Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

250 bonus miles for e-store purchases in October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by echino
Don't get excited guys, nobody is going to get even a single 250 miles posted. I bet 250 miles refers to this offer:

Earn 250 Bonus LifeMiles on your first e-Store purchase of US $50 or more.

Looks like this is the only offer they really have, there are no other 250 miles offers. I believe the word "each" is just someone's poor choice of wording, which should read "any" instead, and T&C clarify that any purchase of US$50 or more.

I am hoping to be mistaken though, but not holding my breath.
To be honest, I somehow do hope that only purchases over 50 USD will count. Because otherwise, guys, who used and are still using scripts and macros, can be held responsible for sending Avianca into bankruptcy. And thats the last thing I wanna see, because its more or less the new BMI for me and many others here
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by echino
Don't get excited guys, nobody is going to get even a single 250 miles posted
You could be wright... What a lousy offer that would be.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I actually don't write the script...if you use google chrome or firefox, just do a search for macros. You can download and install it on your browser. It records what you do and then you select the option to replay it. It will order the item over and over and over. It works pretty good...enough so that cap 1 shut me down from their checking accounts due to me running up several thousand transactions to pay my water bill, and getting 10 miles per charge to the debit card. Capi 1 paid for my EXP with AA earlier this year
I have been going out back to the lifemiles page to go back intp petsmert each time, do I need to do this or can I just start another order. Learning about auto on the new Macbook.

JudyJFLA
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I actually don't write the script...if you use google chrome or firefox, just do a search for macros. You can download and install it on your browser. It records what you do and then you select the option to replay it. It will order the item over and over and over. It works pretty good...enough so that cap 1 shut me down from their checking accounts due to me running up several thousand transactions to pay my water bill, and getting 10 miles per charge to the debit card. Capi 1 paid for my EXP with AA earlier this year
Are you sure this works? I thought about playing with iMacros, but it looks like it doesn't actually CLICK on a link -- it just replaces the URL with what the link is supposed to be. I can make it buy lots of things for me, but I'm not sure that it actually registers a click through the portals..

I haven't used any macros or scripts thus far.

Last edited by mabramovich; Oct 15, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flo_147
To be honest, I somehow do hope that only purchases over 50 USD will count. Because otherwise, guys, who used and are still using scripts and macros, can be held responsible for sending Avianca into bankruptcy. And thats the last thing I wanna see, because its more or less the new BMI for me and many others here
Well, let's be reasonable here...sitting and clicking yourself for hours is ok but using a script isn't?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Well, let's be reasonable here...sitting and clicking yourself for hours is ok but using a script isn't?
I just did it 10-15 times (donated to the puppies) and not 1,000 times and more like some guys here
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:01 pm

I just did it 10-15 times (donated to the puppies) and not 1,000 times and more like some guys here
Ok, but then you have 2.5K miles which do you a whole lot of nothing...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:03 pm

Seriously, people, stop acting like this is a Avianca/TACA run program. Read the general terms and conditions of the program. This is exactly like the Cartera situation.

The site is run by http://www.incentivenetworks.com/

They are going to give you miles or not. Yes, there are some workarounds and some people are going to get miles. No one knows what they will do when the complaints start rolling in. Perhaps they will comp a set amount per acct, perhaps they will pay out however many hundreds of millions of miles people now feel they're owed. Perhaps most will get nothing. Regardless, you will have little recourse if they don't besides suing.

http://shop.lifemiles.com/ref/pgterms The terms are by Incentive Networks LLC not an airline. The terms of the program list at the very top a special box about 250 miles. If they want to deny they will say this is what the 250 refereed to and they are covered by stating elsewhere when you click through to make a purchase how everything is subject to the general terms of the program. Of course the wording doesn't make it sound like that, no one disagrees but that doesn't mean you will get miles.

Fyi, the potential difference between script and human click through is "no machines, scripts, or automated services may be used to accumulate any financial benefits derived from the use of the Service. You may maintain only one account. Any duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation."

They state right there how it works:

"Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. provides the LifeMiles e-Store (the Service) that aggregates various online merchants who have affiliate marketing programs. When you register for the Service and shop with such merchants through the Service you may earn LifeMiles by such merchants.

The online merchants on the Service (Affiliates) have agreed to pay Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. an affiliate or referral fee when a user from the LifeMiles e-Store site makes a Qualifying Purchase of goods or services from such Affiliate through the Service. Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. has agreed to give you LifeMiles for Qualifying Purchases in accordance with these terms and conditions (your Rebate).

