Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:14 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by echino
Another observation: their website booking tool shows LX availability when neither ANA, nor Aeroplan show any. I think this may be phantom. Someone reported that it books, looks fine at first, but then turn out the LX segments are "waitlisted" and not actually confirmed.

flyinstyle, did you check whether those LX flights had been available on ANA or Aeroplan before you booked? Try calling LX and ask them whether you are confirmed for the flights. Let us know!
CRAP. This is why I bought LifeMiles! The flights I see available on LifeMiles also show as available on EF.com, so they could be "for real".

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Jul 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS,TK
Originally Posted by echino
Another observation: their website booking tool shows LX availability when neither ANA, nor Aeroplan show any. I think this may be phantom. Someone reported that it books, looks fine at first, but then turn out the LX segments are "waitlisted" and not actually confirmed.

flyinstyle, did you check whether those LX flights had been available on ANA or Aeroplan before you booked? Try calling LX and ask them whether you are confirmed for the flights. Let us know!

Checked on LX website , Confirmed...
Checked with friend in LX reservation .. Confirmed.. also seen the ticket no..

so I think it wont be a problem
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyinstyle
Checked on LX website , Confirmed...
Checked with friend in LX reservation .. Confirmed.. also seen the ticket no..

so I think it wont be a problem
Was this last minute? Did ANA or Aeroplan show inventory? I wonder if LX is blocking on their side using a blacklist and they haven't added AV/TA to the list yet.

Last edited by abcx; Jul 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
Was this last minuted? Did ANA or Aeroplan show inventory? I wonder if LX is blocking on their side using a blacklist and they haven't added AV/TA to the list yet.

I booked my flight 3 days ago... but I check it again .. NYC - ZRH still available.. on NOV 10 .. EWR - ZRH..
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:14 am

Also booked Swiss that didn't show up on ANA, ZRH -BKK. Confirmed and ticketed, just called Swiss to reserve seats.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847
Read the last few pages of this thread.
I've read the "last few pages" but I'm not sure if my question has been addressed.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Just to clarify, I'm asking about how the booking fee is calculated and whether it is possible to book a stopover on a one way ticket.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pogreen
I've read the "last few pages" but I'm not sure if my question has been addressed.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Just to clarify, I'm asking about how the booking fee is calculated and whether it is possible to book a stopover on a one way ticket.
Booking fee is variable on a number of factors so nobody really knows

You can book a stopover but not online only via a call centre, try TACA US call centre and it is unclear whether 2 sectors are then charged
Old Jul 28, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Also booked Swiss that didn't show up on ANA, ZRH -BKK. Confirmed and ticketed, just called Swiss to reserve seats.
How did you get the LX confirmation number?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Rom Sac
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
How did you get the LX confirmation number?

Using the lifemiles confirmation number and check your booking www.checkmytrip.com the u will find it
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by flyinstyle
Using the lifemiles confirmation number and check your booking www.checkmytrip.com the u will find it
Thanks, I had tried this but it didn't initially work. It looks like there is a delay during which time your flight is viewable on CMT but doesn't have the LX confirmation number. But now it showed up and all is fine.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:43 pm

I just called Avianca to booked a ticket in mixed cabin of coach and business. The agent told me that they could not do it. Did people have any luck with Taca?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by tylergupku
I just called Avianca to booked a ticket in mixed cabin of coach and business. The agent told me that they could not do it. Did people have any luck with Taca?
It's weird that they can't do this and just charge you the business rate for the whole trip - thats what USDM do.

Was this a Lifemiles *A redemption reservation? Did the agents speak ok English?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:21 pm

yes. He did. He was basically guided by a "supervisor" who speaks Spanish only. I was told they could not mix cabin classes.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by tylergupku
yes. He did. He was basically guided by a "supervisor" who speaks Spanish only. I was told they could not mix cabin classes.
Thanks for letting me know - thats good to hear - we were/are worried that redemptions can only be made in Spanish. I assume if you ring your ask for someone who speaks english and if they then say they cannot do redemptions you ask for them to be guided by a spanish speaking supervisor?

I don't suppose you were advised of what the booking fee through the call centre would be? What was your route?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Completed a purchase of miles and made a booking. Have the confirmation from life miles, can pull up the booking on cmt and also see an LX pnr. How do I know whether this has been ticketed yet? When pulling up the reservation on LX it says there's no eticket and to proceed to check in, but could that be because it's issued by another airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.