Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is there a difference in taxes and fees when you purchase miles for one account vs the other?
There is no difference based on the location of the account...
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: *A
Well, excited to start planning! Just purchased my first 75+75
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RTW1
There is no difference based on the location of the account...
Thanks. I wasn't charged any taxes using my Cdn address.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by themadsupra
Well, excited to start planning! Just purchased my first 75+75
Not speculatively, I hope
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Not speculatively, I hope
I already used the miles that I purchased.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta
I heard of this program earlier this year and signed up for email alerts - just received the 2 for 1 email today and it expires in 8 days.

I am looking to travel to India next January - business class would be great - itinerary as follows:

YYZ - MAA - mid January
DEL - YYZ - late March

I can't seem to get the Life Miles site to do multi destination routings - am I missing something?

How many miles would I need? I see you can purchase 75K max - presumably my husband and I could each do that - any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the vague post - just saw it now and am trying to nail my itinerary down to see if this is an option.

Alternatively I can fly for about $1,400 for economy (LH/AC) and hope to be able to buy exit rows. Also have 200K Aeroplan - could get one biz class for that plus about $800 fees (or two economy)

TIA
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:59 am

No multi destination routings - just input the two as one ways on lifemiles.com - if they show up, great. If not, nothing you can do.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by ElizabethS
I heard of this program earlier this year and signed up for email alerts - just received the 2 for 1 email today and it expires in 8 days.

I am looking to travel to India next January - business class would be great - itinerary as follows:

YYZ - MAA - mid January
DEL - YYZ - late March

I can't seem to get the Life Miles site to do multi destination routings - am I missing something?

How many miles would I need? I see you can purchase 75K max - presumably my husband and I could each do that - any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the vague post - just saw it now and am trying to nail my itinerary down to see if this is an option.

Alternatively I can fly for about $1,400 for economy (LH/AC) and hope to be able to buy exit rows. Also have 200K Aeroplan - could get one biz class for that plus about $800 fees (or two economy)

TIA
why dont book oneway for each segment threw the website?

i found dates on thr 13/1 and 23/1

and back on the 28/3

although i was looking only for 1 passenger, so finding 2 might be a problem

it seems it's 65K miles oneway J per person
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by photographer2012
why dont book oneway for each segment threw the website?

i found dates on thr 13/1 and 23/1

and back on the 28/3

although i was looking only for 1 passenger, so finding 2 might be a problem

it seems it's 65K miles oneway J per person
Thanks - I played around doing it one way as you suggested - very hard to find 2 J class. Do you know if there is much change when a date is SOLD OUT or is that pretty much it?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:43 pm

When I check out single J class for my dates there are several - is there only 1 J class seat per plane? If we had to one of us could fly in Economy (my husband has a bad back - biz class is definitely better for him)

Also - what am I missing? I just checked out YYZ-YVR which I fly a couple of times per year - at the current 2 for 1 rate it works out to $447 with tax for a round trip AC ticket which is currently quite a good price.

I'm thinking of just buying 75K at the discount to have - does that make sense?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ElizabethS
Also - what am I missing? I just checked out YYZ-YVR which I fly a couple of times per year - at the current 2 for 1 rate it works out to $447 with tax for a round trip AC ticket which is currently quite a good price.

I'm thinking of just buying 75K at the discount to have - does that make sense?
Yes. $447 US, about $480 Canadian after credit card conversion, for round-trip within NA in economy.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by echino
Yes. $447 US, about $480 Canadian after credit card conversion, for round-trip within NA in economy.
Thanks for your answer! I just found the newbie thread and realize my questions are better there. Reading through it, it seems there are many frustrations with the program but that for some people/some routes it does represent very good value, albeit with frustration.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Keep in mind that if you want Y tickets, WS has a sale at this moment (still Thursday in NA if I remember)
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:50 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You just have to watch out for those "instant" devaluations which have happened within 60 days of this same 2 X 1 promo. Buyer beware.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:45 pm

I've written about buying miles for domestic travel although not sure how the numbers work anymore:

http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...-class-repost/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.