Reload this Page >

Bali - Recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali - Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 6:11 am

Intercontinental with a club room is amazing... They always have specials for great prices, including massages.. Free food in the club lounge, so no need to buy breakfast or lunch and dinner only if you want to. If you join Priority Club and pay the Ambassador club fee, you can get a free nite certificate here, plus guaranteed upgrade...
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I spent last week with Dewa Marco and one of his co-drivers. Still an excellent all-around experience and a good value. I continue to highly recommend him.
Please let us know if you found anything or place new or exciting in Bali on your recent trip Megatoplover (before you go back, you lucky thing!)
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just got back from Bali and used Dewa Marco team for one day. No complaints, great value for money, quick replies to emails from Marco. Would use again. ^
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:34 pm

Thank You To All FT clients.
Thanks for Using Dewa Marco & Co Drivers Team Service
Since More clients asking service from me,now I have a Great selected Team called : DM&Co Team (Dewa Marco and Co Drivers Team) and all members are very expert and same vision as me.
Thank you for Trusting Dewa Marco & The Team
happy New Year to all FT members
Regards
Dewa Marco and The Team (DM&CO)
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I'm headed to DPS next month. Read about Marco here on FT and emailed him a few hours ago. I heard back from him within 60 minutes! I'll be booking him next month.

I'll be doing some work in Denpasar for two nights but will have about 1.5 free days while on the island. I intend to hire Marco for a tour and essentiall roll with him during that time.

I have to be near DPS on Feb 24 for the night. Suggestion on quality room at a good price? I have *Wood pts or can pay cash if that's the better value. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by fiona
if it helps, the two places I stayed in Ubud- both of which were great- were
Komaneka at Monkey Forest Road
http://www.komaneka.com/Resort/English/( there are other Komenakas in Ubud which would probably be as good)
Just got back from Komaneka Bisma and it was stunning. Half empty too (just opened in 2009), get there before everybody else finds out about it
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal
Just got back from Komaneka Bisma and it was stunning. Half empty too (just opened in 2009), get there before everybody else finds out about it
Very nice, I'll take a look. How far is Ubud from DPS and how is the 'activity' level. I'm making this trip solo and will be wanting to venture out near the resort to see some local sites. I imagine I can have Marco drive me too. Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:11 am

Request for information

Friends,

I am planning to spend 4 nights in Bali. From 28th Jan to 1st Feb. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 year old kid. My wife is a strict veg.

Please suggest a decent place to stay with easy access to Indian Food.

Regards ...
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Ubud is about an hour and twenty minutes from Ngurah Rai Airport by car, depending on traffic conditions. You pass by the city of Denpasar on the way, which is about twenty minutes from the airport.

On my most recent trip, over Christmas, we booked in with Dewa Marco for just one day. He sent one of his co-drivers, Pedro, to take care of us. We knew where we wanted to go, and Pedro was able to take us there. He came along with us into the Goa Gajah temple and explained some of the history, design, and religious significance of it. He took us to the village we wanted to go to for stone carvings and waited patiently while we spent a couple of hours going through many of the shops (if you can call them that) looking for just the right thing. Pedro was very pleasant and spoke good English. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him, or to book with/through Dewa Marco again.

As for new discoveries, I'd say two things: amankila and the joy of cycling in Bali. Amankila was spectacular, even if it was the most expensive hotel/resort room we've ever had. Our cycling trips out from amandari and amankila were all thoroughly enjoyable. amankila has a recommended 10-km loop that goes through several nearby villages and stays off the main coast road for most of the ride. It was somewhat hilly but didn't have too many super-steep parts. From amandari, we went through or around Ubud and over toward Goa Gajah; that trip had some hilly bits but nothing too daunting. Both of them were done with nothing but a map and my sense of direction. Mr. Megatop called amandari to pick up him and his bike while I finished my ride, once from Ubud town and once from the Chedi Club, both times with no problem, though I did beat him back to the hotel once.

Spending time cycling is definitely on my list for our next visit. You get more in touch with the island and its people than if you're in the comfort of a car. And you can stop and smell the burning palm fronds whenever you want. Just be careful on the roads. Traffic can be thick at times and motos can stop, go, and decelerate unpredictably.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:28 pm

Ubud is about an hour and twenty minutes from Ngurah Rai Airport by car, depending on traffic conditions. You pass by the city of Denpasar on the way, which is about twenty minutes from the airport.

On my most recent trip, over Christmas, we booked in with Dewa Marco for just one day. He sent one of his co-drivers, Pedro, to take care of us. We knew where we wanted to go, and Pedro was able to take us there. He came along with us into the Goa Gajah temple and explained some of the history, design, and religious significance of it. He took us to the village we wanted to go to for stone carvings and waited patiently while we spent a couple of hours going through many of the shops (if you can call them that) looking for just the right thing. Pedro was very pleasant and spoke good English. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him, or to book with/through Dewa Marco again.

