Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:09 pm

The booking engine does not seem to be able to put YUL-ZRH-HKG together even though both segments are available. However it does give me YUL-ZRH-NRT. I suspect because the Tokyo flight leaves in the early afternoon and the Hong Kong flight is late evening, if the connections is longer than say 12 hours, it won't put the two segments together.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by AndrewE
The booking engine does not seem to be able to put YUL-ZRH-HKG together even though both segments are available. However it does give me YUL-ZRH-NRT. I suspect because the Tokyo flight leaves in the early afternoon and the Hong Kong flight is late evening, if the connections is longer than say 12 hours, it won't put the two segments together.
Have you played with your dates? Some flights are daily, others are only 3-4x per week and it might give you the results you want. Why do you want ZRH? you want LX or you do want Raclette?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Applied for the LM 20k US Bank Visa Signature yesterday. Instant approval ^
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
I chanced it and got myself a nice chunk of LifeMiles during the share promo. Originally I thougt about booking through the website, but decided against it as it doesn't show my preferred routing for the trip I'm looking to book. Tried my luck with the call center yesterday, but no dice there, they can only see so many seats on each flight, not corresponding with what I see online. Also they do not seem to understand that in Star Alliance there are three classes of service, as I wanted to include a flight in First. Guy on the phone spoke great english though.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by AndrewE
This is most likely due to LH/LXs infamous married segment blocking. This means that you may see 2 or even 4 seats on A-B and B-C, but when you search A-C no seats are available.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by ikura
This is most likely due to LH/LXs infamous married segment blocking. This means that you may see 2 or even 4 seats on A-B and B-C, but when you search A-C no seats are available.
The married segment business is new, at least for award tickets. Earlier, if A-B and B-C were available, you could always get A-B-C.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by abcx
The married segment business is new, at least for award tickets. Earlier, if A-B and B-C were available, you could always get A-B-C.
Not in my experience, I struggled with this over a year ago and had to book Swiss instead of Lufthansa (no loss there though )
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:43 am

The website is indeed very lacking. It shows the most obvious connections, yes it does, but when it comes to more complex requests it completely falls through. I see that several people have been able to book over the phone without any charge, did you say anything special or did the agent just forget to charge you?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Applied for the LM 20k US Bank Visa Signature yesterday. Instant approval ^
May I ask which country residency is this application based on?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can anybody confirm that the most interesting routings no longer process or it just me? I get an error message after the availability screen shows me my flight options, mileage requirements, etc.

Cheers

Edit:
My C1-C3 does not price.
My C3-C2 works wonderfully...

Strange

Last edited by Deltahater; Aug 2, 2012 at 5:00 pm Reason: more info
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
US credit history.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Still have a home (and credit history) in the US

US Bank was the bank my initial secured credit card came from when I got my SSN in 2005 and started out with my credit history. So they know me well

I was surprised that USB offers a secured credit card that earns LM ^
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Still have a home (and credit history) in the US

US Bank was the bank my initial secured credit card came from when I got my SSN in 2005 and started out with my credit history. So they know me well

I was surprised that USB offers a secured credit card that earns LM ^
It is great that they have such a product.

USB having a secured credit card that earns Lifemiles was probably done due to the demographics and credit history/credit risk nature of the primary target market. [Most of those in the US who fly Avianca/TACA are probably traditionally not financially as settled in the US as say a BA FFP participant and it is great to see USB has considered a product that makes sense for the relevant market.]
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:33 pm

For people who have just bought lots of miles, but don't know what to do with them, perhaps these are a couple of ideas:
For people in the US, it's worth taking a flight out to the birthplace of the first female flight attendant. For us Europeans, a trip to the largest German beer festival is also a nice weekend away (though search for one of the less well known airports in the city to fly into).
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:28 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by marble
For people who have just bought lots of miles, but don't know what to do with them, perhaps these are a couple of ideas:
For people in the US, it's worth taking a flight out to the birthplace of the first female flight attendant. For us Europeans, a trip to the largest German beer festival is also a nice weekend away (though search for one of the less well known airports in the city to fly into).
Huh? Is this some sort of code language.

Cresco, Iowa and Munich, Germany?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.