Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

New F Suites Route UPDATE: only ORD-ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by GLAinYYZ
I think we will be keeping the booking as is, so won't need to contact USDM (or get any points back). I don't really mind the old F seat (but it is a pity we won't experience the awesome First service) and we have a flight with ANA in First on the same itinerary. So we are going to pay the F premium for a trip with one flight in First, but we can live with that. Cheers!
there is certainly a huge step change between OZ biz and OZ F. can you not get a seat OZ F to another destination like JFK? and connect onwards from there?
Old May 6, 2013, 2:02 am

Wow this is complete new news to me as I have a flight booked in September.

Horrible! Ugh, now have to look for alternatives.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:18 pm

Update. Award ticket cancelled via UA. No fees due to the airplane switch. Pretty simple actually.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MoneyMaker101
Update. Award ticket cancelled via UA. No fees due to the airplane switch. Pretty simple actually.
Did they give you the option to switch to another flight for free?
Old May 7, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Will there even be F on the ORD-ICN route after July 22? My ticket in September still shows F but I am doubtful.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:53 am

No F after July 22nd. You will be seated in "old" First Class seat but service will be business class.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:33 am

Does this mean that since I am now in A booking class after the switch that I will get 150% mileage if I give them my MileagePlus #? I am tempted to switch to the NY flight since there is award availability, but the idea of trusting a flight from snowy chicago to snowy NYC in February seems too risky. Sad that I will be missing first class service though...
Old May 8, 2013, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by heredity4me
Does this mean that since I am now in A booking class after the switch that I will get 150% mileage if I give them my MileagePlus #? I am tempted to switch to the NY flight since there is award availability, but the idea of trusting a flight from snowy chicago to snowy NYC in February seems too risky. Sad that I will be missing first class service though...
I would be amazed if mileage was granted - it is still an award ticket. I would certainly consider making the switch to JFK if you can, just be sure to have a nice buffer between the flights. Asiana First is certainly very memorable.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:48 pm

They can still mark the ticket as ineligible for miles, so you won't be getting miles unless there's some sort of an error.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
When on an award ticket on OZ, my boarding passes have been marked with "NO MILES".
Old May 8, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Fare class doesn't mean anything, it has to do with fare basis, one fare class could have 10 different fare basis with 10 different rules.

A good example would be just like you could book a name your own price ticket from priceline, it always booked into a fare earning fare class, but does it mean you will earn the full miles base on the fare class ? Absolutely not, in fact you will earn ZERO miles.
Old May 8, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Fare class doesn't mean anything, it has to do with fare basis, one fare class could have 10 different fare basis with 10 different rules.

A good example would be just like you could book a name your own price ticket from priceline, it always booked into a fare earning fare class, but does it mean you will earn the full miles base on the fare class ? Absolutely not, in fact you will earn ZERO miles.
many moons ago when I had an O class on sq that became operated by the a380 my ticket showed O/R (R being suites class) so they can differentiate between fare basis and flight class on award tickets.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
They can still mark the ticket as ineligible for miles, so you won't be getting miles unless there's some sort of an error.
It happened to me in March. I originally had a United transpacific award with United on the domestic flights. I changed the dates and ended up with US Airways for the domestic flights and I was credited premier miles and segments.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:52 pm

Quick question for those more knowledgeable about OZ - I am looking to fly my first OZ flight ORD-ICN-ORD. Unfortunately, I'm flying in November (on UA award), and from reading, I see that there's no more F available. And that the old F will become "A" (business+).

My question is what happens to the old Business class. This is now bookable for me, under class "I". Will this still be business class service, just in the older seats (ie. angled beds)?

For someone who rarely travels internationally, will this flight in "I" still be a worthwhile trip? It's going to take an extra 27,500 UA miles each direction for me to do "I", so want to see if people think the service is still worth it - still a 12.5hr flight after all! Thanks in advance!
Old May 23, 2013, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylerchris
Quick question for those more knowledgeable about OZ - I am looking to fly my first OZ flight ORD-ICN-ORD. Unfortunately, I'm flying in November (on UA award), and from reading, I see that there's no more F available. And that the old F will become "A" (business+).

My question is what happens to the old Business class. This is now bookable for me, under class "I". Will this still be business class service, just in the older seats (ie. angled beds)?

For someone who rarely travels internationally, will this flight in "I" still be a worthwhile trip? It's going to take an extra 27,500 UA miles each direction for me to do "I", so want to see if people think the service is still worth it - still a 12.5hr flight after all! Thanks in advance!
yes, 'I' class will be available for a business class award.

would I fly asiana with an angled bed over united (or another airline) with a full flat bed? absolutely not. the flat bed is king... and queen... and whole royal flush. no amount of services an angled bed can make up for a flat bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.