Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles website down for award travel search?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:31 am

Down

Down for me as well. With or without VPN has made no difference. Has anyone had success booking or found a workaround?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: Alaska Air
Originally Posted by HG17
Down for me as well. With or without VPN has made no difference. Has anyone had success booking or found a workaround?

I was getting frustrated. No dice on the laptop in chrome browser the last couple of days, including today. Tried searching on my phone and it worked. Oddly, that is also a chrome browser. Very weird.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
I can search and find flights, but once I get past travelers it errors out. Very frustrating AND when I call to try and book they tell me they can't even see the space.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:38 pm

cannot get any search results either.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:42 pm

I have been trying for days, even tried in Spanish based on a comment a few years ago, no help. Vivalidi, Chrome, Edge, private mode or normal, nada. Tried on my phone, opera, chrome, all hang. Boy is this annoying. Go figure all the best options are Avianca.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:57 am

so basically nobody in the world can use life miles right now?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
so basically nobody in the world can use life miles right now?
I have no way of knowing, but I do know that I can't seach for flights with Lifemiles. Not on the app nor any browser I have access to.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:13 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I can find flights by searching on LM. Granted, they are not in any market I want..

Example, just now, for 30-Sep-2023 using USA/English log-in:
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

It worked for me on the 25th/26th and then been down for the last 4 days again, July 26th through today (30th).
I see the space available when I search via United but I want to redeem lifemiles that have been stuck in my account.
Real shady system, usually never works and your miles expire after 1 year?!
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
dropped an email to them, they are working on it.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:15 pm

Still as dead as a post. I keep trying it every 4 hours or so. And booked on Virgin Atlatnic anyways. But there are still short flights that might be useful. And getting back to the US eventually.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kq747
I havent experienced any of the issues mentioned above over the same time period but for the last 8 hours I have not been able to get past the date selection screen. Site just hangs and doesn't show options even when the date selected is highlighted in blue. Anyone else have this happen?
It shows me the miles needed for the routing, but when I select a date the three red dots keep spinning forever. I've tried different browsers and clearing the cache but nothing works.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:39 am
Original Poster

This program is a JOKE! Been down for 5 days, cannot redeem miles, need to book a ticket, the call center and email people say it will be "back up in 3 hours", canned response.
They don't call you back when you manually make a booking over the phone.
So they make it really difficult for you to redeem your lifemiles but they strictly enforce them expiring after one year.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I was told to fill out the help form. This is the response I received. "Screenshot of the error message"? There is none. Those 3 red dots keep moving forever.

Ticket number:
Solution Description:

Regarding your inquiry, if you want to book a flight with Lifemiles but the website doesn't allow you, we can escalate your case with our internal area for checking the availability and doing the manual booking, for being able to escalate your request, we need the following information:
  • Screenshot of the error message. (It is mandatory for validating the inconvenience).
  • Screenshots of the flights that you want to book, including the route, departure date and the amount of miles required.
  • A phone number to contact you directly, please include the area and country code.
  • Remember the availability and the mileage are subject to changes.
  • Your account number.

Keep in mind, for being able to book a flight through our web LifeMiles, it is necessary to have at least the %40 of mileage required for the ticket available to redeem in your account, otherwise, the system will not allow you.

Last edited by tormapleaf; Aug 1, 2023 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:28 pm

Just got off the call with LifeMiles because I wasn't able to get past the three red dots. The agent was able to manually book my itinerary over the phone, but their payment system was down so I now need to wait for Avianca to call me back within 24-72hrs to complete payment before they ticket. They said the flights were already held for me (I already received a PNR).
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.