Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles Cash and Miles option- miles bought not credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV

Today I bought a ticket for Cash and Miles.
I was charged the correct amount.
The total miles for that reward as per the redemption table were deducted from my account.
So far so good.

However, the miles I bought during the transaction were NOT credited to my account.
I rang the Bogota call centre (English option).
I was told that due to a "technical problem" the Cash and Miles option was not working and that the software would be fixed "tomorrow" and that the miles owing to me would also be credited "tomorrow".

Now I'm waiting to see what "tomorrow" means in this case.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
What are you talking about? You don't get miles credited to your account in this situation.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
What are you talking about? You don't get miles credited to your account in this situation.
In this situation you do get credited with the miles which you bought during the transaction (when the software is working). The normal accounting is (when the software is working):

DEBIT Normal total miles for that reward, as if you were not using any Cash
CREDIT The miles which you bought during the transaction. This part is currently not working.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Called them and the miles appeared in my account a few hours later.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Called them and the miles appeared in my account a few hours later.
Thanks. So it looks like this software bug is not new. They must be getting overwhelmed with phone calls and manual fix requests.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:45 am

Agree with Aussie_flyer, no idea what you're talking about ... when you book with cash+miles you don't get any miles credited to your account!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
No they took the full miles as if there was zero cash, then they took the cash as well.

BTW I'm also waiting for miles to be credited
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
The transaction appears in your account as if you had redeemed the flight for miles only, and the miles you "bought" as part of your "less miles/more money" option show up as a credit in your account. What OP is saying is that they debited the full miles based on miles only ticket, but has not got the credit for the miles "bought''
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
The transaction appears in your account as if you had redeemed the flight for miles only, and the miles you "bought" as part of your "less miles/more money" option show up as a credit in your account. What OP is saying is that they debited the full miles based on miles only ticket, but has not got the credit for the miles "bought''
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me. I assume it is happening to everyone, which must be a large number of transactions.

Update: The bought miles were credited manually 24 hours after my phone call. This phone call procedure to get a standard transaction to work is annoying and must be using a lot of staff time also.

Last edited by QF ExLurker; Sep 14, 2015 at 4:56 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:40 pm

I wonder what would've happened if your account did not already have the full balance needed for a redemption. Curious if the account would go into a negative balance, or the redemption would error out.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maayan
I wonder what would've happened if your account did not already have the full balance needed for a redemption. Curious if the account would go into a negative balance, or the redemption would error out.
An interesting idea Maayan. My guess is that it would technically error out but you would still get the flight and you would pay for the miles which you don't receive!! My transaction did error out with a message to call Supporte, even though the flight reservation was made (I looked on checkmytrip; there was no email from LM until I called Supporte) and the full payment for the miles and the taxes went onto my credit card during the transaction. So one may end up with a negative balance and negative cash to match that !! But I'm not curious enough to try.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:04 pm

OH I see what you mean sorry OP. The exact same thing happened to my booking yesterday but I thought it was because I was messing around with the multi-city form ...
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scibuff
OH I see what you mean sorry OP. The exact same thing happened to my booking yesterday but I thought it was because I was messing around with the multi-city form ...
It's not you; it's a LM software bug. The Call Centre admitted it. I think that LM management needs to "come clean" and publicly announce that it is not working until further notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.