Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
To add to the website experience anecdotes, I have found on my personal laptop (Win 10, Edge / Chrome) I can log in and go to travel and then it just keeps spinning never even loading the flight search (of late). However, on my corporate laptop (Win 11, also Edge / Chrome) it works fine and I can get search results and all and do it over multiple times. It even goes to passenger details where I stop as I don't need to book at the moment.

My only guess is that my personal laptop has a different security suite (Bitdefender) and possibly more restrictive anti-tracking settings than my corporate machine and something in those settings / features prevents LM site to execute some Java Script or or who knows what and then gets stuck. I tried turning off some of those features in my Bitdefender and also allow tracking and such via Edge / Chrome, but to no avail yet. Nothing scientific, just an observation. Ahh, the joys of LM. YMMV.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by pete_ncl
Ethiopian issues still persist with LM. Unbelievable. I have been trying to book some flights since July. A ton of availability shows up. Impossible to book. When will someone finally fix this issue.... lack of competence on behalf of LM is astounding, but nothing new at the same time. I will leave this program as soon as I spend my remaining miles.
I don't look at the Ethiopian Airline options. 30+ hours in the hands of Ethiopian Airlines isn't a good option. I have flow itineraries in excess of 30 hours but a layover of 4+ hours is mixed into the itinerary for a walk and a shower. No such break with Ethiopian Airlines 30+ hour itineraries. Impossible to book is a good thing in my opinion.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
I don't look at the Ethiopian Airline options. 30+ hours in the hands of Ethiopian Airlines isn't a good option. I have flow itineraries in excess of 30 hours but a layover of 4+ hours is mixed into the itinerary for a walk and a shower. No such break with Ethiopian Airlines 30+ hour itineraries. Impossible to book is a good thing in my opinion.
That's great. There are people though who are of different opinion
pandaperth likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Aeroplan
One more anecdote: couldn't get past three dots on either Chrome or Edge for Windows, but made it through to availability calendar on Chrome for Android. Can't tell you anything more, since there was no award availability for my search. Note that it's been 2 months since the original post in this thread. That's some crackerjack IT right there.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
It's working for me since mid August. Have you tried on your phone? I just booked a ticket a few days ago without issue.
I also bought a ticket (UA 260 from IAD to MAD) in mid August using LifeMiles. I encountered no difficulty. The ticket was bought on August 11 for a flight that occurred on September 24.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Logging in with LM username and password seems a challenge again - at last at the moment. Error messages, forever loading pages etc. I can eventually log in, but all very "flaky" and many tries needed. Then when one wants to select "Travel" the ugly E6 error rears its head again plus something with E 0-999 or so and all that, fun stuff. Reloading a page multiple time may eventually succeed, but erratic at best. Hope it will sort itself out as no transaction seems "smoothly" possible (not even by LM standards ), not flight search, not even miles buying or so.

Last edited by demue; Oct 1, 2023 at 11:09 pm
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by demue
Logging in with LM username and password seems a challenge again - at last at the moment. Error messages, forever loading pages etc. I can eventually log in, but all very "flaky" and many tries needed. Then when one wants to select "Travel" the ugly E6 error rears its head again plus something with E 0-999 or so and all that, fun stuff. Reloading a page multiple time may eventually succeed, but erratic at best. Hope it will sort itself out as no transaction seems "smoothly" possible (not even by LM standards ), not flight search, not even miles buying or so.
Sounds like a new "promotion" is out or on its way
demue likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:18 am

Yesterday, for the first time since I started trying to access the LM site over a month ago, I was finally able to get on and successfully search. But only on Firefox and after being forced to change my password. I can also sometimes search on the app but only if I log off of any wifi network. I still can't get on with Chrome or Edge. Its truly bizarre. I've never had so many problems with a website.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:22 pm

Ethiopian issues still persist with LM. Unbelievable. I have been trying to book some flights since July. A ton of availability shows up. Impossible to book. When will someone finally fix this issue.... lack of competence on behalf of LM is astounding, but nothing new at the same time. I will leave this program as soon as I spend my remaining miles.
It's not an LM problem. It's an ET problem. Flights with ET have errors in all programs. Tap Miles&Go its the same.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by anadelvaux
It's not an LM problem. It's an ET problem. Flights with ET have errors in all programs. Tap Miles&Go its the same.
I don't subscribe to that. United and Krisflyer work just fine.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:50 pm

To keep the data points flowing, the headaches continue as shouldn't surprise anyone.

