Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Entry situation for Philippines?

Entry situation for Philippines?

Old Jul 3, 22, 7:00 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by FlyingSloth View Post
Are we also required to have an onward ticket too? I was thinking to book a refundable one. Looks like they recently dropped the testing and travel insurance requirements?
Yes you need an onward ticket to enter the Philippines unless you have a residency visa (and the airlines are normally very strict on checking to make sure that you do have one when checking you in)

Another question for you or anybody..

Do they take your temperature when entering Philippines? I can't imagine how it feels if you happen to have a cold and have a slight fever the day of the flight and then get thrown into forced quarantine at a Philippines gov. motel for a week or two at your own cost.
Yes on the way to immigration there is a temperature camera you have to walk past.
Old Jul 6, 22, 5:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 25K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles Silver, Bonvoy Gold and a few more
So...a slightly different twist/question. Arriving late at night in Manila and staying at either the Hilton or Marriot and then flying out the next morning domestically. Basically, in transit with a long layover. I'm assuming I can leave the airport and then come back without a visa. What Covid protocols do I need to be aware of ?
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by flying chef View Post
So...a slightly different twist/question. Arriving late at night in Manila and staying at either the Hilton or Marriot and then flying out the next morning domestically. Basically, in transit with a long layover. I'm assuming I can leave the airport and then come back without a visa. What Covid protocols do I need to be aware of ?
If you are connecting domestically then you will need to clear immigration and customs at Manila. Most countries can enter for 30 days without a visa

To enter the Philippines you will need an onward ticket out of the Philippines. You will also need to complete the one health pass. If you are not fully vaccinated (which means having at least one booster shot as well as the original shot(s)) then you will also need a PCR test within 48hrs or a RAT within 24hrs of departure.
kevino and Davvidd like this.
Old Jul 10, 22, 9:10 am
formerly dav662

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
If you are connecting domestically then you will need to clear immigration and customs at Manila. Most countries can enter for 30 days without a visa

To enter the Philippines you will need an onward ticket out of the Philippines. You will also need to complete the one health pass. If you are not fully vaccinated (which means having at least one booster shot as well as the original shot(s)) then you will also need a PCR test within 48hrs or a RAT within 24hrs of departure.
May I add that also if you are going to Boracay you would have to complete a separate online registration. I am presuming that it would be the same to the Aklan Province.
Old Jul 11, 22, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd View Post
May I add that also if you are going to Boracay you would have to complete a separate online registration. I am presuming that it would be the same to the Aklan Province.
Unfortunately not. Boracay has is owns rules, requirements and systems.

Each local government unit still sets their own procedures for entry. To get the latest info for your destination go to https://s-pass.ph/

For Boracay the latest info can be found here https://aklan.gov.ph/guide-for-tourists/
Old Jul 12, 22, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
Unfortunately not. Boracay has is owns rules, requirements and systems.

Each local government unit still sets their own procedures for entry. To get the latest info for your destination go to https://s-pass.ph/

For Boracay the latest info can be found here https://aklan.gov.ph/guide-for-tourists/
Are there any specific requirements you know for Davao? I'm flying to Davao for the first time. I also curious if you have any thoughts about safety in Mindanao in 2022? I'm staying in South Cotabato, Kidapawan, and Davao. I've been robbed twice in Philippines in the past (Manila, Baguio).. only country out of 90 in 20 years of travel where I've had things stolen. I hope it's not okay to go without mask outdoors in Mindanao? I'm not worried about COVID.. am worried about terrorism, theft, etc.
Old Jul 13, 22, 7:42 pm

Are there any specific requirements you know for Davao? I'm flying to Davao for the first time. I also curious if you have any thoughts about safety in Mindanao in 2022? I'm staying in South Cotabato, Kidapawan, and Davao. I've been robbed twice in Philippines in the past (Manila, Baguio).. only country out of 90 in 20 years of travel where I've had things stolen. I hope it's not okay to go without mask outdoors in Mindanao? I'm not worried about COVID.. am worried about terrorism, theft, etc.
Re: Requirements for Davao - theres a useful summary on the Philippine Airlines website (I imagine the same details apply no matter which airline you use to get there). Unfortunately Im unable to post a link - newbie, haha - but its the first result that came up on Google when I entered Davao entry requirements.

Cheers.
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Jul 14, 22, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by MNLFlyer View Post
Re: Requirements for Davao - there’s a useful summary on the Philippine Airlines website (I imagine the same details apply no matter which airline you use to get there). Unfortunately I’m unable to post a link - newbie, haha - but it’s the first result that came up on Google when I entered “Davao entry requirements”.

