Grab in Phnom Penh PNH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grab in Phnom Penh PNH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
I'm in PNH now and can confirm as well that Grab works without cash if you already have a foreign payment method saved in the app. The pick-up point at PNH arrivals is not far, easy to get to even with luggage.

Grab Car has been an older Toyota Prius every time, Grab SUV is not much more expensive for something a bit more spacious like an old Lexus SUV.

Although places you tend to go to are often not far at all, the city is not very walkable in terms of sidewalk condition, dirt and smell. I love to walk and in other cities I'd opt for walking a few km, but here I find myself using Grab even for a 1km trip. The price is less than 2 USD and walking is just not very pleasant. Not due to heat, it's actually not too stuffy and the air is not bad, it's just tedious to walk, you constantly have to look where you step.

Here are example options at 8am on a Saturday from the Hyatt Regency to the airport:

Grab options and prices in Phnom Penh
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by goodgirl
I'm in PNH now and can confirm as well that Grab works without cash if you already have a foreign payment method saved in the app. The pick-up point at PNH arrivals is not far, easy to get to even with luggage.

Grab Car has been an older Toyota Prius every time, Grab SUV is not much more expensive for something a bit more spacious like an old Lexus SUV.

Although places you tend to go to are often not far at all, the city is not very walkable in terms of sidewalk condition, dirt and smell. I love to walk and in other cities I'd opt for walking a few km, but here I find myself using Grab even for a 1km trip. The price is less than 2 USD and walking is just not very pleasant. Not due to heat, it's actually not too stuffy and the air is not bad, it's just tedious to walk, you constantly have to look where you step.
Happy all worked out! Just to note that you will never expect new cars used as Grab - they all are 2nd or 3rd or even 4th hand
Going around city I would rather use Tuk Tuk than the car, much more easier.
Happy travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.