Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
I have tried Chrome, Edge, Safari and Firefox and nothing works.
I tried Chrome, Edge & Brave - nope.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by Global321
I can get as far as the calendar. Then noting but spinning.

I assume no one is having any luck booking awards.
I book three trips since the website stopped working -- Europe, Middle East, and Asia. With the right mix of operating system, browser and connectivity the process does work.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
I book three trips since the website stopped working -- Europe, Middle East, and Asia. With the right mix of operating system, browser and connectivity the process does work.
Can you share the mix that worked for you?
Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: M&M
I'm actually fairly confident that they time you out based on the number of searches but it's implemented in a typical LM fashion (ie completely broken). Up until today I had zero issues using LM with Chrome but now that I went through 3 months worth of availability lo and behold same issue as everyone in the topic.

eta: Edge + VPN works fine for now, Edge w/o VPN nada.
HistoricalFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:38 pm

I have tried all combinations of connections (VPN) and browsers and the only one that worked was Firefox on MAC without VPN. I opened a ticket and they were as useless as always, suggesting that I couldn't search because I didn't have enough miles, which is obviously ridiculous because it's worked before to check if I should transfer miles from my credit card.

I have used LifeMiles for a while and really like the availability and value of the miles but Avianca and Lifemiles have to be the absolute worst Airline/Platform. I am forced to use Avianca a lot to travel to South America because of the price but I have countless stories of endless frustration with them.

Fingers crossed that Firefox doesn't stop working.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Pray tell, which operating system, which browser and which connectivity process!!!! . There should be no secrets amongst us Lifemiles old-timers. Or perhaps you don't want to spill the beans to keep the bloggers stealing the secret and plastering it all over the internet for their own financial benefit, and most likely even without tip hat to you?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Pray tell, which operating system, which browser and which connectivity process!!!! . There should be no secrets amongst us Lifemiles old-timers. Or perhaps you don't want to spill the beans to keep the bloggers stealing the secret and plastering it all over the internet for their own financial benefit, and most likely even without tip hat to you?
In the interest of helping the community, I can report that using Edge ( in SIN) on the fruit phone without VPN worked all the way to ticketing page
Global321 and HistoricalFlyer like this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:47 am

Update this am...
I was able to get it to mostly work with Brave browser from USA. no VPN. (No to Firefox, Chrome or Edge.)
fwiw - for search, I had to go all the way back to the start each time. (clicked on LifeMiles logo each new search vs. just changing departure/arrival/date.)

Why I said mostly... searched, found flights - and got as far as getting a locator, but no way to pay yet. Chat keeps saying I am offline.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:54 am

Worked on Edge and Opera for me (both without VPN) but no luck with Chrome.

Even saw some Business class being offered on TG, LHR-BKK, which went as far as the payment page, but I couldn't proceed any further to see if it was actually ticketed as this was just a test booking.

Last edited by GASUG; Aug 5, 2023 at 4:54 pm Reason: correction
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:02 am

works on firefox
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:27 pm

Lifemiles contact

Hello , So new to this - would you be so kind to share the number you called to manually book your ticket? Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Update this am...
I was able to get it to mostly work with Brave browser from USA. no VPN. (No to Firefox, Chrome or Edge.)
fwiw - for search, I had to go all the way back to the start each time. (clicked on LifeMiles logo each new search vs. just changing departure/arrival/date.)

Why I said mostly... searched, found flights - and got as far as getting a locator, but no way to pay yet. Chat keeps saying I am offline.
Another update...
I was able to get a locator number, but it never took me to the booking screen. Went to chat.
First chat said to call the main number: United States (+001) 800-284-2622, and choose options 2-3-1.

This led to the right place, but a long recording was there and on a loop - no one answered.

Went back to the chat. This time, they asked for my email and phone number.
Someone called the next day (today). Confirmed my information over the phone.
They sent me an email where I entered my cc information.
Ticket confirmed about 5 hours later.

Long (wasteful) process but got to where I needed to be.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:39 am

I'm stuck in a Lifemiles web of incompetence and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I managed to get the Brave browser to work for searching and found an Ethiopian flight with two available seats in October. To avoid chasing phantom space, I confirmed that the flight was available via United, Aeroplan, and Expertflyer. I transferred my AMEX points to Lifemiles and got an error that my request could not be processed before getting to the payment screen. I somehow managed to get through to a Lifemiles agent on the phone yesterday, and he said that it was indeed phantom space, but, knowing that it was highly unlikely that phantom space would show via two other *A carriers and Expertflyer, I called United. Not only could United see it, but they managed to hold the ticket for me for 24 hours. I don't actually have the United miles necessary to book the flight, unfortunately, so I'm hoping to somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat with Lifemiles. Lifemiles even shows that the available tickets went down from 2 to 1 after United held the ticket, so they obviously have access to the inventory, I'm just dealing with layers of incompetence on the part of Lifemiles.

I emailed Lifemiles to see if they could do a manual booking but don't have a ton of faith in the process. I also am going to try and get through to Lifemiles again today in hopes of finding a helpful agent. But, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. If anything, please take this as yet another cautionary tale about Lifemiles.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam314
I'm stuck in a Lifemiles web of incompetence and was wondering if anyone has any advice. I managed to get the Brave browser to work for searching and found an Ethiopian flight with two available seats in October. To avoid chasing phantom space, I confirmed that the flight was available via United, Aeroplan, and Expertflyer. I transferred my AMEX points to Lifemiles and got an error that my request could not be processed before getting to the payment screen. I somehow managed to get through to a Lifemiles agent on the phone yesterday, and he said that it was indeed phantom space, but, knowing that it was highly unlikely that phantom space would show via two other *A carriers and Expertflyer, I called United. Not only could United see it, but they managed to hold the ticket for me for 24 hours. I don't actually have the United miles necessary to book the flight, unfortunately, so I'm hoping to somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat with Lifemiles. Lifemiles even shows that the available tickets went down from 2 to 1 after United held the ticket, so they obviously have access to the inventory, I'm just dealing with layers of incompetence on the part of Lifemiles.

I emailed Lifemiles to see if they could do a manual booking but don't have a ton of faith in the process. I also am going to try and get through to Lifemiles again today in hopes of finding a helpful agent. But, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. If anything, please take this as yet another cautionary tale about Lifemiles.
The inventory (X or I class) indeed may be available, but that doesn't mean LifeMiles will sell it to you. I was trying to book a flight on Air Canada which Aeroplan, United & Aegean showed was available yet LifeMiles insisted was not available. I ended up having to book it through Aeroplan. If the operating carrier is making the saver space available to partners why can't LifeMiles necessarily book it?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
The inventory (X or I class) indeed may be available, but that doesn't mean LifeMiles will sell it to you. I was trying to book a flight on Air Canada which Aeroplan, United & Aegean showed was available yet LifeMiles insisted was not available. I ended up having to book it through Aeroplan. If the operating carrier is making the saver space available to partners why can't LifeMiles necessarily book it?
LM is well know for having less partner inventory than other partners.

Originally Posted by Sam314

Unfortunately, by reserving it with UA, you may have pulled the inventory. Additionally, I have never heard of reserving award space with one airline and using miles from another airline. So I would not consider that part to be LM issue.

In my case, I used their screwed up system to make it work for me... it would not let me get to a payment screen, but it did give me a locator. When I reached out to LM they could indeed see it was held. I would suggest you try again and see if you can get to the point of having a LM locator. From there, you should be able to get it booked.
HistoricalFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.