Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Phnom Penh

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The airport train was free through earlier this year, no idea the current cost, but once at the station near the corner of Russian BLVD and Monivong you'll need to hire transportation and all the hacks and shysters hanging out there know it. Now that there's a charge for the train plus further transport necessary it doesn't appear to be an equitable travel mode. Additionally, while traffic does suck during morning and evening hours (and random hours in between), the train is not a quick mode of travel. As always, YMMV.
Ok, I picked up on the idea of a (sensibly working) passenger railway in Cambodia. Airport to city to boot. When did that happen??

I have less than happy memories of sharing a smoke-filled non-smoking floor at the IC with the Chinese presidential delegation: perhaps just as well they ditched the brand and dedicated themselves to serving Beijing.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Ok, I picked up on the idea of a (sensibly working) passenger railway in Cambodia. Airport to city to boot. When did that happen??
Earlier this year. The tracks run out of mid terminal area (everything at the airport has been changed in the last 18 months save the entrance and exit from the building), immediately cross over Russian BLVD and disappear down the road across the street until the spur hits the main tracks. It consists of an engine and single car from what I've seen, supposedly running every 20 min, 24 hours a day. Through July the passage was free both ways, I don't have the faintest clue what the cost is now.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
What I find so strange about Phnom Penh is that you basically have 10-20 “boutique” hotels who all pretty much offer the same exact thing. WiFi, free breakfast, air conditioning, a restaurant, and a pool. And they all pretty much have the same ratings between 4.1-4.8. So how can you possibly choose when you have zero idea about the property and they all more or less are the same? Not that im complaining, or saying this sysyem is bad.

Its just unique to Phnom Penh, and offers a dilemma I’ve never found in another major city.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I’m doing a vote out of these three hotels:

1. VMANSION Boutique Hotel, Phnom Penh

2. White Mansion, Phnom Penh

3. iRoha Garden Hotel & Resort
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Did you check The Pavilion? they have over 2k reviews on TP, same as the White Mansion.
Usually you get a good (and friendly) service on those Boutique hotels, that's why most of them they have 4.5* reviews on TA. I decided to stay on Queen Grand Boutique Hotel & Spa, is just one night.
Always check on Hotel's website, for example The Pavilion will offer a free 25minutes massage on your arrival if you book directly with them.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fedechat
Did you check The Pavilion? they have over 2k reviews on TP, same as the White Mansion.
....that's why most of them they have 4.5* reviews on TA.
Actually, in Cambodia, that's because most everyone pays for fake reviews.
IAN-UK and Goldorak like this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Out of those three, does anyone have any first hand knowledge or recommendations? Im leaning towards the White Mansion because im I’m a two person suite for next to nothing with me and my cousin.

First hand accounts would be nice.

Some people mentioned The Pavilion which I considered but 1. Can’t find a refundable rate and 2. They don’t have rooms fit with two beds which is what I need so staying there wouldn’t work anyway.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Actually, in Cambodia, that's because most everyone pays for fake reviews.
That's true but that's why I only trust on users that have lever 3 or more (more than 10 reviews), which means they reviewed others hotel around the world as well, not just a new user with one review history.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

They pay people for reviews? Some of these hotels have 400-over a thousand reviews surely you can’t pay for that many people. The only thing I’m worried about is cleanliness. A room can be small, and not have everything I want. But as long as everything is very clean, no bugs, I have no problems. Do any of the hotels above have a history of making up reviews?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
They pay people for reviews? Some of these hotels have 400-over a thousand reviews surely you can’t pay for that many people.
Sigh... you don't get out much.
1flyer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:49 am

Nearly all pay for reviews in Cambodia - even the well established high-end ones. Look ate the 1 to 3 stars for some more insights. That said - the value for money is very good in Cambodia so it is hard to go completly wrong.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Sigh... you don't get out much.
To Cambodia, no. I just don’t see how you could fictionalize literally 1,000+ reviews but I guess anything is possible.

Are any of the three hotels I listed above involved in that activity?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Are any of the three hotels I listed above involved in that activity?
From a cursory look the first two no/very little but the Iroha yes. I suspect you'd be happiest at the first two.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
From a cursory look the first two no/very little but the Iroha yes. I suspect you'd be happiest at the first two.
Thank you. White mansion it is.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:13 am
Original Poster

So between VMANSION and White Mansion, which is better? I’m travelinf with my cousin and we got a two bedroom suite at the White Mansion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.