Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

New F Suites Route UPDATE: only ORD-ICN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F Suites Route UPDATE: only ORD-ICN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:25 am

Chances of getting the new F suites on an ICN-Europe route in 12/2014?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Since nothing has been announced, I'd expect your chances are rather low unfortunately.

Keep an eye on this thread for possible rumors and updates: OZ First class suites routes
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:08 pm

European routes will probably see the new F suites last, meaning it is still years away.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
OZ only has F for FRA, and it is not likely for FRA to get the suites even next year !

Originally Posted by agjil
European routes will probably see the new F suites last, meaning it is still years away.
+1

Even when I do an award search like FRA-NRT, OZ F will always come up avaialble compare with LAX and JFK hardly available, which means the F load is not good at all. On the other hand, NH hardly show up for F on FRA-NRT neither, so you know how it goes.

I would rather predict FRA-ICN would downgrade from 3 class to 2 class even !
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I would rather predict FRA-ICN would downgrade from 3 class to 2 class even !
I wouldn't be surprised if OZ downgrades FRA to 2 class.
From what I've heard, the F revenue load on the FRA-ICN route is pretty low, and most pax sitting in F are on award tickets.
No need to keep a service active just for free riders.

I personally wish OZ introduces F to SFO...doesn't SFO have good demand for paid F?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by agjil

I personally wish OZ introduces F to SFO...doesn't SFO have good demand for paid F?
OZ used to have F to SFO, before OZ had all these 777, they had a lot more of 744Pax and 744Combi, and SFO was served by 744 with F, so did ORD and LHR, I believe SYD was a 744 too. It is only a few years ago they decided to convert most of them into 744BCF and left with 4 744 right now.

I had flown at least 3 744Combi before (including the first 744 OZ ever had HL7413) that had converted into 744BCF now. Back then F on the 744 was 2+2, horrible small PTV movies run in a loop, no power, the seat do go horizontal flat though, but the food quality was way better than now. Imagine they had lobster entree for every single F flight, including the short haul ICN-HKG !

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 8, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:30 pm

I see.
Well, I just hope OZ expands its F offering to more routes, although there are probably not that many cities with strong F demand.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: TK Elite
Are there any Asian routes with F? like ICN-SIN?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:26 am

No Asian routes with F which is properly sold as F.

There are lots of Asian routes where they will fly 3-class aircraft and often open up the F cabin for J passengers, but this will be with J service, and subject to aircraft swaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.