Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by hktramz
It does work for me on petsmart donation using my Canadian address..
Haven't tried Ebags though.

Thank you so much! It finally let me go through after I faked a US shipping address... Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:56 pm

I find it interesting that Petco specifically excludes "donations"

Whether you already have a pet or are interested in getting one, PETCO.com is your one-stop site for supplies, articles, and advice on pet care.

Special Terms: Customers are ineligible for rewards on purchases of gift cards, gift certificates, donations and Bottomless Bowl subscriptions. Customers earn rewards on online purchases, including signing up for Trupanion Pet Insurance.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Anyone had miles post yet? I can see the "banner" but cannot click on it to see the terms and conditions.

Is there a direct link to the offer?

Is it restricted to folks who got the email?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
It was offered as an option to me here:

http://www.drugstore.com/gc/gc_purchase.asp
Hope this works out can't beat that 2500miles for $1- reminds me of the AA cartel deal.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by stackm
A bunch of flyertalkers pounding away at the sites w/scripts would surely be a red flag. They may shut the whole thing down immediately.

I'd say it's comparable to "calling the airline", which is rightfully shunned around here.

Why does everyone have to be so greedy?
I think you are GROSSLY overestimating the resources and priorities at LM. I really doubt a FF program with an amateur website, few English speakers in their call centres, poor quality phone lines and systems so behind they cant even book mixed fare redemptions at the highest fare price, would have a crack-team of forensic accountants on the look out for suspicious or fraudulent behaviour in their online store ready to 'shut it down'.

It's a 3rd world countries airline, not a Swiss bank.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: AP, UA, AA
On Magazineline you can purchase a free magazine as a gift for someone.
The free magazine is a digital edition.
Total purchase comes to $0 includes shipping and handling.

If this was to post for the 250 miles per purchase the cost of the miles would be zero.

4000 seperate/transactions x $.00 = $.00 4000 x 250 miles = 1,000,000 miles Cost $0
40000 seperate/transactions x $.00= $.00 40000 x 250 miles = 10,000,000 miles Cost $0

I did some purchases of this magazine 2 days ago. Will see if the miles post.

If anyone is going to do the magazine thing send them to various charities, hospitals, shelters, Flyertalkers
If the miles post great, if not someone recieved a free magazine.

Last edited by Raffles longhaul; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:04 pm
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Now wish i had paid attention learning programming. Need to learn about scripts! I lost it back around basic on my Commodore 64! Will be typing all night.

BTW Kmart has no exclusion on gift cards, sears does, even though the same company. Then again it lists $5 cards and then the site starts at $10!!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:09 pm

Well, now the mall is dead for me. Won't load at all.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I would love to figure put how to do 100, much less 40000. How would anyone have that much time or email addresses?

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul

If this was to post for the 250 miles per purchase the cost of the miles would be zero.

4000 seperate/transactions x $.00 = $.00 4000 x 250 miles = 1,000,000 miles Cost $0
40000 seperate/transactions x $.00= $.00 40000 x 250 miles = 10,000,000 miles Cost $0

If anyone is going to do the magazine thing send them to various charities, hospitals, shelters, Flyertalkers
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:32 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by Raffles longhaul

Great idea I just doubt such transactions will post with a zero $$$ values. But if they do I'm happy to run 4,000 transactions an hour then Just kidding!

I received about 100 UPS tracking numbers from drugstore.com already - I never thought they'll actually send all of them individually! It's gonna be a fun Wednesday - our kids will be busy ripping open packaging for days

Last edited by MightyTravels; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:39 pm
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:35 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by smit0847
I think you are GROSSLY overestimating the resources and priorities at LM. I really doubt a FF program with an amateur website, few English speakers in their call centres, poor quality phone lines and systems so behind they cant even book mixed fare redemptions at the highest fare price, would have a crack-team of forensic accountants on the look out for suspicious or fraudulent behaviour in their online store ready to 'shut it down'.

I agree - drugstore.com may be in a position to cry foul but Lifemiles won't see much traffic - it's just a click every minute - that does not give them a spike at all. drugstore.com has so far fulfilled orders with perfection - for now I'm very positive on this. LM says average time to post is 2.8 days so well know soon.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:36 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by miikkak
There is one partner without which doesn't require buying anything... All you need is phone number in US to receive a sales call. This can be done only once per phone number...
Can you elaborate on this one? What partner is it and what action is required at the phone?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by smit0847

exactly the (for opposite reasons)
as they are not a bank they are unlikely to have the resources to fund all these free miles so will shut it down
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
I am aiming for a small balance out of this....

But what is considered small in the frequent flyer world.... Hmmmmm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:35 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
exactly the (for opposite reasons)
as they are not a bank they are unlikely to have the resources to fund all these free miles so will shut it down
Of course will they shut it down before 10/31! The questions when and what transactions you have in the book by then and will they honor their promotion. I think the odds are good on this one. Even United eventually honored the Month of Miles promotions with many folks taking in 1 million miles or more for free (if they were shopping at HD, if not it did cost a couple hundred bucks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.