Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Sorry to bump his thread.

Flying HKG-ICN in C and ICN-LAX in F. Are we able to pre order meals for either of these flights?

Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
How does one pre-order meals? Is there a way on the Asiana website?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:02 am

You have to call the "Premium Service Center". In the USA, the number is +1 (213) 365-4577.

More info at us.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardContents.do?menuId=004001000000000&menuType=B OARD&boardCode=BOARD_NEWS&newsSeq=2049&newsCateCod e=NEWS01&boardCmd=VIEW
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by sadln
You have to call the "Premium Service Center". In the USA, the number is +1 (213) 365-4577.

More info at us.flyasiana.com/C/en/boardContents.do?menuId=004001000000000&menuType=B OARD&boardCode=BOARD_NEWS&newsSeq=2049&newsCateCod e=NEWS01&boardCmd=VIEW
Just for the record, I have been calling this number for several days now, without success. At this very moment I have been on hold for 43 minutes and counting..."all our agents are on the line, your call is very important to us"...
Giving up now.

Anybody else had similar experiences?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:15 pm

afmiami, How about try their reservation number?
(800) 227-4262
option "2" English
option "5" reservations and ticketing
option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds
I called them couple weeks ago for my ICN-FRA F seat assignment. Before I hangup, the lady who helped me reminded me to call them one month before my departure date to pre-order my meals.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by 50_fishing
afmiami, How about try their reservation number?
(800) 227-4262
option "2" English
option "5" reservations and ticketing
option "#" not a member and a friendly voice answered "Hello, Asiana" in 2 seconds
I called them couple weeks ago for my ICN-FRA F seat assignment. Before I hangup, the lady who helped me reminded me to call them one month before my departure date to pre-order my meals.
Thank you, it worked. I pre-ordered my meal, same flight ICN-FRA, however I could get only one choice, the rest on board, at least she said so.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Anyone with follow up to the do or don't pre-order ex ICN in F? On the way in on NH F, I cherry picked the Japanese and Western menus, which I enjoyed. I'd like to do the same here but it sounds like there might not be any Korean meals on board without pre ordering?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
We didn't order anything but here is the menu I had an agent email me before our trip. She said you can only preorder Korean food departing ICN.

1.궁중 섭산적 더덕구이 반상

Seopsanjeok Deodeok Gui

[Grilled Beef Patty abd bonnet bellflower root]

B1

2.궁중 갈비찜 반상

Galbi Jjim

[Braised Short Ribs]

B2
3.궁중 송이버섯산적 반상

Songi Sanjeok

[Skewered Beef Tenderloin with Pine Mushroom]

B3

4.궁중 은대구구이 반상

Eundaegu Gui

[Grilled Silver Cod with Soy Sauce]

F1

5.궁중 전복삼합찜 반상

Jeonbok Jjim

[Braised Abalone, Sea Cucumber and Prawn]

F2

6.궁중 비빔반상

Bibimbap

[Steamed rice mixed with vegetables, sautéed beef]

K1

7.궁중 쇠갈비 쌈상

Ssam Sang

[Grilled Beef and varous kinds of leafy vegetables]

V1

8.궁중 우럭매우탕 반상

Eureog Maeuntang

[Spicy Rock Fish Soup]

T1

9.궁중 도미맑은탕 반상

Domi Tang

[Seabream Clear Soup]

T2

10.궁중 쇠고기 전복맑은탕 반상

Soegogi Jeon bok Tang

[Beef and Abalone Clear Soup]

T3
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by keloutwest
I'd like to do the same here but it sounds like there might not be any Korean meals on board without pre ordering?
Of course there will be a Korean meal. Pre-order just allows a wider range of options than the Korean selection on the menu.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
We just stepped off JFK-ICN in F and had a wonderful experience overall. We did not pre-order and my wife was able to get the Korean meal as pointed above (and really enjoyed it).

Flight was superb overall - the mid-flight snack of spicy ramen knocked my socks off!

Enjoy your flight (be prepared for the warm temps though - we requested the FAs to turn the temp down a bit).
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
We just stepped off JFK-ICN in F and had a wonderful experience overall.

Enjoy your flight (be prepared for the warm temps though - we requested the FAs to turn the temp down a bit).
Are there any personal air vents on JFK-ICN in F? If I can point the vent to me, I usually can get by. Maybe change into shorts and a short sleeve shirt? Like being at a hot beach?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
We just stepped off JFK-ICN in F and had a wonderful experience overall. We did not pre-order and my wife was able to get the Korean meal as pointed above (and really enjoyed it).

Flight was superb overall - the mid-flight snack of spicy ramen knocked my socks off!

Agreed, wonderful experience overall!!!!!! They did have a personal air vent in the first class suite so I was able to point that towards me to help keep my body temp down.

For champagne, they had the Pol Roget 2000 Winston Churchill & a few bottles of 1995 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires. Great food & wines.

The only bad thing was that the man sitting in the seat in front of me took ill mid-Pacific, with initial symptoms of a heart attack. A family member travelling with me stabilized him and monitored his vitals for the decision to land or not land in Anchorage. Passenger's wife was brought up from coach after 90 minutes. I suggested she take my seat behind her husband to help monitor him and the crew agreed. Helped the wife move her stuff to first, and I took the one open first seat. We made it to JFK with the patient a lot better. Helping with the medical emergency was stressful, but a great relief that he recovered.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by BF263533
The only bad thing was that the man sitting in the seat in front of me took ill mid-Pacific, with initial symptoms of a heart attack. A family member travelling with me stabilized him and monitored his vitals for the decision to land or not land in Anchorage. Passenger's wife was brought up from coach after 90 minutes. I suggested she take my seat behind her husband to help monitor him and the crew agreed. Helped the wife move her stuff to first, and I took the one open first seat. We made it to JFK with the patient a lot better. Helping with the medical emergency was stressful, but a great relief that he recovered.
That does sound very stressful. Good on you and your family to help out though, very admirable behavior!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
I do hope that the passenger was flying F for work and that is why his wife was in Y as he had brought her along. If that is not the case and she suddenly realised the difference between her coach seat and the F seat he secured for himself, he might be okay after the in-air incident but he won't be okay after she gets hold of him on the ground.

Originally Posted by BF263533
Agreed, wonderful experience overall!!!!!! They did have a personal air vent in the first class suite so I was able to point that towards me to help keep my body temp down.

For champagne, they had the Pol Roget 2000 Winston Churchill & a few bottles of 1995 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires. Great food & wines.

Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:43 am

Which pair, 747-400 Combi ICN-HAN??

Flying on miles, this is the last leg (IAD-PEK, PEK-ICN, ICN-HAN). My wife and I are travelling, this whole trip will be her first in first, which will be great because that's a LOOOOONG trip!!

Question is, we currently have 4E/F (that middle pair). Others are available. I could get 2K/3K, 3A/4A (so we both have windows), or 4A/E (but I think the middle pair doesn't align with the window seats, right?). Or, I could go upstairs and get a pair together on either side, 8J/K, 9A/B, 9J/K, 11A/B, 11J/K.

5.5 hour evening flight, after a 2 hour flight after a 19 hour flight.

Recommendations???

Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.