On the positive side, at the moment at least (), I can log in rather "smoothly" for LM standards and make it to the Travel selection and even execute award flight searches (Smart search / Carrier specific search). That is where the good ends.

As not uncommon, smart search is rather "dumb" and can not find any itineraries (a route within SE Asia, simple one), but going to carrier specific search yields some reasonable availability in the future. Not awesome, but workable and I verified the availability via the carriers own FFP and it matches at least. Selecting desired flights is possible and I can even enter emergency contact, select the passengers (both preregistered profiles) and then move to the payments page where I select all miles (also have a preregistered credit card that worked many times before) and voila, the dreaded error 2.1xxxxx strikes with consistency. No dice so far after probably 30-40 tries at various times.

Interestingly, the availability never reduces (e.g. one flight shows 4 seats and I'm trying for 2) meaning it must fail even before grabbing the seats and generating a PNR or such as the "inventory" never reduces. No PNR Reference is shown or anything, lovely. Maybe LM is not able to grab / confirm that availability as it is not accessible to them and for LM this is considered "phantom space" that is there but not for them to touch, no idea. Annoying for sure.

Also, I may have missed this, but when did "paying with points and cash" become so unattractive using the crap standard 3.3. US cents per mile for every combo from 1% to 60%? What happened to the ~1.5 US cents or so at 50% mark? Another joke, ahh LM never stops giving (grief) .
marcelduchamp likes this.

Last edited by demue; Oct 22, 2023 at 10:53 pm
Old Oct 23, 2023, 12:23 am

To keep the data points flowing, the headaches continue as shouldn't surprise anyone.

On the positive side, at the moment at least (), I can log in rather "smoothly" for LM standards and make it to the Travel selection and even execute award flight searches (Smart search / Carrier specific search). That is where the good ends.

As not uncommon, smart search is rather "dumb" and can not find any itineraries (a route within SE Asia, simple one), but going to carrier specific search yields some reasonable availability in the future. Not awesome, but workable and I verified the availability via the carriers own FFP and it matches at least. Selecting desired flights is possible and I can even enter emergency contact, select the passengers (both preregistered profiles) and then move to the payments page where I select all miles (also have a preregistered credit card that worked many times before) and voila, the dreaded error 2.1xxxxx strikes with consistency. No dice so far after probably 30-40 tries at various times.

Interestingly, the availability never reduces (e.g. one flight shows 4 seats and I'm trying for 2) meaning it must fail even before grabbing the seats and generating a PNR or such as the "inventory" never reduces. No PNR Reference is shown or anything, lovely. Maybe LM is not able to grab / confirm that availability as it is not accessible to them and for LM this is considered "phantom space" that is there but not for them to touch, no idea. Annoying for sure.

Also, I may have missed this, but when did "paying with points and cash" become so unattractive using the crap standard 3.3. US cents per mile for every combo from 1% to 60%? What happened to the ~1.5 US cents or so at 50% mark? Another joke, ahh LM never stops giving (grief) .
If you don't mind sharing is this with THAI, EVA or another carrier? The issue you are describing is the same issue I have been experiencing with Ethiopian for about 4 months now.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 4:30 am

I got the 2.1 error with Thai a few days ago. AAA-BKK-CCC, there were 2 flights to CCC, picked the other flight and it went through. 6 hours layover instead of 11.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I got the 2.1 error with Thai a few days ago. AAA-BKK-CCC, there were 2 flights to CCC, picked the other flight and it went through. 6 hours layover instead of 11.
Not seeing issues with THAI but only tried 2 itineraries just now. Takes me nicely to the payment page.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 4:35 am

Not seeing issues with THAI but only tried 2 itineraries just now. Takes me nicely to the payment page.
Mine errored out just before payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.