Cheers.
Here you go: https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...hinThePH/Davao

We will be arriving in DVO with Singapore Airlines this Saturday, 7/16. Will report any update or changes to the entry requirement.
FlyingSloth likes this.

Last edited by Stingyguy; Jul 14, 22 at 6:19 am Reason: Adding notes
Old Jul 14, 22, 7:26 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
A couple US citizens, fully vaccinated with booster.
We are flying into El nido in October. From what I read was a little bit confusing.
1. Tourists fully vaccinated do not have to submit RT-PCR test or antigen test prior to boarding with proof of documentation.
2. Looking at the El Nido website, they are requiring: (This was updated May 2022)
  • Vaccination Card and / or Vaccination Certificate from the Vax Cert (https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/)
  • Approved S-PASS (Travel Coordination Permit)
NOTE: RTPCR SPECIMEN MUST BE EXTRACTED WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE BOARDING ANY AIR CRAFT OR SEA VESSEL PRIOR ON THE DATE OF TRAVEL.

So, do we need to have a negative test prior to boarding? Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 22, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by htwild1 View Post
We are flying into El nido in October. From what I read was a little bit confusing.
1. Tourists fully vaccinated do not have to submit RT-PCR test or antigen test prior to boarding with proof of documentation.
2. Looking at the El Nido website, they are requiring: (This was updated May 2022)
  • Vaccination Card and / or Vaccination Certificate from the Vax Cert (https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/)
NOTE: RTPCR SPECIMEN MUST BE EXTRACTED WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE BOARDING ANY AIR CRAFT OR SEA VESSEL PRIOR ON THE DATE OF TRAVEL.

If you have the booster shot, no need for RT-PCR test. You do have to complete the One Health Pass to get the QR code.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by Stingyguy; Jul 14, 22 at 8:20 am Reason: Edit
Old Jul 15, 22, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by htwild1 View Post

When arriving in the Philippines you will not need a PCR test just complete the one health pass on line.

Then when travelling to El Nido you will need to get travel permission from the local government unit through the S- Pass system. But again it looks like fully vaccinated do not need to get a test before travelling,
Old Jul 15, 22, 1:18 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 22, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stingyguy View Post
Here you go: https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...hinThePH/Davao

We will be arriving in DVO with Singapore Airlines this Saturday, 7/16. Will report any update or changes to the entry requirement.
Yeah thanks! I'd love to hear how it goes for you. I'll be traveling shortly after you.

I checked the link above it looks like it only shows "ID" as the only requirement? Lol
Old Jul 19, 22, 4:05 am
formerly dav662

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I am sorry that I saw this late as I have been traveling too. Actually in Mindanao. I was in Davao and the City itself is very safe. Masks is mandatory but I have seen people go about riding without masks. When you enter a Mall in Davao they may ask for the national QR code on vaccination. Obviously foreigners do not have this so they give you a slip of paper where you fill in your name and current address and a contact phone number. Some Malls do this while I have been in some where they do not.
Now Cotabato and Kidapawan is not Davao so I would be a lot more careful there. I was also in Davao Oriental and Davao Del Norte for a fair bit of time and riding around. I have been doing this since 2017 and so far have not faced any issues. Only one was one guy trying to insist he wanted to test ride my cruiser. Obviously I refused.
Losing things in the hotel room or getting mugged or pick pockets are different. I even dropped my passport and when I went back to the places I have been ( it was within 45 mins or so) they had it behind the counter.
Old Jul 20, 22, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davvidd View Post
I am sorry that I saw this late as I have been traveling too. Actually in Mindanao. I was in Davao and the City itself is very safe. Masks is mandatory but I have seen people go about riding without masks. When you enter a Mall in Davao they may ask for the national QR code on vaccination. Obviously foreigners do not have this so they give you a slip of paper where you fill in your name and current address and a contact phone number. Some Malls do this while I have been in some where they do not.
Now Cotabato and Kidapawan is not Davao so I would be a lot more careful there. I was also in Davao Oriental and Davao Del Norte for a fair bit of time and riding around. I have been doing this since 2017 and so far have not faced any issues. Only one was one guy trying to insist he wanted to test ride my cruiser. Obviously I refused.
Losing things in the hotel room or getting mugged or pick pockets are different. I even dropped my passport and when I went back to the places I have been ( it was within 45 mins or so) they had it behind the counter.
Thanks for sharing this info!

Are people wearing our required to wear masks outside in Mindanao or only indoors still?

Search this Thread