Anyone been to Pattaya?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone been to Pattaya?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2003, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone been to Pattaya?

Hi all,

I had a trip to Bali all mapped out, but am chickening out thanks to some of the activities going on around Indonesia. Anyway, I changed my itinerary to take me to Pattaya, which of course involves flying into Bangkok.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations on getting from BKK to my hotel. The Hard Rock limo service is a tad pricey. I can do it, but prefer to explore other options first. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful!

Thanks,
CAETravlr
Old Aug 8, 2003, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam

Yes. I do not know what price you were quoted. I would try; www.asiatravel.com click on thailand click on pattaya click on asia travel packages and/or click on transfer service(about USD50.00 ow). Hope this helps!

------------------
UNITED WILL STAND
Old Aug 9, 2003, 4:04 am
R&R

I think a taxi came to about $30.00 from the airport. Negotiate a price before getting in. Look for someone who wants to do it. Even possible to find someone to share the ride. Ask at the taxi desk.

I found it the best alternative. It is possible to take a bus, which is a tiring ride with some changing of vehicles.

Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:13 am

Programs: Kris Flyer - Silver
I was in Pattaya in June. And did a rather extensive research on how to get there from Don Muang.

For one, taxis to Pattaya are readily available from the Arrival Hall with travel agents showing placards of their services. The price charged are pretty much the same: THB 1500 (USD 36; approx).

Thai Airways operate shuttle service three times a day from the airport to its office in Pattaya. It costs THB 200 per person for one way trip. But it leaves only at 9AM, 12NN, and 7PM. So, if your flight arrives at a convenient time or you are willing to wait, this is the way to go. Buy the ticket first at the Thai Limousine Counter. The ride is smooth as silk. It stopped en route for toilet break, so no need to worry there. From Thai office in Pattaya, you might even get the driver to get you to your hotel's doorstep, for additional fees that goes to him directly. Try to bargain.

Taking the public bus will be from Ekkamai Terminal in eastern part of Bangkok, if I recall correctly. But this will mean that you have to go to the terminal from the airport and get into the bus from there. A taxi to the terminal will cost you about THB200, while the bus itself is THB90. The bus to Pattaya leaves every half an hour. IMHO, it's not worth the trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.