Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gbongc
Just got off the call with LifeMiles because I wasn't able to get past the three red dots. The agent was able to manually book my itinerary over the phone, but their payment system was down so I now need to wait for Avianca to call me back within 24-72hrs to complete payment before they ticket. They said the flights were already held for me (I already received a PNR).
I did this as well. Today is day 3 (72 hours) and no call back. Last time we went through this round they never called back and the PNR expired.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Anecdotal, but the LifeMiles website doesn't work via the hotel Wi-Fi but does work via ATT hotspot or Google Fiber. LifeMiles award travel search doesn't work via Chrome but does work via FireFox. I have the "three dots" via Chrome but not via FireFox.

The travel sites would appear to be moving forward with new security initiatives. LifeMiles is rolling out two factor authentication. AA prompts me for a code multiple times a day. United times out mid search.

more info...

FireFox and Windows 10 / Windows 11. It would appear Firefox and Apple devices aren't the fix...
IndyHoosier likes this.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Aug 3, 2023 at 10:41 pm
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:51 pm

Brilliant! Firefox worked like a champ. Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, and Opera no workee.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Anecdotal, but the LifeMiles website doesn't work via the hotel Wi-Fi but does work via ATT hotspot. LifeMiles award travel search doesn't work via Chrome but does work via FireFox. I have the "three dots" via Chrome but not via FireFox.
Thank you so much, Firefox worked!
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by idnani
I did this as well. Today is day 3 (72 hours) and no call back. Last time we went through this round they never called back and the PNR expired.
Maybe that is some bad luck? I created my manual phone booking yesterday, and approximately 20hrs later, I received the call back from LifeMiles for the payment.

Edit: my itinerary was ticketed about 1hr after payment

Last edited by gbongc; Aug 2, 2023 at 6:32 pm
Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
LifeMiles award travel search doesn't work via Chrome but does work via FireFox. I have the "three dots" via Chrome but not via FireFox.
Amazing! Thank you so much.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Thank you so much, Firefox worked!
Firefox app not working for me. Same results as chrome
Old Aug 3, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: QFF
No luck with firefox either.
Flights display, but when selected this error pops up.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:01 am

The real technical issue behind the problem is that the flight look-up screen fails with a CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing) error. The fact that Firefox worked is scary. Cross origin scripting is a common way hackers try to get into your system. My advice is to be very very careful and wait for the real fix.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:50 am

I can see the flights on Firefox, but I can't purchase them. When i call in they tell me that the flights are on hold (but not paid for) by other people. I tried a million different flights and dates for next June, and they said the same thing on each one. I know that is an error. I just purchased my outbound flights last week and it went fine. Does this happen often? Should I wait it out a few more days?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Biggest joke in the history of customer service with the airlines.
Site still down, they keep saying "we working on it give us 3 hours".
And the agents on the phone as so fed up from this being down for a week that they either drop your call or tell you to call back tomorrow they are too busy now.
Above has happened to me several times this week.
I just transferred the points to my united account and booked them for more miles.
AV LIFEMILES YOURE A JOKE!
Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I can log in and the calendar populates. When there is a blue line under a date on the calendar does that mean there is availability? When I click on a date, the 3 red dots start bouncing around and the page doesn't open. Firefox on my phone was no different than the other browsers. Saver space is available on Aeroplan & United, but the phone agent at LifeMiles claim they don't have any availability .
Old Aug 3, 2023, 8:57 pm

I can get as far as the calendar. Then noting but spinning.

I assume no one is having any luck booking awards.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Global321

I booked an award two days ago using Firefox.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global321

I have tried Chrome, Edge, Safari and Firefox and nothing works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.