Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

First Time in Asiana F - Any Stuff I can Pre-Order?

Old Jun 21, 2009, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+

I'll be flying in OZ F in a couple of weeks (LAX-ICN-PVG - both sectors in F). What can I do to maximize my OZ F experience? Any special meals I can pre-order (e.g. the Imperial meal)?

And by any chance if anyone knows if (as of right now) OZ 201 (LAX-ICN) on July 3 will be on the new F?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt
I would recommend ordering the Imperial meal (Ssambimbap or Bibimbap). Definately an experience if you have not tried it before. Caviar is not served (at least the last time I took OZ in F a couple of months ago). Expect superior service, drinks always topped off and a very comfortable lie-flat seat. Enjoy!!!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GolfTravelr
I would recommend ordering the Imperial meal (Ssambimbap or Bibimbap). Definately an experience if you have not tried it before.
Is that available ex-LAX? If it's only ex-ICN - can I get it for 505 mile flight between ICN and PVG?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by GolfTravelr
I would recommend ordering the Imperial meal (Ssambimbap or Bibimbap). Definately an experience if you have not tried it before. Caviar is not served (at least the last time I took OZ in F a couple of months ago). Expect superior service, drinks always topped off and a very comfortable lie-flat seat. Enjoy!!!
There is no need to pre-order the Korean meal, as either ssam bap or bibimbap will be in the menus, and since OP is in F, there is no worry about not able to get the choice. And btw, it is not called imperial meal, it is Royal Korean meal, basically it is same as C, except F got 3 more side dishes and put on a wooden tray. Caviar is served on the return flight.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Caviar is served on the return flight.
Caviar is served ex-LAX, not ex-ICN on this flight.

There's the Royal Korean meal for pre-order, and the Chinese meal which I much enjoyed. But the Western menu options are IMHO high quality.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff

There's the Royal Korean meal for pre-order, and the Chinese meal which I much enjoyed. But the Western menu options are IMHO high quality.
That is for ex-ICN only.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
yes of course
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

That is for ex-ICN only.
Since I am flying LAX-ICN-PVG (return on SQ)...can I preorder the Royal Korean meal for my ICN-PVG flight?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 4:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by nov11
Since I am flying LAX-ICN-PVG (return on SQ)...can I preorder the Royal Korean meal for my ICN-PVG flight?
I don't think so. Having said this, I had some amazing food on ICN-NRT flights which are not that much longer than ICN-PVG.

Other than that, just try to enjoy the flight. It should be a nice, well rounded experience. Maybe not the wow factor of SQ suits but still a truly first class experience.

Happy flying!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, should have be more clear, it is ex-ICN to the US in F.

However, the korean meal for ICN-PVG is exactly the same as Royal Korean meal for long haul, same setting, same quality, it is just you don't have a choice, either Ssam bap or bi bim bap.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, should have be more clear, it is ex-ICN to the US in F.

However, the korean meal for ICN-PVG is exactly the same as Royal Korean meal for long haul, same setting, same quality, it is just you don't have a choice, either Ssam bap or bi bim bap.
Sweet! Thank you! This must be one of the best 500 mile flight ever! ^

Now if only UA follows OZ's food offering on a 500 mile flight!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now if only UA follows OZ's food offering on a 500 mile flight!
Remember there is a slight chance the old 74M can also appear on ICN-PVG as well. You are going to see the seat is a lot worse than UA F.

Btw, the korean meal bi bim bap or ssam bap is nice because of the setting, not because of food. When OZ used to serve lobster in shell for F intra asia like HKG and PVG, now that is something amazing and unforgettable. Sadly, it is gone due to cost cutting, as well as the western soup.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 23, 2009 at 10:28 pm
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Remember there is a slight chance the old 74M can also appear on ICN-PVG as well. You are going to see the seat is a lot worse than UA F.
Thanks for the heads up! I am not that worried for the old 74M on my ICN-PVG flight...but I am worried about my LAX-ICN flight! I heard that there are quite a few substitutions for OZ 201/202.

And I am allergic to lobster...so no lobster thermidor for me in SQ F!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, KE, OZ Hyatt Platinum, Int Ambassador,
No need to pre-order anything. Infact, I may even go on to saying Dont pre order. The last time I was on ICN-LAX route, I made a mistake of pre-ordering seafood, abalone i think it was and during the meal, everyone else has gotten appetizers for both korean and western meals except for me! When I inquired about this and asked for the appetizer, the FA said it was not loaded as I pre ordered the meal and it was already set. Everyone else had choice to choose whatever they wanted, I ended up with what I had pre-ordered period. I was so hung over at that time to care but now that I think about it, how could that be? I would assume in First class in OZ, u would think they would have spare meals and appetizers just in case.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:37 pm

We were on ICN-LAX last week in F. We wanted the Korean meal, however, the FA told us that it would have to be pre-ordered, so we ended up with the Western meals. It wasn't too bad. Out of the 10 pax in F, we were the only 2 non-Korean, 6 pax got Korean meals, another Korean couple and us didn't get it because like us they didn't pre-order.

Oz First Class experience is in indeed special. The FAs anticipated all of your need before you even asked. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.