Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Exactly this. LM may offer the ability to fly LH F Usa-FRA-Asia for 90k miles one way compared to UA's award chart offering the same for 115k, but if you can't book it, where's the saving? A couple months ago UA was showing wide open availability for the above routing, every day from 14 days prior to departure. LM had one day, only to FRA, and had to be booked via a screenshot and a three day wait for them to call to take payment.
Good to know, this is never really addressed on the blogs. I've seen some of them mention DIFFERENT availability, but not like non-existent availability. I've only ever really searched once or twice with AV and didn't come up with much, but I figured it was cuz I didn't search leg by leg. They also mention not buying miles on spec, which is what I was thinking of doing, so that's on me, but they don't usually reference availability, they reference the possibility for devals.

Are there any airlines where the availability is BETTER than others? I would assume AV, but like how about CM, is UA pretty reliable? If nothing else I'd like to be able to fly from CAN-COL/SA without being encumbered by Air Canada's fees and their inability to show Avianca availability.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I wonder if this has anything to do with you being located outside of North America. Have not been able to use my Amex card online, had to use a Visa or MC in the past. Now this cryptic problem. Tried Amex and Visa and the same exact message.
You have to "unblock" Avianca with your cc provider. If you have at least 4000 miles, try buying the cheapest award ticket anywhere (8k us domestic etc.) and use the card with a wrong security code (so that you dont actually buy the ticket). the attempted purchase will likely get flagged by your CC provider, and you either get a call/text/email about the attempted transaction. Once you clear it, then the CC provider will unblock the card with Avianca, and you will be good to go. for points purchases, the transaction just fails and no follow up from your cc provider, so you have no way of engaging them to unblock your card. tricks of the game!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I wonder if this has anything to do with you being located outside of North America. Have not been able to use my Amex card online, had to use a Visa or MC in the past. Now this cryptic problem. Tried Amex and Visa and the same exact message.
Have you tried to do the purchase over the phone? That's been a rather reliable workaround to get the miles purchases to work with Lifemiles even when the attempt to purchase the miles on lifemiles.com flops.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:24 am

Anyone else having trouble accessing accounts? I cannot access either family account,I or get the password update screen to accept my info.

Yesterday I did a small purchase from one account to the other. Today I registered account #2 at OMAAT. I've cleared cookies on this computer, and it will be several hours before I can try these again on my main computer.

My security program is demanding secure entry in the password field, and I don't know if this is helping or hurting. If I don't figure this out soon, I'll call LM to freeze any redemptions for a few days. I really don't need to buy or redeem any more for awhile to come.

Is this just a system jam because it's a busy sale day?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by SEAfarer

Is this just a system jam because it's a busy sale day?
Call center tells me it's a system problem for a few more hours. Any confirmation?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:00 pm

Maybe site problem. Not even letting log on to account now.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I received an email about successfully enrolled in OMMAT 150% bonus. But I cannot login to my account. I tried to retrieve password, but I couldn't get confirmation email to change my password. I called avianca, after 30-minute wait, the agent was throwing a bunch of Spanish to me. I told her I couldn't speak Espanol, and she transferred me back to home page. What the hell? I chose English service and got this?! I'm not too much worried since my password is complicated with capital, lower case, numbers, and special characters. Now I see some people are having same struggle as I do, so probably not a cyber hack..
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, HH Gold, US Gold
It also is not letting me log in to my account. The website says my login information is incorrect.

Any idea when this will be fixed?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
"Lucky" One Mile at a Time blogger posted on his site that he is following up with Lifemiles regarding the log in issue. Seems to be an all-around problem of which Lifemiles is now aware.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Have you tried to do the purchase over the phone? That's been a rather reliable workaround to get the miles purchases to work with Lifemiles even when the attempt to purchase the miles on lifemiles.com flops.
Thanks. I just used my Visa Ink and that seemed to work. Would have loved to earn X5 points using my Amex Plat but 3X points will work too. Thanks for the tip.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, HH Gold, US Gold
Hey! I just went back and it logged in fine. Glad to see them resolve this issue so quickly
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:19 pm

OS J ex-USA used to be plentiful with 4 J seats open within 2 weeks of departure. Now I'm seeing at most 1 seat in J.

Also not seeing more than 1 x ANA F seat?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Nov 27, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
A few months ago I booked LAX-VIE-IST-SEZ through two screenshots. Itinerary came up on UNited.com but not on lifemiles (OS C/OS C/TK C). The leg-by-leg availability was enough to successfully book this itinerary.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
A few months ago I booked LAX-VIE-IST-SEZ through two screenshots. Itinerary came up on UNited.com but not on lifemiles (OS C/OS C/TK C). The leg-by-leg availability was enough to successfully book this itinerary.
Nice! For 1 or 2 passengers?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Nice! For 1 or 2 passengers?
for two!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.