Unless I'm missing something it seems pretty clear cut. They pay for miles from Avianca/TACA, these miles are used to rebate you when you make purchases from affiliates. They profit from the spread between what they get kicked back from affiliates as compared to what they kick you back in cost of miles.

"Should you disagree with any adjustments made to your account, your sole remedy is to withdraw from the Service"

"Disputes or Errors. All questions or disputes regarding the Service must be submitted in writing within 60 days of the qualifying transaction, to Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. at: Incentive Networks, attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 855, Shelton, CT 06484. Any such disputes shall be resolved by Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. at its sole discretion."
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Guess it is time to buy some itunes tracks!!

JudyJFLA
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Seriously, people, stop acting like this is a Avianca/TACA run program. Read the general terms and conditions of the program. This is exactly like the Cartera situation.

The site is run by http://www.incentivenetworks.com/

They are going to give you miles or not. Yes, there are some workarounds and some people are going to get miles. No one knows what they will do when the complaints start rolling in. Perhaps they will comp a set amount per acct, perhaps they will pay out however many hundreds of millions of miles people now feel they're owed. Perhaps most will get nothing. Regardless, you will have little recourse if they don't besides suing.

http://shop.lifemiles.com/ref/pgterms The terms are by Incentive Networks LLC not an airline. The terms of the program list at the very top a special box about 250 miles. If they want to deny they will say this is what the 250 refereed to and they are covered by stating elsewhere when you click through to make a purchase how everything is subject to the general terms of the program. Of course the wording doesn't make it sound like that, no one disagrees but that doesn't mean you will get miles.

Fyi, the potential difference between script and human click through is "no machines, scripts, or automated services may be used to accumulate any financial benefits derived from the use of the Service. You may maintain only one account. Any duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation."

They state right there how it works:

"Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. provides the LifeMiles e-Store (the Service) that aggregates various online merchants who have affiliate marketing programs. When you register for the Service and shop with such merchants through the Service you may earn LifeMiles by such merchants.

The online merchants on the Service (Affiliates) have agreed to pay Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. an affiliate or referral fee when a user from the LifeMiles e-Store site makes a Qualifying Purchase of goods or services from such Affiliate through the Service. Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. has agreed to give you LifeMiles for Qualifying Purchases in accordance with these terms and conditions (your Rebate).

Unless I'm missing something it seems pretty clear cut. They pay for miles from Avianca/TACA, these miles are used to rebate you when you make purchases from affiliates. They profit from the spread between what they get kicked back from affiliates as compared to what they kick you back in cost of miles.

"Should you disagree with any adjustments made to your account, your sole remedy is to withdraw from the Service"

"Disputes or Errors. All questions or disputes regarding the Service must be submitted in writing within 60 days of the qualifying transaction, to Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. at: Incentive Networks, attn: Customer Service, P.O. Box 855, Shelton, CT 06484. Any such disputes shall be resolved by Incentive Networks, a division of Webloyalty.com, Inc. at its sole discretion."
true words! We had the same with AA mall, where Bose earphones would have gotten you 10,000s of miles for a purchase. Yet what happened in the end: just 2.5k miles per account (hope I recall the amounts right)...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Guess it is time to buy some itunes tracks!!

JudyJFLA
Weren't those first purchase only?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:21 pm

true words! We had the same with AA mall, where Bose earphones would have gotten you 10,000s of miles for a purchase. Yet what happened in the end: just 2.5k miles per account (hope I recall the amounts right)...
Did they refund the money for the headphones or were people stuck with them?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:34 pm

Sorry for all of the posts. They've now added a "No GCs" for drugstore.com.

Special Terms: Gift Cards are not eligible for member rewards. Vision Direct purchases, Prescription orders, and orders from third party sites are not eligible for rewards.
Does anyone have a screenshot of the page before that was added?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:36 pm
Used to be highman123

I understand that I wont be pushing beyond 200k miles with this.

But Avianca can't go bankrupt by shelling out miles IMHO. Remember they have no internal cost (seats are free anyways) for miles and I think the fees they pay other alliance members are minimal (i.e. $30 per segment) if they pay anything at all for partner redemptions. SO as long as there are just a couple of guys here with big balances it's good. If a major blog picks it up again with detailed screen shots we'll be in trouble.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Did they refund the money for the headphones or were people stuck with them?
they refunded the money, if you sent them back...think mine are still in a closet somewhere, and they weren't bose. I haven't had a chance to do the macro yet myself, i was waiting for the miles to post or some reports back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.