox after reading through this post, and I got the error response as soon as I clicked to log in. I thought it was just a problem with my account but apparently not. I have about 40,000 LM left that I need to book before they expire and I cannot get on to even search any kind of availably. Has anyone ever figured out a work-around?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by tdbates78
I realize this thread is from last month but I'm still having the same issues. I've been trying to log into my LifeMiles account for over a week. Sometimes I get far enough in to click the "travel" button before I get the error notice. Other times I get the error notice before I can even log in. I've tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox. I literally just downloaded FireFox after reading through this post, and I got the error response as soon as I clicked to log in. I thought it was just a problem with my account but apparently not. I have about 40,000 LM left that I need to book before they expire and I cannot get on to even search any kind of availably. Has anyone ever figured out a work-around?
It's working for me since mid August. Have you tried on your phone? I just booked a ticket a few days ago without issue.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
It's working for me since mid August. Have you tried on your phone? I just booked a ticket a few days ago without issue.
Yes, I get the same error message on the app with my phone. It's so frustrating!
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:22 pm

For what it's worth, manual ticketing for Ethiopian reservations have not been going through also in the past 2 weeks too. Agent confirmed they are having issues with Ethiopian awards all around. Best not to bank on any Ethiopian bookings using LM for a while...
Old Sep 17, 2023, 3:31 am

Ethiopian issues still persist with LM. Unbelievable. I have been trying to book some flights since July. A ton of availability shows up. Impossible to book. When will someone finally fix this issue.... lack of competence on behalf of LM is astounding, but nothing new at the same time. I will leave this program as soon as I spend my remaining miles.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by pete_ncl
Ethiopian issues still persist with LM. Unbelievable. I have been trying to book some flights since July. A ton of availability shows up. Impossible to book. When will someone finally fix this issue.... lack of competence on behalf of LM is astounding, but nothing new at the same time. I will leave this program as soon as I spend my remaining miles.
Same. Once I use the miles I have remaining in my account I'm avoiding LM. It's not worth the headache. I still can't even get onto the Lifemiles website to search for flights unless I completely log off of any WIFI connection. It's bizarre.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:04 am

Yaa this is the death of LM for me... 240k sitting un-useable in two accounts...nothing except the dots when using FF, Edge, Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi...might complain to CFPB about unusable miles sold via their US partner (yk Banco PR card) but first I want my prepurchase fraud-inactive USB VGC replaced....
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Today I tried to buy some AV LM to keep my account active due to the fact that I have no more trips this year with any Star Alliance partner. A few weeks ago, I received an email stating that I could buy 1000 miles for just $12.99 instead of the normal $33. I clicked the link and got that famous ERROR notice. I will try again later this week but I am getting tired of AV's poor website and IT. I may just join UA's program if this crap continues and once I can redeem my final LM.

I continue to read that AV is one of the best programs in the Star Alliance, but I wonder how can that be since their website is completely horrible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.