Wiki Posts
Search

A380 to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LoveSQ
Travelling OZ from JFK to SIN via ICN in business. Have travelled OZ from Europe to ICN but first time from JFK.
2 questions for the forum :

1. Which lounges can I use at JFK for before the OZ flt? More than 1 choice?
2. Have 6 hr layover in ICN and then flying SQ to SIN. Which lounge should I use in ICN? I have always used the OZ lounge in the past. But any better *A lounges in ICN?

Thank you all in advance..
1) The Swiss Lounge or Air India. Swiss is pretty regular with a few little things out for breakfast & self service booze. You won't get booze on the ground before the OZ take of. Not sure about the AI lounge but if you have enough time why not hop?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you for 1.
Any comments on my second question?
Also as OZ business class passenger exiting JFK, is there any fast track for security?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

2nd I would just refer to the *A lounge finder or wait for someone else. I've only used the OZ F lounge in the main terminal. It looks like SQ departs from the sat terminal and has their lounge there as well: http://www.staralliance.com/assets/d...ps/ICN_map.pdf

You mean ENTERING JFK to get on your first flight, right? As you go towards the middle down the OZ aisle it is the main security line...go towards the left and around to the far side and it should have the F/J sign up.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
2nd I would just refer to the *A lounge finder or wait for someone else. I've only used the OZ F lounge in the main terminal. It looks like SQ departs from the sat terminal and has their lounge there as well: http://www.staralliance.com/assets/d...ps/ICN_map.pdf

You mean ENTERING JFK to get on your first flight, right? As you go towards the middle down the OZ aisle it is the main security line...go towards the left and around to the far side and it should have the F/J sign up.

Thanks JVP!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

I think I am going to change my ticket and risk the 50 min connection at ICN.
Right now UA award I am OZ F JFK-ICN & TG J ICN-BKK as I am going about 5 days before starting a month course in Chiang Mai.

I can visit Perth for an extra 30,000 UA miles. No extra cost TG J by adding it on to the existing ticket and then booking a one way award ticket back PER-BKK. Dates the weeks before still show availability for the JFK-ICN F segments.

However, this means that in order to get to Bangkok in time to make the Perth flight I have to switch to the OZ flight to BKK which makes it a :50 connection instead of 2:30.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
OZ to OZ connection? Easily done within maybe 15 to 20 minutes. I would suggest being one of the first to arrive at the Transfer desk as that is the only bottleneck. Also have the second boarding pass handy upon getting to the Transfer desk. This is of course assuming the flight arrives on time!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:02 pm

Just booked 221 from JFK-ICN for November on OZ. It's listed as the A380 on United's website, so I'm assuming that's the equipment it will actually be on.

I booked the 50 min connection OZ-OZ, hopefully it won't be an issue.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearsfan72
Just booked 221 from JFK-ICN for November on OZ. It's listed as the A380 on United's website, so I'm assuming that's the equipment it will actually be on.

I booked the 50 min connection OZ-OZ, hopefully it won't be an issue.
Ha! I'm doing the same thing...to BKK?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:13 pm

Ha! I'm doing the same thing...to BKK?
Yep same thing.

So I just noticed that Asiana's website only lists the A380 JFK-ICN through October 24th this year, my flight is Nov. 6. Hopefully the A380 will still be servicing this route then?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearsfan72
Yep same thing.

So I just noticed that Asiana's website only lists the A380 JFK-ICN through October 24th this year, my flight is Nov. 6. Hopefully the A380 will still be servicing this route then?
I don't see why not, I'm sure its a permanent thing on the route.
Also FWIW I was able to pick my seats from the TG site and it showed the A380 seat map.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:32 am

Hi Everyone, I'm a little nervous with my 55 min connection in ICN going from OZ to TG. I'm travelling in late July, flying JFK-ICN, ICN-TPE (where I'll have an overnight layover), and then TPE-DPS. It sounds like I'll have to take a train to a separate concourse to transfer from OZ to TG. If I miss my connection, will OZ assist in getting me on another flight to TPE? At least I'll have plenty of time between the ICN-TPE and TPE-DPS legs.

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Yes, you will have enough time. Presuming your flights are on one reservation together, you'll be protected. If you are running late, they always have staff waiting outside the plane for late connections. Also, if you're really apprehensive, ask the flight attendant if you can move towards the front for landing as you have a tight connection.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yes, you will have enough time. Presuming your flights are on one reservation together, you'll be protected. If you are running late, they always have staff waiting outside the plane for late connections. Also, if you're really apprehensive, ask the flight attendant if you can move towards the front for landing as you have a tight connection.
Appreciate it, thanks mikesaidyes!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I just got a schedule change notice for November with OZ221 going to 1:25pm JFK to 5:55pm +1 ICN.

That puts the OZ741 connection to BKK at 25 min.

I'm doing JFK-ICN-BKK-PER and the TG ICN-BKK flight arrives too late to make the PER flight. I would really like to take OZ F on the A380 (I've done the 772 before), but I also don't want to get stuck somewhere in Asia and possibly be forced to wait 1-2 days or take the next available in Y.

I can find space JFK-NRT NH F NRT-BKK TG J BKK-PER TG J and may take that. At least the intra-Asia flight to BKK will be on full flat staggered TG J A380 compared to the OZ craddle J.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I can find space JFK-NRT NH F NRT-BKK TG J BKK-PER TG J and may take that. At least the intra-Asia flight to BKK will be on full flat staggered TG J A380 compared to the OZ craddle J.
It's not a bad sub at all; arguably an upgrade. I was slightly underwhelmed by the OZ 380. And you know how much better the TG 380 is compared to the OZ cradle . . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.