FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entry situation for Philippines?
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:39 pm
FlyingSloth

Originally Posted by Davvidd
I am sorry that I saw this late as I have been traveling too. Actually in Mindanao. I was in Davao and the City itself is very safe. Masks is mandatory but I have seen people go about riding without masks. When you enter a Mall in Davao they may ask for the national QR code on vaccination. Obviously foreigners do not have this so they give you a slip of paper where you fill in your name and current address and a contact phone number. Some Malls do this while I have been in some where they do not.
Now Cotabato and Kidapawan is not Davao so I would be a lot more careful there. I was also in Davao Oriental and Davao Del Norte for a fair bit of time and riding around. I have been doing this since 2017 and so far have not faced any issues. Only one was one guy trying to insist he wanted to test ride my cruiser. Obviously I refused.
Losing things in the hotel room or getting mugged or pick pockets are different. I even dropped my passport and when I went back to the places I have been ( it was within 45 mins or so) they had it behind the counter.
Thanks for sharing this info!

Are people wearing our required to wear masks outside in Mindanao or only indoors still?