Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Avianca Award Flights - Not flying is cheaper than buying miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling Avianca Award Flights - Not flying is cheaper than buying miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onlysuites
That happens quite often. They hardly ever bother cancelling them on the phone now days. I have had 3 in the past few months where they have not cancelled till after departure. Seems such a waste of a FF seat which someone else can utilize.
Its more their lack of experience and not much else.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
I just booked a life miles award ticket. I got the confirmation from the call center by e-mail. But I do NOT have an ETKT number. How do I get this number? Without it, can I be sure that the ticket has been issued?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:58 am

CheckMyTrip.com .. use your booking confirmation.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Or check eticket on Saudi
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:28 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flylocal
I just booked a life miles award ticket. I got the confirmation from the call center by e-mail. But I do NOT have an ETKT number. How do I get this number? Without it, can I be sure that the ticket has been issued?
My guess is that this is because you are using a non San Salvador/Colombia credit card. There are a few threads on FT asking how long it takes to ticket. It does happen eventually but be prepared to wait a few days.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
My guess is that this is because you are using a non San Salvador/Colombia credit card. There are a few threads on FT asking how long it takes to ticket. It does happen eventually but be prepared to wait a few days.
99.9% of us here are using non San Salvador/Colombia credit cards
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:56 am

99.9% of us here are using non San Salvador/Colombia credit cards
I know that and it seems I have tempted fate as I bought BOG-AXM | AXM-BOG-SMR | CTG-BOG-BGA this morning and only the first Armenia leg has ticketed with my Colombian CC.

Just my experience that AV is really bad when it comes to foreign credit cards
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:15 am

There is no ETKT number

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
It does happen eventually but be prepared to wait a few days.
I hope you are rights. Do you think I should call the call center? Is there a risk, that the booking will be cancelled? I have to book a connecting flight...
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:21 am

There is no ETKT number

I hope you are rights. Do you think I should call the call center? Is there a risk, that the booking will be cancelled? I have to book a connecting flight...
Give it at least 24-48 hrs before calling even though there's no harm to do so.

You can also email [email protected] asking "When will I receive my tickets regarding booking #xxxxxx"..

I have a booking made 20 hours ago that I can see the ticket #s on CMT. Another one made 8 hours ago is missing ticket #s. No emails from LM whatsoever about the first one.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:22 am

I am not often right!

My LH reward trip took 3 days to ticket, I am pretty certain that I have seen others on here that have taken longer.

They may just have a glitch today, like I said, my paid Colombia segments have also not ticketed.

I am not calling them just yet. You do what you feel like doing to reassure yourself but personally I would not be worrying
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Personally I would wait 3 days before calling. 2 if you feel the flights might get snapped up by someone else. I wouldn't call in the first 24hrs.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: QFF
Nightmare... on hold for 45 mins before the line dropped off. Called back again on hold for another 45 mins before getting an agent who transferred to another agent who transferred to another agent who finally cancelled my tickets but said that the taxes were not refundable. The whole process took close to 2hrs.

The positive was that miles credited instantly.

Now to get my taxes back...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:37 pm

20 minutes on the line, ticket cancelled, miles refundet immediately. Thank you Lifemiles!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by somebol
They often say that. It should post automatically within 3-4 weeks.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by somebol
Nightmare... on hold for 45 mins before the line dropped off. Called back again on hold for another 45 mins before getting an agent who transferred to another agent who transferred to another agent who finally cancelled my tickets but said that the taxes were not refundable. The whole process took close to 2hrs.

The positive was that miles credited instantly.

They will go back to your card. If it didn't happen in a couple months, write an email asking for your taxes back with full details of the canceled ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.