Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I get to Bali…

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone successfully completed an eHac? Is it necessary for vaccinated foreign tourists who are eligible for VOA? I've created an account on the PeduliLindungi app, but have not been able to upload my vaccination info or find the eHac.
eHac is now only required for domestic trips, for international travel it has been dropped, you just need to download the Peduli Lindungi app and add your data, if you cannot upload your vaccine certificates just show the your vaccine proff.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
The end of test requirement

Indonesia will end the test requirements for vaccinated travellers from May 18.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...r-testing-rule
IAN-UK, Cris, QTFLYER and 3 others like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
Indonesia will end the test requirements for vaccinated travellers from May 18.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se...r-testing-rule
Great news! Now all the countries on my SE Asia trip have removed the test.
I wonder when they will make visa-free travel or free VOAs like before Covid.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by AUCLABruin
Great news! Now all the countries on my SE Asia trip have removed the test.
I wonder when they will make visa-free travel or free VOAs like before Covid.
​​​​​​
I'm hoping for this too. While the scrapping of the predeparture test has saved my family $600sg it'll still cost me $300sg for my nz family of 6 to visit later this year.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:41 pm

The insurance requirement still seems to be in place, though.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by 889
The insurance requirement still seems to be in place, though.
Just arrived Bali yesterday (5/17). As of then when you entered passport control there is first a section with multiple chairs lined up, spaced out in front of a row of desks with people checking something. No signs really, but eventually figured out these were the Covid checkers. Pick a line, take your turn moving up from chair to chair a row at a time, then you sit and they check for vax card(photo ok) and vax test. Then go to a fork where you go to either Visa on Arrival payment or straight to passport check line. If you need VOA be sure to go through the payment line because while nothing stops you from getting in the passport check line, if you don't have receipt for VOA payment they'll send you all the way back to get it and start over. Again, not well signed. The VOA payment line was just that, give them credit card (or cash I think) and they run it and give receipt. At passport check they only asked for Passport and VOA receipt, no insurance check, no PeduliLindungi app check. Visa was applied in passport and was on my way.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:48 am

But did the airline look for insurance at checkin?
Old May 19, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by 889
But did the airline look for insurance at checkin?
No, just vax card and COVID test

Last edited by Governator; May 20, 2022 at 4:56 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by Governator
If you need VOA be sure to go through the payment line because while nothing stops you from getting in the passport check line, if you don't have receipt for VOA payment they'll send you all the way back to get it and start over. Again, not well signed. The VOA payment line was just that, give them credit card (or cash I think) and they run it and give receipt. At passport check they only asked for Passport and VOA receipt, no insurance check, no PeduliLindungi app check. Visa was applied in passport and was on my way.
Thanks for the report. US citizens do not currently need a VOA, correct? Also has anyone used their "normal" trip insurance with medical (not covid specific) coverage as proof of insurance?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415
Thanks for the report. US citizens do not currently need a VOA, correct? Also has anyone used their "normal" trip insurance with medical (not covid specific) coverage as proof of insurance?
Americans do need a visa on arrival. Price is IDR 500,000. https://bali.com/bali/bali-visa-indo...n-arrival-voa/

Can't speak to your travel insurance question, but I would be hesitant to get travel insurance without a bed rest/quarantine rider to cover your hotel fees.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:46 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I can start a new thread but thought this might be a good place to try to get some answers.

Regarding DOMESTIC Indonesia travel, I am very confused as to the requirements. I am a US citizen ans passport holder.
I know I need to download the eHac app, but they specify one dose needs a test and two do not. I cannot find anywhere if One Dose J&J = Two Dose anything else. The US Embassy in Jakarta's website says One Dose JJ is accepted, but I cannot find anything from Indonesia authority.

I also am not sure how I validate vaccines. The app tells you to put in all of your info for you vax, but how does that actually get validated for a foreigner? It says on one site that it sends it to your embassy, but I am 100% sure the US embassy in Jakarta cannot validate that because there is no central vax system in the US for them to look up your info, nor do I think they would even have access to the certain places that do keep records due to privacy. I hope you can still just use a hard copy card even if your status is "red" on the app at airline check in for domestic flight.

Thank you!

Last edited by A4K; Jun 3, 2022 at 10:14 am
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by A4K
I can start a new thread but thought this might be a good place to try to get some answers.

Regarding DOMESTIC Indonesia travel, I am very confused as to the requirements. I am a US citizen ans passport holder.
I know I need to download the eHac app, but they specify one dose needs a test and two do not. I cannot find anywhere if One Dose J&J = Two Dose anything else. The US Embassy in Jakarta's website says One Dose JJ is accepted, but I cannot find anything from Indonesia authority.

I also am not sure how I validate vaccines. The app tells you to put in all of your info for you vax, but how does that actually get validated for a foreigner? It says on one site that it sends it to your embassy, but I am 100% sure the US embassy in Jakarta cannot validate that because there is no central vax system in the US for them to look up your info, nor do I think they would even have access to the certain places that do keep records due to privacy. I hope you can still just use a hard copy card even if your status is "red" on the app at airline check in for domestic flight.
You can validate your vaccine here
https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in
Just scan your CDC card, upload it to their site and they'll issue you a certification in a few days.

The certification will also be shown/linked in your "PeduliLindungi" app account, so I suggest you download the app and create an account there first. You pretty much have to use that app to get into the country (at the airport). The eHAC is also created via the same app, but there is no eHAC requirement anymore as of early May.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:06 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by a5un
You can validate your vaccine here
https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in
Just scan your CDC card, upload it to their site and they'll issue you a certification in a few days.

The certification will also be shown/linked in your "PeduliLindungi" app account, so I suggest you download the app and create an account there first. You pretty much have to use that app to get into the country (at the airport). The eHAC is also created via the same app, but there is no eHAC requirement anymore as of early May.
Thank you for the info. I did submit via the Indonesian website on the 3rd, and still have not received approval (again apparently goes to your respective embassy?). If I do not have approval before my domestic travel is there a way to manually get approval to travel at the airport? I am supposed to travel in two days....

I know we are still in a time of travel uncertainty but the lack of detailed information available from the Indonesian government on what is some pretty specific processes is quite frustrating.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by A4K
Thank you for the info. I did submit via the Indonesian website on the 3rd, and still have not received approval (again apparently goes to your respective embassy?). If I do not have approval before my domestic travel is there a way to manually get approval to travel at the airport? I am supposed to travel in two days....
Just show your physical CDC card at the airport. It should be sufficient. This might take a while for them to figure out. Keep in mind that they have greatly reduced the number of people working on COVID status check at the airport. Also, I do recall that it took about a week for the vaccine card to be verified, so you may want to hang on for a little longer.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1k
Does anyone have any recommended travel Insurance providers for the Indonesian requirement? The Thailand forum has a bunch of recommendations for the Thailand insurance requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.