Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by DudeOnTheRun
Flying on miles, this is the last leg (IAD-PEK, PEK-ICN, ICN-HAN). My wife and I are travelling, this whole trip will be her first in first, which will be great because that's a LOOOOONG trip!!

Question is, we currently have 4E/F (that middle pair). Others are available. I could get 2K/3K, 3A/4A (so we both have windows), or 4A/E (but I think the middle pair doesn't align with the window seats, right?). Or, I could go upstairs and get a pair together on either side, 8J/K, 9A/B, 9J/K, 11A/B, 11J/K.

5.5 hour evening flight, after a 2 hour flight after a 19 hour flight.

Recommendations???

Thanks so much!
Early this month, my wife and I was on OZ541 ICN-FRA, 4E/4F worked for us. The F cabin was empty, we could have seated any where we wanted. 4E/4F are the only two F seats together on 747 Combi. 2K/3K, 3A/4A pair would be very hard to have a conversation with your wife. OTOH, any seat pair would be fine if both of you are going to sleep after your 19 hours flight.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by 50_fishing
Early this month, my wife and I was on OZ541 ICN-FRA, 4E/4F worked for us. The F cabin was empty, we could have seated any where we wanted. 4E/4F are the only two F seats together on 747 Combi. 2K/3K, 3A/4A pair would be very hard to have a conversation with your wife. OTOH, any seat pair would be fine if both of you are going to sleep after your 19 hours flight.
Hey thanks 50! Good info... I suspect we'll probably be awake by then, but it will be evening (land at 10pm) so not much to see.

Any advice/thoughts on the upstairs on the 747? Never been up there...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Hey thanks 50! Good info... I suspect we'll probably be awake by then, but it will be evening (land at 10pm) so not much to see.

Aren't you flying F?

Upstairs on the OZ 747 is J cabin, as is the case with most airlines that fly the 747.

my preference in the F cabin of a 747 is a window seat, especially in rows 1 or 2 because of the unique view. Due to the curvature of the nose, you get an almost head-on view of where the plane is flying.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:06 am

Upstairs is only J seats. You would be better off keep 4E/4F which are F seats. Some OZ 747 route doesn't have F services. You can book J and reserve F seats with J services. I will be on OZ722 HKG-ICN 747 Combi in couple days. Booked as J and reserved seats 4E/4F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.