Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: truncated
First Suite
P 200%

First
F,A 150%
O 0%

Business Smartium
J 135%

Business
C,D,Z 125%
U 100%
I,R 0%

Travel
Y,B,M,H,E,Q,K,S 100%
G(Group Discount Tickets) 80%
V,W 70%
T 50%
L,X,N 0%
Print Wikipost

Asiana Earnings Table by Booking Class

Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyverII
Flew United from EWR-IST on a V fare upgraded to R with miles. Am at a loss understanding why I would be denied mileage since paying for a V fare. BP shows my Asiana number.
It can happen on an upgraded fare: all the computer sees is that you flew in R and therefore denies you credit. Just retro-claim it, pointing out that you were upgraded and you are claiming miles based on the original booking class.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I see a return ticket from SIN to ICN.
The outbound flight OZ752 is in K class. I assume that 100% flying miles can be accrued to UA. The inbound flight OZ 6789 is operated by Singapore Airlines in Q class. I am not sure if the inbound flight can accrue any miles. If I refer to OZ at UA website, Q can accrue 100% miles to UA. But if I refer to SQ at UA site, Q class can accrue no miles. Which one is correct?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by citroenc4
I see a return ticket from SIN to ICN.
The outbound flight OZ752 is in K class. I assume that 100% flying miles can be accrued to UA. The inbound flight OZ 6789 is operated by Singapore Airlines in Q class. I am not sure if the inbound flight can accrue any miles. If I refer to OZ at UA website, Q can accrue 100% miles to UA. But if I refer to SQ at UA site, Q class can accrue no miles. Which one is correct?
This is difficult to answer. What you would need to know is what SQ booking class is mapped to OZ Q class. This might be SQ Q but might be something completely different. Maybe you can call SQ to find out or search the SQ board for more information.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
This is probably somewhat off-topic, but I was just discussing with a friend whether the fact that a certain ticket does not earn any miles can be tied in with profitability of that ticket to the airline. I.e. would it be a reasonably accurate assessment to say that -setting aside partner airline flights, just if you're flying the metal you are crediting your miles to - if you get no miles the airline is not profiting from your ticket?

I'm just curious whether miles could serve as an indicator and thought I'd see if there's someone in the know.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:24 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Determining profitability of one particular ticket is impossible given the complexities of airline yield management and pricing. Flying airplanes empty, with seats free definitely creates a loss, but how one determines the profit from each seat is difficult. Airlines typically quote profit contribution from a particular cabin class, not particular buckets.

There are several examples of discounted premium economy / business buckets that earn more miles that typically price lower than flexible economy fares, examples being A,P on SK, Z on LH, A on TK
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:10 pm

Have an incoming trip with Asiana. Called them and they told me the Fare basis code is 2LXEE, does it mean it is an "E" ticket?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:05 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by delmolino
Have an incoming trip with Asiana. Called them and they told me the Fare basis code is 2LXEE, does it mean it is an "E" ticket?
i am not sure but I don't think so. I would call them to clarify.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:39 pm

Just wondering if the minimum miles earned on United Airlines flights is now actual distance flown instead of 500 miles. I noticed that on several of my San Francisco - Los Angeles flights were credited with 337 miles. Earlier in the year, I was still getting 500. Anyone know when Asiana changed the policy?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Gold
Post Mileage Accrual Table by Class

Mileage Accrual Table by Class

First Suite
P 200%

First
F, 150%
O 0%

Business Smartium
J 135%

Business
C,D,Z 125%
U 100%
I,R 0%

Travel
Y,B,M,H,E,Q,K,S 100%
T,G(Group Discount Tickets) 80%
V,W 70%
L,X,N 0%
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Gold
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Just wondering if the minimum miles earned on United Airlines flights is now actual distance flown instead of 500 miles. I noticed that on several of my San Francisco - Los Angeles flights were credited with 337 miles. Earlier in the year, I was still getting 500. Anyone know when Asiana changed the policy?
Based on the current mileage accrual table for UA, it seems Minimum Miles earned is based on actual distance flown. No changes since it was introduced in 2003.03.01 as per the table. Maybe they finally corrected it after all these years?

Classes that Earn Mileage
Classes that Earn Mileage First F, A 150%
Business C, D, Z, J 125%
P 100%
Economy Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L, G, N 100%
Mileage Earning Not Available O, I, X 0%
Minimum Miles Earned C/Y Actual Distance
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Based on the current mileage accrual table for UA, it seems Minimum Miles earned is based on actual distance flown. No changes since it was introduced in 2003.03.01 as per the table. Maybe they finally corrected it after all these years?

Classes that Earn Mileage First F, A 150%
Business C, D, Z, J 125%
P 100%
Economy Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L, G, N 100%
Mileage Earning Not Available O, I, X 0%
Minimum Miles Earned C/Y Actual Distance
So collecting on Asiana Club and flying United Express in the USA can I earn miles? I had some flights eg. UA5446 in "V' class and UA5345 in "W" calss that did not earn miles.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wedotravel
So collecting on Asiana Club and flying United Express in the USA can I earn miles? I had some flights eg. UA5446 in "V' class and UA5345 in "W" calss that did not earn miles.
The problem is that sometimes flight on small none jet equipment operated by Skywest and Co just don't earn miles. Not documented, not consistent.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, OZ Diamond
Hi I got a question to you guys.
I've already called Asiana club, but they were useless.
I'm going to fly LOT airlines U class domestic flight and i want to accrue to Asiana. However class U in LOT is not mentioned in Asiana accrual charts at all
Classes that Earn Mileage Business C, D 150%
Z 100%
Economy Premium P A 100%
Economy Y, B 100%
M 70%
E, H, K, Q, T, V, G 50%
W, L, S 25%
Mileage Earning Not Available R, N, O, I, X 0%
Minimum Miles Earned C / Y 625 / 500

It's not even mentioned as 0% earning. Anybody has some clue on whether it at least earns 25%?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by hellosweets
Hi I got a question to you guys.
I've already called Asiana club, but they were useless.
I'm going to fly LOT airlines U class domestic flight and i want to accrue to Asiana. However class U in LOT is not mentioned in Asiana accrual charts at all
Classes that Earn Mileage Business C, D 150%
Z 100%
Economy Premium P A 100%
Economy Y, B 100%
M 70%
E, H, K, Q, T, V, G 50%
W, L, S 25%
Mileage Earning Not Available R, N, O, I, X 0%
Minimum Miles Earned C / Y 625 / 500

It's not even mentioned as 0% earning. Anybody has some clue on whether it at least earns 25%?
Be careful to check to make sure this isn't operated by EuroLOT-- I'm not sure if they're a *A affiliate, so I'd be cautious expecting miles regardless. Otherwise, I'd still assume that class U earns no miles, as it's not listed on their chart.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by sadln
Be careful to check to make sure this isn't operated by EuroLOT-- I'm not sure if they're a *A affiliate, so I'd be cautious expecting miles regardless. Otherwise, I'd still assume that class U earns no miles, as it's not listed on their chart.
there are flights operated by LOT (this one I take), however in the past I was able to accrue to A3 on eurolot flight. So I'm really in huge doubts if I gonna earn something

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.