Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: truncated
First Suite
P 200%

First
F,A 150%
O 0%

Business Smartium
J 135%

Business
C,D,Z 125%
U 100%
I,R 0%

Travel
Y,B,M,H,E,Q,K,S 100%
G(Group Discount Tickets) 80%
V,W 70%
T 50%
L,X,N 0%
Print Wikipost

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011 | 11:10 am
Original Poster
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by davetastic
hi all-

i'm booking a ticket shortly with asiana via a discount travel site, but have actually never read a fare code before...

if i see "VSPIN2M" the first letter indicates the care class V?

if so, i take it that i only get 70% EQM/RDM from united?

thanks!
dave ^
Hi Dave!

Yes, this is correct. Usually the first letter indicates the fare class and yes, V class earns 70% on United.
Old Dec 19, 2011 | 11:01 pm
50 Countries Visited500k60 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Amb, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Hi All,

I need to fly SIN-ICN-SIN in February and wanted to desperately try OZ (as opposed to SQ, which I fly all the time and already several times to ICN).

Now... I'm looking at the bookings on OZ and I get two fares: "3 Month ECO Special" (Economy Restricted) and "Normal ECO 1 Year" (Travel).

When I click on either rate descriptions, I get 100% accrual on OZ. Fine. However, I'm trying to get the miles on KrisFlyer... so I need to know the exact booking class.

After selecting the fares and the flights, I can click on "Purchase conditions" and I get this:

Full rule text

Full Rule Text for adult(s)

1 - psgr p1 adt rules display
fare component 1 adt sinsel oz ble3msg pu 1 s
fcl: ble3msg trf: 8 rule: s600 bk: b
ptc: adt-adult ftc: xex-regular excursion

or this

Full rule text

Full Rule Text for adult(s)

1 - psgr p1 adt rules display
fare component 1 adt sinsel oz ylrtsg pu 1 s
fcl: ylrtsg trf: 8 rule: s000 bk: y
ptc: adt-adult ftc: xex-regular excursion

I assume the booking classes are B and Y?.... therefore I would get 100% accrual on SQ (only V and W accrue 70%).
Old Dec 23, 2011 | 9:47 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I assume the booking classes are B and Y?.... therefore I would get 100% accrual on SQ (only V and W accrue 70%).
The fare codes are strange. The offer restricted Y fares and very different other fares. But you are right, normally they should post as B and Y fares. Also note that there is a MLE3MSG fare which is even cheaper than your B fare.
Old Dec 29, 2011 | 12:13 pm

Programs: TG Silver, OZ Diamond
Unhappy Lufthansa K class ineligible to credit miles on Asiana

Anyone know about the Lufthansa earning table.

i just flew Lufthansa on a K class ticket from ICN- FRA and agent told me this class is no longer eligble to credit miles into Asiana club. I went to the Asiana Club counter to pick up their newest handbook and found out to be true.

Did anyone know when it started to be effective cause it didn't stated in the handbook and i was in the hurry so didn't queue up to ask Asiana Club staff. And both the handbook uploaded in the website still stated is able to credit miles though.

My flight from FRA-ICN which booked under the same class (flew this sector back on 20th Dec) was not credited though.

Was thinking to use this cheap fare to keep my asiana diamond status initially
Old Jan 1, 2012 | 10:07 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Andesw
Anyone know about the Lufthansa earning table.

i just flew Lufthansa on a K class ticket from ICN- FRA and agent told me this class is no longer eligble to credit miles into Asiana club. I went to the Asiana Club counter to pick up their newest handbook and found out to be true.

Did anyone know when it started to be effective cause it didn't stated in the handbook and i was in the hurry so didn't queue up to ask Asiana Club staff. And both the handbook uploaded in the website still stated is able to credit miles though.

My flight from FRA-ICN which booked under the same class (flew this sector back on 20th Dec) was not credited though.

Was thinking to use this cheap fare to keep my asiana diamond status initially
It was changed on 1st August 2011. At that time, U class was increased from 50% to 100%.
Old Jan 1, 2012 | 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I don't think T Fares can earn miles either, right?
Old Jan 2, 2012 | 7:25 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I don't think T Fares can earn miles either, right?
On which airline? They get 80% on OZ but nothing on LH.
Old Jun 16, 2012 | 3:04 am

Programs: M&M: FTL; A3: *G; Hertz: #1 Club Gold President's Circle
Hi,
I look now if I stay with M&M or if I go to OZ.
I try to understand the table http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=CLUB15200
For example for a European flight with LH or LX, it seems that this is the real distance that counts? is this correct??

Exemple:
For a flight BRU-ZRH, real distance +/-300 miles
They give 100% in unrestricted Y and 125% in C so we receive Y: 300 miles and C:375 miles that become Y:500miles and C:625miles with the "minimum mileage".
and
BRU-LIS : +/-1000 miles real distance and because it exceeds the minimum mileage we receive 1000 miles in Y and 1250 miles in C

Is this correct?
Old Jul 11, 2012 | 1:43 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by release
Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct.
Old Jul 17, 2012 | 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
just a bit of data as I'm looking to fly from NYC to SE Asia in economy but want to accrue 100% with US Air. Called up the booking reps and learned that go from the cheapest fare (V; only 50% miles) to cheapest that earns 100% with dividend miles (K) costs about $150 more.
Old Jul 18, 2012 | 7:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
I'm super disappointed in OZ' policy towards recognizing LH miles. Basically anything you book on 'economy basic' on the LH website will usually not credit you ANY miles (E ticket, at a price that doesn't really ring terribly discounted), 'basic plus' will often only get you 50% (S) for tickets that sometimes run you as much as an OZ Y fare. So I've resigned to crediting those flights to my otherwise dormant UA account.

Another crediting question, I missed my LH flight from FRA to ICN due to my train from QKL being super delayed a while back. The train was part of my LH itinerary, so I was able to get rebooked on an ANA flight. Only problem: my OZ acount got credited 50% for an ANA L ticket instead of my 100% for LH M. I went to the OZ service center in Seoul, called various LH service centers in FRA and ICN, but nobody had a clue about whether I could get the missing miles credited. Anyone know if this is standard policy for rebookings due to delay?

Last edited by jon503; Jul 24, 2012 at 12:25 am
Old Aug 22, 2012 | 10:02 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

My experience when dealing with OZ is that they will give you whatever the higher miles were. So I would try to work with them using the German or London office. There is a good chance you can get what you paid for.
Old Aug 23, 2012 | 10:10 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
My experience when dealing with OZ is that they will give you whatever the higher miles were. So I would try to work with them using the German or London office. There is a good chance you can get what you paid for.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, LH kept my boarding passes after they had requested them after a call to their office in Germany and I've only got the photocopies I made. I'll make sure to remember your advice in case this happens again though.
Old Aug 25, 2012 | 9:54 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by jon503
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, LH kept my boarding passes after they had requested them after a call to their office in Germany and I've only got the photocopies I made. I'll make sure to remember your advice in case this happens again though.
Copies should be sufficient. No need for originals.
Old Jan 21, 2013 | 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Flew United from EWR-IST on a V fare upgraded to R with miles. Am at a loss understanding why I would be denied mileage since paying for a V fare. BP shows my Asiana number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.