Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by freed0m
145% is back starting from 1,000 miles.
With the recent difficulties of booking premium cabins with lifemiles, especially to/from Asia, I have given up on buying lifemiles and trying to use up the 500,000 lifemiles I already have before they expire
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
With the recent difficulties of booking premium cabins with lifemiles, especially to/from Asia, I have given up on buying lifemiles and trying to use up the 500,000 lifemiles I already have before they expire
Buying LM with no immediate redemption is crazy!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Agree! I may consider keeping 40-50k for a back up one way in case I ever needed something close in and the normal fares were crazy expensive. Otherwise it’s like putting your money in a bank with a hugely negative interest rate!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:39 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
One Mile at a Time blog is adding 5% to make it a total of 150% bonus for mileage purchases. Per the blog: "You can purchase anywhere from 1,000 to 200,000 LifeMiles (pre-bonus) and receive the 150% bonus."

[edited to add:] Looks like The Points Guy blog offers the same deal.

Last edited by wpcoe; Nov 27, 2019 at 6:32 am Reason: add comment about TPG
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Originally Posted by pogonation
Agree! I may consider keeping 40-50k for a back up one way in case I ever needed something close in and the normal fares were crazy expensive. Otherwise it’s like putting your money in a bank with a hugely negative interest rate!
So I had zero issue booking for CA Y intra-Asia or OZ Y/J TPAC just now (and I bought miles previously without an immediate redemption in the past), care to elucidate on why AV is now a complete disaster? It very much felt like any other redemption I've done with them (though my "sweet spot" is usually redeeming for NH/BR/OZ/TG J to and from Asia out of SEA as a TPAC- there is usually good J inventory when you have 3 *A airlines to pick from, the miles are fairly cheap, the J product on all three is at least solid, and pretty good on BR).

I wouldn't want large six digit, first number is a crooked number, huge balances in AV but that's true of any airline, IMO. They all devalue.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So I had zero issue booking for CA Y intra-Asia or OZ Y/J TPAC just now (and I bought miles previously without an immediate redemption in the past), care to elucidate on why AV is now a complete disaster? It very much felt like any other redemption I've done with them (though my "sweet spot" is usually redeeming for NH/BR/OZ/TG J to and from Asia out of SEA as a TPAC- there is usually good J inventory when you have 3 *A airlines to pick from, the miles are fairly cheap, the J product on all three is at least solid, and pretty good on BR).

I wouldn't want large six digit, first number is a crooked number, huge balances in AV but that's true of any airline, IMO. They all devalue.
May be it is a case of YMMV, but attempts to book NYC to SIN or vice versa in premium cabin which I had easily done with NH, BR, LH and AI in the past never seem to show up now a days. Similarly looking for but can't find LON - TOK in Dec 2019 - Jan 2020

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Dec 4, 2019 at 5:07 am Reason: adiition
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
May be it is a case of YMMV, but attempts to book NYC to SIN or vice versa in premium cabin which I had easily done with NH, BR, LH and AI in the past never seem to show up now a days. Similarly looking for but can't find LON - TOK in Dec 2019 - Jan 2020
Ah, OK. I definitely saw OZ/BR J options for booking my May 2020 flights yesterday. My Dec 2019 booking on BR J using AV miles I did way back in February. Seems very YMMV. What tends to be problematic is getting any UA flights to connect (even Y) if SEA is out of BR/NH/OZ J.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
latest sale started today.
Buy miles and get up to 125% bonus*. Don’t miss this opportunity and travel to your dream destination using LifeMiles.
Valid between February 11th and February 27th, 2020.
OMAAT also has additional discount to 140%
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My email offer stated 135% bonus as max. I bought last year through OMAAT for 145% IIRC. Still stuffed from that, not partaking this round.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
latest sale started today.
Buy miles and get up to 125% bonus*. Don’t miss this opportunity and travel to your dream destination using LifeMiles.
Valid between February 11th and February 27th, 2020.
OMAAT also has additional discount to 140%
It's 140 if you max out the promo though.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
It's 140 if you max out the promo though.
140% bonus miles starts at minimum 101,000 miles purchase
Old Feb 26, 2020, 4:51 pm

Anyone have an idea--based on previous years--when the next sale will likely start (after the current sale ends tomorrow)?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by juhlee
Anyone have an idea--based on previous years--when the next sale will likely start (after the current sale ends tomorrow)?
April.
Then June/July
There definitely will be another in the next 3 months!
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:11 am
Original Poster

New 2x1 + 50% promo is on from today. Seems targeted though.
Buy miles at the best price in years and get a mega bonus of 150%
Even though we do not intent to change our award rates, for the members who purchase this promotion we will honor these award tables until at least January 2021. Don’t miss this chance! You have 4 days only, valid until June 26th, 2020.

Terms and Conditions:
This promotion is exclusive for LifeMiles members that have received this email directly from LifeMiles.
This promotion applies for miles purchases made between June 23rd and June 26th, 2020 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador).
The bonus percentage applies for purchases from 1,000 – 200,000 LifeMiles.
You receive 2x1+ 50% additional miles.
The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles. The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles.

Additionally, the maximum miles that a member can receive during the promotion, including applicable bonuses is 510,000 miles, minus the miles that the member has previously purchased in 2020 and their respective bonuses. The purchase transaction cannot be made if the amount of miles to purchase and the corresponding bonus, including all miles purchased in 2020, including the bonuses, exceed the 510,000 miles limit, unless the amount of miles to receive without applying the promotional bonus is less or equal to 510,000 miles, in which case, the transaction will be processed but no bonus will be granted, giving such warning to the member.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’ve had decent luck buying Lifemiles in the past, but the huge hassle of refunding recent J tickets would make me a bit nervous. Will the awards be available when I need them? Gambling, perhaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.