Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by imm2b
We were on ICN-LAX last week in F. We wanted the Korean meal, however, the FA told us that it would have to be pre-ordered, so we ended up with the Western meals. It wasn't too bad. Out of the 10 pax in F, we were the only 2 non-Korean, 6 pax got Korean meals, another Korean couple and us didn't get it because like us they didn't pre-order.
This is a standard procedure for all long haul F flights out of ICN. Korean and Chinese meal must be pre-ordered, and there are lengthy threads in this board, as well as trip reports discussing about this issue. It does also sounds like you may encounter one of OZ's "robot" that stictly follow the rules, usually they have no problem to get the korean dish from C or Y and put it on F setting for you.

If you flew the LAX-ICN portion as well, you actually see it listed in the menus about your return flight Korean and Chinese menus has to be pre-ordered.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 7, 2009 at 11:41 am
Old Jul 7, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
This is a standard procedure for all long haul F flights out of ICN. Korean and Chinese meal must be pre-ordered, and there are lengthy threads in this board, as well as trip reports discussing about this issue.

If you flew the LAX-ICN portion as well, you actually see it listed in the menus about your return flight Korean and Chinese menus has to be pre-ordered.
If you fly ex-USA to ICN (i.e. LAX or JFK) to ICN do you have to pre-order Korean as well? Or it is going to be available?

Is Korean meal available in fish/vegetarian option or it is meat only? Is it meat easy to remove?

Last edited by iztok; Jul 7, 2009 at 9:49 am Reason: s/avaiable/available/
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iztok
If you fly ex-USA to ICN (i.e. LAX or JFK) to ICN do you have to pre-order Korean as well? Or it is going to be available?

Is Korean meal available in fish/vegetarian option or it is meat only? Is it meat easy to remove?
Ex USA to ICN, no need to pre order, only for flights ex-ICN

Korean meal you mean ex ICN or ex USA ? If it is ex US, korean meal will either have bi bim bap or ssamp bap, you get either one on the menus, they rotate every three months or so, neither one available in fish/vegetarian option, however it is very easy to use the spoon to remove the small amount of beef in the dish.

Ex ICN- all pre-order Korean and chinese meal have beef inside, mix with different stuff like seafood, etc. But none of those are only fish/vegetarian unless you choose western option. Asians generally are not picky will eat everything that is good and tasty.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 7, 2009 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by iztok

Here is a recent pic of the Royal Korean meal:

As you can see, the fish is separated, but the beef is in the middle of the bowl. I don't know what is done on board, but you might ask the FA's to remove it.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
Here is a recent pic of the Royal Korean meal

As you can see, the fish is separated, but the beef is in the middle of the bowl. I don't know what is done on board, but you might ask the FA's to remove it.
This need to be clear for those who don't know about, the photo is bi bim bap, it is one of the Korean entrees rotate regularly with Ssam Bap ex-US to ICN. Bi Bim Bap and Ssam Bab are both beef base, never have fish in it. Fish is a side dish like Kimchi.

Some Pre-ordered Royal Korean meal ex-ICN to US does have fish or seafood mix with as entree rather than as side dish. Therefore don't confuse other first timers all Royal Korean meals have fish separated, as there are more than one kind of Royal Korean meal.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
This need to be clear for those who don't know about, the photo is bi bim bap, it is one of the Korean entrees rotate regularly with Ssam Bap ex-US to ICN. Bi Bim Bap and Ssam Bab are both beef base, never have fish in it. Fish is a side dish like Kimchi.

Some Pre-ordered Royal Korean meal ex-ICN to US does have fish or seafood mix with as entree rather than as side dish. Therefore don't confuse other first timers all Royal Korean meals have fish separated, as there are more than one kind of Royal Korean meal.
Yes, you are correct! I probably should have specified.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:51 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
I am also flying for the first time in F on Asiana in October (LAX-ICN OZ 201 and the return on OZ 202). Any other tips for the "newb"?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
I am also flying for the first time in F on Asiana in October (LAX-ICN OZ 201 and the return on OZ 202). Any other tips for the "newb"?
Read the five threads that all answer the same question.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:01 pm
b8b

Originally Posted by macabus
Read the five threads that all answer the same question.
Nice. Thanks. I will keep reading and try ti find and post here those 5 threads you are referring to (not coming up for me searching for OZ 201) here since we don't have any thread wiki's like some decent forums posses with decent folk that take the time to help rather than be snarky.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:43 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by b8b
Nice. Thanks. I will keep reading and try ti find and post here those 5 threads you are referring to (not coming up for me searching for OZ 201) here since we don't have any thread wiki's like some decent forums posses with decent folk that take the time to help rather than be snarky.
A search brings up the following threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...cn-lax-oz.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...kg-f-food.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...inal-part.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-part-2-a.html

Pre-ordering of the Korean or Chinese Option is essential ex ICN not 100% sure if this also applies to flights from outstations.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by b8b
In addition to the four threads posted above, here are several more that were found with a quick search:

First time in OZ F -- few questions

Review of F from ICN to LAX

OZ F Champagne Offering

Help with First Class seating on 747

Asiana Newbie Questions

OZ F - Thank You Gift

First Class ICN-LAX on OZ

Amazing service at OZ F lounge at ICN

Pre-ordering Royal Korean Meal in F

Lax>icn oz f 747
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:48 am
b8b

Looks like I just got pwnd.

Thank you DownUnderFlyer and Macabus for your patience with me as well as your time and efforts in gathering these threads. It was very kind of you to go out of your way in spite of my own "snarky" remarks, for which I ask both of your forgiveness.

I will read them all thoroughly. I had read through several threads, but my searches only revealed the threads Review of F from ICN to LAX and
First Class ICN-LAX on OZ, both of which I read and the latter of which you both just referenced. I apologize for missing the rest of these.

Are these threads perhaps worthy of a sticky/FAQ for Asiana Club? It may be helpful for others as well.

Last edited by b8b; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by b8b
Looks like I just got pwnd.

Thank you DownUnderFlyer and Macabus for your patience with me as well as your time and efforts in gathering these threads. It was very kind of you to go out of your way in spite of my own "snarky" remarks, for which I ask both of your forgiveness.

I will read them all thoroughly. I had read through several threads, but my searches only revealed the threads Review of F from ICN to LAX and
First Class ICN-LAX on OZ, both of which I read and the latter of which you both just referenced. I apologize for missing the rest of these.

Are these threads perhaps worthy of a sticky/FAQ for Asiana Club? It may be helpful for others as well.
No worries. Always glad to help. If you have any specific questions feel free to post them any maybe someone knows the answer.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:25 am
b8b

Originally Posted by nov11
Thanks for the heads up! I am not that worried for the old 74M on my ICN-PVG flight...but I am worried about my LAX-ICN flight! I heard that there are quite a few substitutions for OZ 201/202.
If they downgrade you from F to C due to equipment change, is there any compensation? I am on an award ticket.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b8b
If they downgrade you from F to C due to equipment change, is there any compensation? I am on an award ticket.
You are referring to a post when the old 74M was still existed, that plane has since gone to convert to freighter, so your chances are slim to none.

However, if there is for some reason your 747 got swapped to a 2 class 777, no you are not gonna get any compensation on an award ticket, as it is only one segment of your entire trip in C, your other segments still in F. Award tickets no matter one segment in F or all segments in F still charge F miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.