Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they just started June 18. https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF23
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems they just started June 18. https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pr...f.aspx?D=DOF23
Avis doesn't know yet - called them yesterday to add my number to a rental booking and they said it couldn't be done.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This avis booking page: https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/ap...G&inited=false

probably aimed at central & south america, has Avianca as partner @:-)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Lightbulb New Forum

How about a new Avianca/Taca Lifemiles forum, now that BMI will soon be with BA?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...l#post18897460

Last edited by gkbiiii; Jul 9, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
How about a new Avianca/Taca Lifemiles forum, now that BMI will soon be with BA?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...l#post18897460
Can't we just rename the BMI Diamond Club forum and carry on as though nothing ever happened?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Can't we just rename the BMI Diamond Club forum and carry on as though nothing ever happened?

Sounds good to me!!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I'm pretty sure he did...after all ow is 34k + money for conventional routes.

I have studied, and studied the Star routemap and I still can't find the route that takes you from down under to europe for 30-40k...as you say, surely it has to take you back closer to Ocenia than Asia but you couldn't have got there by connecting in Asia in the first place. Unless a destination is simply allocated to an incorrect zone in the system somewhere.
a little hint: its C6 - 1 and its miles only as well To your last question: MAYBE lol
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer

And here I am thinking this forum should be kept a secret lol
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by lsed
And here I am thinking this forum should be kept a secret lol
..., u and keeping a secret is like getting married for the pope

Last edited by flo_147; Jul 15, 2012 at 3:49 am
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:25 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Herb687
No EQM bonuses though for paid F/J on other Star Alliance carriers?
Looks like you earn 125% for business on Copa (full C only) and Iberia.

Also, you earn 100% for O on US Airways. Isn't that the code for an F-award ticket?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by flo_147
a little hint: its C6 - 1 and its miles only as well To your last question: MAYBE lol
I'm not sure what C6 refers to as LifeMiles doesn't seem to publish a zone concept. I fear I'll have to give up on this haystack!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I'm not sure what C6 refers to as LifeMiles doesn't seem to publish a zone concept. I fear I'll have to give up on this haystack!
I know C1 is North America and C2 is Europe.

I assume C6 is Oceania?

So that would presumably mean a fare that has to route via Europe to get from Oceania to North America? and you drop the Europe to USA leg?

If so, we've been looking at the wrong region for the drop city - we've been looking for a Asian city you can only get to via Europe when we should have been looking at a US city you can only get to via Europe.

Would that mean the Nth A city is incorrectly classified in the wrong zone in order to get it for so cheap?

Am I on the right track?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847
I know C1 is North America and C2 is Europe.

I assume C6 is Oceania?

So that would presumably mean a fare that has to route via Europe to get from Oceania to North America? and you drop the Europe to USA leg?

If so, we've been looking at the wrong region for the drop city - we've been looking for a Asian city you can only get to via Europe when we should have been looking at a US city you can only get to via Europe.

Would that mean the Nth A city is incorrectly classified in the wrong zone in order to get it for so cheap?

Am I on the right track?
Yes, I think you are. But I'll be damned if I can figure out what the city is. I suspect it's not an American city because any American city you can get to through Europe, you can also get to by taking one of those SYD/AKL to W. Coast flights. Similar reasoning for Canadian cities. So maybe it's something else in the Caribbean or in N. America?

BTW, how do you force BKK from Europe? I can force it ex-LHR but the crazy taxes kill it. Departing ex any other European city, even those which have direct TG flights to BKK, give me connections through MUC to a North Asian country...

Has anyone tried stopovers on the phone yet?

There is some bizarre stuff on the award chart. JNB-EZE costs more than SYD-EZE.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by abcx
Yes, I think you are. But I'll be damned if I can figure out what the city is. I suspect it's not an American city because any American city you can get to through Europe, you can also get to by taking one of those SYD/AKL to W. Coast flights. Similar reasoning for Canadian cities. So maybe it's something else in the Caribbean or in N. America?

BTW, how do you force BKK from Europe? I can force it ex-LHR but the crazy taxes kill it. Departing ex any other European city, even those which have direct TG flights to BKK, give me connections through MUC to a North Asian country...

Has anyone tried stopovers on the phone yet?

There is some bizarre stuff on the award chart. JNB-EZE costs more than SYD-EZE.
Then if Im right it would have to be a North American city that United don't fly to (as they service MEL and SYD and would not route you through Europe).

My first brilliant thought was Havana but AC service this for the exact reasons why UA don't.

There are about 100 North American destinations on the *A interactive route map (which is excellent by the way) but of the 10 or so random ones I tried they are either service by UA, US, CA or they have no flights at all.

I think without a clue from Flo we aren't going to solve this!

What do you mean force BKK? Where from/to? Surely you would select TG as the carrier as they are hub and spoke?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847
Then if Im right it would have to be a North American city that United don't fly to (as they service MEL and SYD and would not route you through Europe).

My first brilliant thought was Havana but AC service this for the exact reasons why UA don't.

There are about 100 North American destinations on the *A interactive route map (which is excellent by the way) but of the 10 or so random ones I tried they are either service by UA, US, CA or they have no flights at all.

I think without a clue from Flo we aren't going to solve this!

What do you mean force BKK? Where from/to? Surely you would select TG as the carrier as they are hub and spoke?
I thought HAV too but I can't get anything to HAV.

The BKK question was ex-EU for the reduced 20k price. You can't do only TG as your final destination isn't BKK and you need another airline to get to your final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.