Wiki Posts
Search

Will I get to Bali…

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Will I get to Bali…

…without significant restrictions.

I have hotel booking (and desire and want to go) in March this year. As a Norwegian I believe I can currently go but with quarantine in a government appointed facility.

Likelihood they will let me and a British passport holder enter without staying in a state designated hotel? Not asking for exceptions, more if the perceptions are that tourism will be permitted.

Only asking here as the www doesn’t really provide clear answers, particularly the Indonesian government pages…
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
…without significant restrictions.

I have hotel booking (and desire and want to go) in March this year. As a Norwegian I believe I can currently go but with quarantine in a government appointed facility.

Likelihood they will let me and a British passport holder enter without staying in a state designated hotel? Not asking for exceptions, more if the perceptions are that tourism will be permitted.

Only asking here as the www doesn’t really provide clear answers, particularly the Indonesian government pages…

If there is a quarantine requirement for the direct services to DPS, then i can't see anyway round it. There seemed to be a good range of hotels on the list, starting at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport and going upmarket from there. They made a little inconvenient by reducing the number of PCRs required before getting released....but I haven't looked to see if that's changed again.

British passport holders were initially not allowed to take advantage of the relaxed Bali entry conditions. That might have changed, but you should certainly check!

i gave up two trips last year, because I wasn't comfortable with the business visas supplied by agencies for a couple of hundred dollars. I'm sure they are still available, and would allow entry through Jakarta - but there'd still be the quarantine thing.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I asked a person who runs couple of dozen villas in Ubud when one should take a trip and the answer was ‘no earlier than July’.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible
I asked a person who runs couple of dozen villas in Ubud when one should take a trip and the answer was ‘no earlier than July’.
Did he give a reason ?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:27 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Did he give a reason ?
Yes - 'it is Indonesia, don't get your hopes too high'.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. Will wait a couple weeks then move/cnx hotel. Was a mistake rate at the Aman Nusa Dua so would only be for a week and see that they’re not on the list so looks unlikely…
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Anyone have updates? We have bookings at Wakatobi for end of May - just got an email saying things look "hopeful" by Easter. Vaccination rates are high and hospitalization rates are low.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:30 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by QT31415
Anyone have updates? We have bookings at Wakatobi for end of May - just got an email saying things look "hopeful" by Easter. Vaccination rates are high and hospitalization rates are low.
Oooh I'm so jealous for Wakatobi. Ended up in Manado/Lembeh for diving a few years ago.

As far as I know, you still need to quarantine for 3 days if you're vaccinated. And you need to apply for a visa prior to arriving. I think this was mentioned in the last email sent out by Wakatobi by the way. What shocked me is the price of the visa (no visa on arrival still): IDR 3,000,000 (USD 200+)...

My friend who's Indonesian and lives in Bali told me that yes, April is kinda what they are aiming at for quarantine free arrivals... but like someone else said higher up, "it's Indonesia..."
QT31415 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: UA, AA
Wakatobi should be relatively easy if you can get to Bali. They take you in a charter flight. Don't miss it!

We are supposed to get to Labuan Bajo in June. No idea how feasible, that would be.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by Welltended3
Wakatobi should be relatively easy if you can get to Bali. They take you in a charter flight. Don't miss it!
We got "stranded" on a previous Wakatobi trip, when Mt Agung blew. Some of the happiest days of my life!
enelym1978 and Welltended3 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: UA, AA
We must have been there around the same time. We escaped...mixed feelings about our luck!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Bali opening without quarantine to fully vaccinated tourists March 14

https://indonesiaexpat.id/travel/qua...minister-says/
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
Bali opening without quarantine to fully vaccinated tourists March 14

https://indonesiaexpat.id/travel/qua...minister-says/
Something about the article smacks of good intentions over reality: but fingers crossed!

The longer version of the minister's speech included a three-day quarantine for foreign visitors to Indonesia from tomorrow. Success of the proposed test case of quarantine-free entry to Bali later in the month, would extend country-wide from 01APR.

A few caveats attached, including a PCR test on arrival: annoying, but predictable. But at least they haven't adopted fully the benchmark craziness set by Thailand.

It seems they are tentatively assessing the visa situation, which currently entails sponsors, high cost and faff.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bali's governor seems to be trying to bounce central government into re-opening the islands tourism market.

He putting forward the notion that as from 07March we can enjoy quarantine-free visits with visas available on arrival

All we need is for the relevant ministries Jakarta to go along with the plan......
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
<snip>All we need is for the relevant ministries Jakarta to go along with the plan......
I'm sure that will be a piece of cake

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.