Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by antonen
I've made a stupid and costly mistake - I've bought 100k miles.
Actually the page https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/ear/tr...eepurproc.aspx doesn't have any limits. And I've ended up with 100k miles for $3k! I didn't even get the 75k bonus.
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions what to do and who to contact now...
Call them immediately, explain your situation and kindly request for a refund. I've seen people report their success in doing that.

Last edited by choupeo; Apr 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm Reason: spellings
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:14 pm

I've contacted the call center and they're saying it's only my fault and they're not going to do anything
Even if the buy page doesn't have T&C on it
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:40 pm

I've contacted the call center and they're saying it's only my fault and they're not going to do anything
Even if the buy page doesn't have T&C on it
If I were you, I would:

1. Keep calling until an agent would help;

2. dispute credit card charge if 1 doesn't work out...= =
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Edmo1
If I were you, I would:

1. Keep calling until an agent would help;

I agree about keep calling to hopefully get a helpful agent.

Not sure about dispute cc though.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:04 pm

If I were you, I would:

This is horrible advice. He got exactly what he paid for, 100k miles for $3,000.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
If you paid $3,000 you should get 200,000 miles, as per "you will get the double" page. Make sure you keep a screen-cap of this page
https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF24
and you can use this in a cc dispute, where your dispute is that you have "paid the double" for your 100,000 miles. Insist they aither cancel the transaction or credit you $1,500. Also ensure that your conversations and E mails with Avianca are all prefaced by "This is about the CC dispute regarding....." which should bring out a supervisor
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Coolers
This is horrible advice. He got exactly what he paid for, 100k miles for $3,000.
He should get at least 2*75K+25K=175K due to the cap for the promotion.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
He should get at least 2*75K+25K=175K due to the cap for the promotion.
not if he wasn't entitled to the promotion (account created after commencement of promotion).
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:12 am

Thank all for suggestions.
I've finally managed to find a helpful agent, but I really don't understand what's the difference as they _all_ contacted supervisor before answering anything. So finally they cancelled the transaction. In the end I hope everything is ok, although the first experience was terrible - "It doesn't matter that the page says nothing, you must know the rules before buying anything, no, you're not going to get even the 75k bonus, as you're out of the promotion and so on"
Really happy that it is over (or not yet? Miles are still in my account, can they charge my CC once more? The refund has already posted and I'm going to get the money out of this CC - it's debit, but am still worrying a little).

PS. account was created in September, and I haven't ever participated in their promos. This was first attempt. Not sure, I'll try it once more, I think I'll stick with US Airways, even if those are more expensive
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:02 am

Thank all for suggestions.
I've finally managed to find a helpful agent, but I really don't understand what's the difference as they _all_ contacted supervisor before answering anything. So finally they cancelled the transaction. In the end I hope everything is ok, although the first experience was terrible - "It doesn't matter that the page says nothing, you must know the rules before buying anything, no, you're not going to get even the 75k bonus, as you're out of the promotion and so on"
Really happy that it is over (or not yet? Miles are still in my account, can they charge my CC once more? The refund has already posted and I'm going to get the money out of this CC - it's debit, but am still worrying a little).

PS. account was created in September, and I haven't ever participated in their promos. This was first attempt. Not sure, I'll try it once more, I think I'll stick with US Airways, even if those are more expensive

well good luck with sticking to US... considering the airline and its mileage program will cease to exist soon
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:03 am

I'm glad things worked out. I consider cases like these byproducts of blog exposure. You have all these blogs spreading how great this promotion is and then readers jump head first before learning anything about the program. All it takes is a quick glimpse of the comments responding to those blog posts - it's painfully obvious people don't want to put any work into researching the limitations and quirks.

Originally Posted by harryhv
If you paid $3,000 you should get 200,000 miles, as per "you will get the double" page. Make sure you keep a screen-cap of this page
https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF24
and you can use this in a cc dispute, where your dispute is that you have "paid the double" for your 100,000 miles. Insist they aither cancel the transaction or credit you $1,500. Also ensure that your conversations and E mails with Avianca are all prefaced by "This is about the CC dispute regarding....." which should bring out a supervisor
It's funny how you reference the T&C but don't bother reading them. Per the 2-for-1 terms: Maximum miles to buy per transaction: LM75,000. He exceeded the cap so the promo no longer applies to the transaction and he is therefore not entitled to anything beyond the 100,000 miles for $3,000.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:29 am

It's funny how you reference the T&C but don't bother reading them. Per the 2-for-1 terms: Maximum miles to buy per transaction: LM75,000. He exceeded the cap so the promo no longer applies to the transaction and he is therefore not entitled to anything beyond the 100,000 miles for $3,000.

Quite right coolers. ^
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:18 am

Maximum miles to buy per transaction: LM75,000.
Well, on the buy miles page there's nothing saying about limitations. Why would I need to look for anything other than the buy miles page?

Then, I'm not at all sure that the wording in T&C is obvious. For example, I get it like you can buy only 75000 miles per transaction, not that "you can buy as much as you want, but they won't be bonused"

Actually, I'm finding it really strange that anyone can consider the situation to be normal
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Well, on the buy miles page there's nothing saying about limitations. Why would I need to look for anything other than the buy miles page?

Then, I'm not at all sure that the wording in T&C is obvious. For example, I get it like you can buy only 75000 miles per transaction, not that "you can buy as much as you want, but they won't be bonused"

Actually, I'm finding it really strange that anyone can consider the situation to be normal
Unfortunately sometimes we just don't want to accept our own mistakes. Maybe the USAir program is a better option for you.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:56 am

The normal situation when you buy miles tells you exactly how many miles you are getting, INCLUDING the bonus, BEFORE you pay. In your case the page showed : 100,000 miles and $3000. you got what the screen said you would.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.