Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

New OZ Elite Membership Qualifying/Maintenance Standard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New OZ Elite Membership Qualifying/Maintenance Standard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
My requalification period is 09/20 to 08/22 and I have already requalified.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
My qualification period ends on 10/31 and they did not seem to extend it at all. I miss 4100 miles to reach 30k miles.
Does anyone know if I can email somewhere to ask for an extension?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
My qualification period ends on 10/31 and they did not seem to extend it at all. I miss 4100 miles to reach 30k miles.
I managed to get my qualification period extended by emailing [email protected]

They simply told me to email them shortly after my qualification period so they could manually upgrade my status. From the time I emailed them until I saw my new status in the app took a couple of days only. Now good to go for the next 24months.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Did they extend the qualifying period from 2 to 4 years, or did they just shifted the qualifying period and you lost the status miles earned in the last 2 years?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:16 am

They extended the qualification period i.e., if my 24 months (qualification period) was meant to expire in Aug 2021, they extended that (which I understand is possible up to Jan/Feb 2022 latest per the Asiana covid guidance). In my case, I only needed a couple of weeks' extension to trigger the next OZ level, as I had flights booked already in September. Hope this helps
SPlDER and ithinkurdumb like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:47 pm

What exactly is OZs extension criteria?
My maintenance period is April 2020-2022.

With the current situation, I've not had the opportunity to fly at all since my maintenance period started. It seems a bit unreasonable to basically cut my maintenance period down to essential a few months, assuming travel picks back up shortly.

It seems like OZ is doing extensions purely based on what the situation is like when your maintenance period expires.... Seems unfortunately for me, my timing is going to result in me losing out on ability to requalify.

​​​​​
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin
im in the same boat.. qualification ends 12/31
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV
They extended the qualification period i.e., if my 24 months (qualification period) was meant to expire in Aug 2021, they extended that (which I understand is possible up to Jan/Feb 2022 latest per the Asiana covid guidance). In my case, I only needed a couple of weeks' extension to trigger the next OZ level, as I had flights booked already in September. Hope this helps
so you mean if the qualification period ends february 2022 it will be extended to february 2023?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by racerxpa2000
so you mean if the qualification period ends february 2022 it will be extended to february 2023?
I got the same period and are curious if they extend it automatically or do I have to contact OZ? Because in November I have some flights and dont know exactly to credit it to OZ or another *A program.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:09 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by JFSV
I managed to get my qualification period extended by emailing [email protected]

They simply told me to email them shortly after my qualification period so they could manually upgrade my status. From the time I emailed them until I saw my new status in the app took a couple of days only. Now good to go for the next 24months.
Your status was extended for 24 months after it elapsed?

LAX
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by LAX
Your status was extended for 24 months after it elapsed?

LAX
No, just the 24months evaluation period to attain status. Once I got the new status, then the regular 24 months duration kicked in.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Just saw this in their Notices announced on Nov 1st:
Notice on extension of Elite Member Status Retention
views 837 2021.11.01
For the convenience of all Asiana Club members who have not been able to fly due to COVID-19, we have extended the retention period of elite member status by 1 year to 2021.
Individual notices will be sent out in order of membership period. Details can be found in [ MY > My Asiana]
My evaluation period ends 2022.01.31 yet have seen no change/messages yet - anyone receive anything?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
It seems like they want to wait for the window to end before extending the qualification window AND revoke status in the meantime? Seems like an awfully non-member-friendly solution...

"Our headquarters had announced to extend the evaluation period for Asiana Club elite members maximum up to 48months

due to covid-19 pandemic. But it is different for each member’s situation.

That’s why it is applied just before current evaluation periods ends.
"
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:37 pm

I've read this thread because I'm considering crediting some *A flights to OZ - I have nothing with them ATM, would start from scratch. I have 2 questions:

1. Does family pooling of points work if I sign everyone up with their own account and go through their family signup process later, i.e. can I pool the miles earned by individual family members before I requested the family account?

2. The Asiana FFP page says this about earning miles:

"Performance not included
  • Boarding pass marked with discounts over 50%"
I am not aware of any boarding passes being "marked" with percentage discounts... Granted, they are not native English speakers and the FFP description page is just generally awful, but... what the ... do they mean by this? Are they referring to discounted fare buckets? How would I know which one is discounted by "over 50%"? That's not a booking class, and I don't think any booking class can be defined by a fixed percentage, so how does one interpret this? And does that mean that those poorly defined, i.e. possibly unknowable flights earns zero miles?

I have a bunch of flights booked that I want to credit to OZ, they are on United, some are biz P and Z, others are economy in T and W. Are there any of these that don't earn miles on OZ?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:32 am

check wheretocredit.com for an overview of which fare classes are eligible for OZ miles.
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.