Reload this Page >

El Nido vs Boracay vs ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Nido vs Boracay vs ???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by ElaineWChatman
Since you'll only have 3 days, staying in or near Puerto Princesa does make sense to avoid the long travel to El Nido. Davvidd mentioned some nice beaches south of PP - have you looked into beaches like Cowrie Island or Sabang? They might be good options if you want to relax on the sand but don't want huge crowds. Also, any thoughts on if you want budget, mid-range or luxury accommodations? That could help folks with resort recommendations for the area.
Thanks for this advise. I'm looking for mid-range accommodations on the/very close to the beach. But in general my current feeling is that Boracay might be the best shot: frequent flights with larger jets are now going to the Caticlan Airport (what was not the case before they extended the runway), so no need to go from/to the far Kalibo airport any more...
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by kaspars
Thanks for this advise. I'm looking for mid-range accommodations on the/very close to the beach. But in general my current feeling is that Boracay might be the best shot: frequent flights with larger jets are now going to the Caticlan Airport (what was not the case before they extended the runway), so no need to go from/to the far Kalibo airport any more...
Caticlan has been operating narrow body jets for a while now. Mostly it is domestic flights and certainly a better option than Palawan unless you want to fly on Air Swift to Lio ( El Nido ) airport. Since only Air Swift operate an ATR 72 mostly twice a day Caticlan is a much better option. Sea Wind in Boaracy is a one of the best beaches around. And not so expensive either.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:11 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Caticlan has been operating narrow body jets for a while now. Mostly it is domestic flights and certainly a better option than Palawan unless you want to fly on Air Swift to Lio ( El Nido ) airport. Since only Air Swift operate an ATR 72 mostly twice a day Caticlan is a much better option. Sea Wind in Boaracy is a one of the best beaches around. And not so expensive either.
wonderful, many thanks Davvidd for this - giving the needed reassurance... Boracay/Caticlan it is
Old Dec 17, 2023, 8:16 am

wonderful, many thanks Davvidd for this - giving the needed reassurance... Boracay/Caticlan it is
If you live Regge and also that sort of island music plenty of live bands around too. Discos too of course.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
If you live Regge and also that sort of island music plenty of live bands around too. Discos too of course.
depends if the cocktails are strong

Thanks so much again!!!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:07 am

depends if the cocktails are strong

Thanks so much again!!!
They are very strong. If not add a bit of Red Horse and certainly it will be stronger then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.