Wiki Posts
Search

Foreign tourists eligible for Taiwan's NT$5,000 lucky draw starting May 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Foreign tourists eligible for Taiwan's NT$5,000 lucky draw starting May 1

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As part of the government's plan to encourage more foreign tourists to visit Taiwan now that its COVID restrictions have been lifted, the Tourism Bureau on Thursday (April 20) announced the details of a lucky draw for a NT$5,000 (US$163) travel stipend for foreign tourists that will go into effect on May 1.

The Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) on Monday (April 17) announced a subsidy scheme in which NT$5,000 will be provided to 500,000 foreign tourists who win a lucky draw over the course of three years. On Thursday, the Tourism Bureau announced that independent foreign travelers who enter the country on a foreign passport and stay between three days and 90 days will be eligible for the draw, effective May 1.
Link
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Anyone know if there is an age limit for the lucky draw? Registered my wife and myself for our arrival next week. Wondering if I should register my two kids (13 and 7).
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
This blog writes that they "received confirmation from the organisers of the giveaway that there is no minimum age requirement, so you can even use your children’s details – although they’ll need to have their own passport number" https://www.taipeitravelgeek.com/tai...-land-giveaway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.