As for new discoveries, I'd say two things: amankila and the joy of cycling in Bali. Amankila was spectacular, even if it was the most expensive hotel/resort room we've ever had. Our cycling trips out from amandari and amankila were all thoroughly enjoyable. amankila has a recommended 10-km loop that goes through several nearby villages and stays off the main coast road for most of the ride. It was somewhat hilly but didn't have too many super-steep parts. From amandari, we went through or around Ubud and over toward Goa Gajah; that trip had some hilly bits but nothing too daunting. Both of them were done with nothing but a map and my sense of direction. Mr. Megatop called amandari to pick up him and his bike while I finished my ride, once from Ubud town and once from the Chedi Club, both times with no problem, though I did beat him back to the hotel once.

Spending time cycling is definitely on my list for our next visit. You get more in touch with the island and its people than if you're in the comfort of a car. And you can stop and smell the burning palm fronds whenever you want. Just be careful on the roads. Traffic can be thick at times and motos can stop, go, and decelerate unpredictably.
Thanks megatoplover, amankila is a favourite of mine too. We were lucky enough to stay at the amankila suite and hardly left (never mind cyle the hills of Bali)
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:24 am

I'm sitting in my 35th floor room at Conrad Tokyo doing a bit of FT catching up..flying home from my long Asia journey tomorrow.

I was in Bali about 10 days ago and I booked with Dewa Marco pre-trip. He was prompt in his email replies and was waiting for me at DPS the moment I arrived. Marco was quite courteous, spoke very good English and drove a clean/modern Toyota van with excellent AC. His pricing was very competitive but the advice/information bank he has to draw from is nearly priceless. If there's something you want to do in Bali, Dewa can give you the 411 on it. I only had about 6 hours to tour but we made the most of that time. I felt that Dewa had helped me maximize the limited time I had on the island and, in hindsight, feel I could not have made a better tour guide choice.

Dewa deserves an A+ rating for his services and if you're looking for a guide in Bali, you'd be a fool not to book with DM!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by hockeystl
I'm sitting in my 35th floor room at Conrad Tokyo doing a bit of FT catching up..flying home from my long Asia journey tomorrow.

I was in Bali about 10 days ago and I booked with Dewa Marco pre-trip. He was prompt in his email replies and was waiting for me at DPS the moment I arrived. Marco was quite courteous, spoke very good English and drove a clean/modern Toyota van with excellent AC. His pricing was very competitive but the advice/information bank he has to draw from is nearly priceless. If there's something you want to do in Bali, Dewa can give you the 411 on it. I only had about 6 hours to tour but we made the most of that time. I felt that Dewa had helped me maximize the limited time I had on the island and, in hindsight, feel I could not have made a better tour guide choice.

Dewa deserves an A+ rating for his services and if you're looking for a guide in Bali, you'd be a fool not to book with DM!
--I wish I had known of him before I was there. Thanks for the info. If I can return I will certainly look him up. ^
Old May 1, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thumbs up Dewa Marco

I am in Ubud right now and just concluded a full day of sightseeing with Dewa Marco. Allow me to add my name to the chorus of praise for him. He is everything that other FTers have said about him and then some: responsible, kind, considerate, reasonably priced and very professional. He gives very good value and accommodates all reasonable requests. I don't see how how anyone else can do a better job of showing you the major sights and sometimes hidden points of interest, than Dewa.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist

I just wanted to "bump" this thread and see if anyone else has cycled through parts of Bali. I saw a company in the Lonely Planet (C. Bali) and one in the NY Times (Bali Ecocycling). My partner and I don't want to trek around the island per se, but see some of the sites (especially the rice patties) on a slower pace. It seems more "structured" which is fine - with planned itineraries. Any one have any experience with either of these companies? They get good reviews on Trip Advisor. Would a non-guided cycle excursion be better? I will also check out Dewa Marco for other outings to Ubud etc. (we will be staying at the Conrad Hilton)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
I just wanted to "bump" this thread and see if anyone else has cycled through parts of Bali. I saw a company in the Lonely Planet (C. Bali) and one in the NY Times (Bali Ecocycling). My partner and I don't want to trek around the island per se, but see some of the sites (especially the rice patties) on a slower pace. It seems more "structured" which is fine - with planned itineraries. Any one have any experience with either of these companies? They get good reviews on Trip Advisor. Would a non-guided cycle excursion be better? I will also check out Dewa Marco for other outings to Ubud etc. (we will be staying at the Conrad Hilton)
You might want to also check with the hotel concierge. When I was there they had a bike trip on their list of activities. It does not seem to be on their website anymore, but this is http://www.conradbali.com/things-to-...ctivities.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.